#11 Old Dominion

In Buffalo

#1 Syracuse
#16 East Tennessee

#8 St. Mary's
#9 Georgia Teck

zagar
03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Who knows if this will come to pass, but I think both WCC teams could do something with these draws. Frankly I would not want to match up against ODU--they are legit--but I think the Zags are better. Temple is also good, but beatable.

I would also love to see Samhan and SMC shooters go up against both GT and Syracuse. The second game in particular would not be easy, but SMC has some shooters to make the Syracuse zone open up (if only a little) on the inside for Samhan.

willandi
03-14-2010, 12:24 PM
I think the seed is appropriate, but don't like being that close to Old Dominion's home. Smacks of another Davidson game.

Das Zagger
03-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I think the seed is appropriate, but don't like being that close to Old Dominion's home. Smacks of another Davidson game.

Bingo, except the "Davidson" part, I don't think ODU has a Steph Curry type player.

That is going to be a looooong trip though.

willandi
03-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Only distance is to the TV. I wish I could afford to go to the games, but alas, Ah' lack.

OD doesn't have a single player like Curry, but are a good team, and the drive from Virginia isn't that far, so they should have more fan base. It is a game we should win, and we should be able to win the second as well.

BlueVoodoo07
03-14-2010, 12:31 PM
As long as Gray plays like its the Davidson game I think we would be okay.:)

cbbfanatic
03-14-2010, 01:06 PM
i wonder how often, if ever, you see a 4 team pod consisting entirely of mid majors?

would be a very doable draw for the zags (though temple would create some tough matchups), but i cant see it lining up like this...

23dpg
03-14-2010, 01:30 PM
I hate when they put all the mid majors together.
I'm watching with passive attention to the selection. Not a lot of drama this year.

BobZag
03-14-2010, 01:39 PM
It's like the BCS putting Boise State against TCU.