PDA

View Full Version : Please give us UW in the first round!!!

Das Zagger
03-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I know its a longshot but I want the Dawgs, I know the rest of you are with me on that one!

MickMick
03-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Their penetrating style would give us fits. They may not be a great rebounding team, but they are very quick to loose balls. They are playing at a different level than they were a month ago.

I'm not so sure it is a favorable matchup.

JohnOGU
03-13-2010, 04:20 PM
I would like it, but in the off chance that we have another monumental collapse and they beat us, I'd never hear the end of it.

SunDevilGolfZag
03-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Huskies don't play enough defense to win more than one or two games, but I wouldn't want to play them if their playground game is "on" that day. I'd like to play Purdue in the first round, although with them being a 4 or 5 seed that would never happen. Without their star, Purdue is not as good as LMU or SF; no way.

Das Zagger
03-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Who cares about styles? We'd finally get the chickens, no way they could avoid us!

heavyzag
03-13-2010, 04:26 PM
The way everyone rips the Huskies them winning the autobid may send us to the NIT...

NEC26
03-13-2010, 04:27 PM
I think Qpon could give Elias Harris fits but they are not the best three point shooting team so for me its hard to say.

zagfan08
03-13-2010, 04:29 PM
The way everyone rips the Huskies them winning the autobid may send us to the NIT...

What..?

JAGzag
03-13-2010, 04:30 PM

You're kidding, right? To go from a projected 7-8 seed to last out b/c one team wins one game?

NEC26
03-13-2010, 04:31 PM

Lol are you serious? Why in the world would we not make the tourny? We are either going to be a 6 or 7 by most sites I'm hardly worried about making the tourney.

BlueVoodoo07
03-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Yeah there is not one site or Espn that has us out, shoot there isn't one site that has us lower than a #10 seed. AS for playing the Huskies, bring on the puppies. More than likely it will be us vs Texas or Cal first round I think

ZagLawGrad
03-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Unless we get a fire in our belly like UW has right now, Zags lose that matchup. We haven't had that fire for a while.

willandi
03-13-2010, 04:56 PM

Pretty sure that this is intended as humor/sarcasm. Don't take it personal or seriously.

Das Zagger
03-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Pretty sure that this is intended as humor/sarcasm. Don't take it personal or seriously.

LOL! He (she?) played that well!

heavyzag
03-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Yes gang I live on the west side of the state and all my Husky friends flooded my inbox all week saying the Zags tanked it to take an at large away from UW... So there you have my reason for my little rant. Love the Zag Nation.... Heavy

RenoZag
03-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Cal

alldaye
03-13-2010, 06:10 PM
New bracketology looks good for us if we can get by K-State in rd 2...

alldaye
03-13-2010, 06:12 PM
But we're 7 seed, Richmond is a 6?? wow don't know bout that.

ZagLawGrad
03-13-2010, 06:13 PM
Lunardi update showing UW in Spokane as a 12 against Mich. State.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

If I was a Husky (and I' not), I love that venue and the matchup. While tomorrow will be an adventure waiting to hear where the Zags end up, gotta shake the head over the opportunities the Zags let slip away.

BlueVoodoo07
03-13-2010, 06:52 PM
Lunardi update showing UW in Spokane as a 12 against Mich. State.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

If I was a Husky (and I' not), I love that venue and the matchup. While tomorrow will be an adventure waiting to hear where the Zags end up, gotta shake the head over the opportunities the Zags let slip away.

I think the Huskies would hear alot of boos even in Spokane, I would root for the Spartans at least they will play us.

webspinnre
03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
While many Zags would boo, there are a number of UW grads in Spokane.

MDABE80
03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
Careful what you wish for...UW's looking better every game....athletic and quick. No D mind you but we haven't looked consistently good for a while...and we're banged up. This might not be our year guys....

fedwayzag
03-13-2010, 10:05 PM
I was wondering who would say Huskies in Spokane. What a change from about a month ago.

dawgfather11
03-13-2010, 11:15 PM
you guy's really don't want to play us right now so be careful what you wish for. Either way I think the zags have fallen to far to get us. UW will nab an #11 seed, and I expect to see gonzaga with a 7 or 8 seed

Zag79
03-14-2010, 12:09 AM
you guy's really don't want to play us right now so be careful what you wish for. Either way I think the zags have fallen to far to get us. UW will nab an #11 seed, and I expect to see gonzaga with a 7 or 8 seed

agreed. uw is one of the hottest teams in college hoops right now, and i for one could think of some other teams i would rather play at this moment. i wouldnt be surprised to see both teams make a run at the sweet 16 to be completely honest.

Zagineer
03-14-2010, 12:23 AM
Das - Be careful what you wish for. I say, NO WAY!! I don't want to see the UW..... except maybe....... until the final game.

As much as I'm still recovering from Dollar's shenanigans and Romar's chickenitis, congrats are in order.

Congrats, UW. For pulling yourself out of the hell hole you were in about a month ago to end up winning the Pac-10 Tourney.

There. I said it. I hope there fortune does not hurt GU's destiny.

bigblahla
03-14-2010, 03:37 AM
We'd eat them for breakfast I've seen at least eight games on the tube and they have nothing in the paint and Pondexter. Their guards are puny and inconsistent fast yes but gimme a break Matt ,Steven, Meech, Bol, Gj & GG can handle them.

Don't overrate the Pac-10 it sucks this year. Can anybody say one and done.

Go!! Zags!!!

seasontixholder
03-14-2010, 05:48 AM
One of the better coaching jobs of the year. Or at least the latter half of the season. They did three things. They kept a better defender on the floor longer, reducing guard penetration that was exposing their bigs (The defense is actually a decent asset instead of a liability.). They learned how to cope with a zone, and are no longer baffled by it. And they learned how to win.

Congratulations to them ... from one who is not obsessed about not playing them. They do their thing, we do ours.

dpouley
03-14-2010, 06:11 AM
Don't overrate the Pac-10 it sucks this year. Can anybody say one and done.

Go!! Zags!!!

Pac10 is 8th in RPI

WCC is 13th in RPI

Don't use the quality of the league to prove that GU is better than UW. Make the argument if you believe it, but at least make a good case to back up your argument.

75Zag
03-14-2010, 06:14 AM
Congratulations to the Dogs on making the dance. I thought the 2nd half of the UW - CAL game was one of the more enjoyable (non GU) halves of basketball I have watched in a while. Romar called a couple good plays coming out of time outs and the team executed them well against Cal's inside defense.

If UW ever meets GU I will cheer for GU but otherwise I want both teams to do well in the NCAA tournament. This is good for college basketball in the State of Washington.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

bartruff1
03-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Huskies are scary....Romar did very good job....

The509sfinest
03-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Wisconsin gets a tough 1st round match up against Montana if this is correct....if i was Wisconsin i would not be happy to be against Montana first round even though they will 90% will win. It will just be an exausting game that might get them knocked out the second round.....esspecially for the guy that needs to guard Anthoney Johnson. Double team?

ZaginLaw
03-14-2010, 07:02 AM
All of a sudden the Pac-10 became scary because they final game was on CBS? The league, including Cal and UW are not good. Nothing in that game proved otherwise.

To say UW is scary is a huge stretch. What's next, insisting they are a Top 10 team?

They are short, weak and overconfident... bring them on!

bigblahla
03-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Pac10 is 8th in RPI

WCC is 13th in RPI

Don't use the quality of the league to prove that GU is better than UW. Make the argument if you believe it, but at least make a good case to back up your argument.

Dude they're your team you've seen them. Can they beat the Zags? Sure, anyone can beat anyone on a given day, It's not about stats it's the eye test.

I'm not into the Huskies or their fans so don't expect the slightest respect from me for Chicken Romar and his Pullets.

If LMU or those pirates from Moraga played your Pulletts I'd bet the bank on the lads from the WCC.

Go!! Zags!!!

SUSpokanative
03-14-2010, 08:08 AM
There's been a lot of talking smack against the Huskies throughout the year and I generally agree with it. That said, no way I want to be near them right now. They would present huge match up problems with their length, quickness and athleticism - it hurts to say, all qualities we seem to have lost or simply don't possess. Meech could probably keep up on D and then things drop off fast. I'm surprised how effective their kid from London is under the basket. Also they bring a huge bench. Hope our coaches see what we need to get to the next level.

dpouley
03-14-2010, 09:14 AM
All of a sudden the Pac-10 became scary because they final game was on CBS? The league, including Cal and UW are not good.

And the league in which the Zags play is weaker than the league in which UW and Cal play.

You can denigrate the Pac10 all you want, but in doing so you should be aware that as a Gonzaga fan you are kind in a glass house.

dpouley
03-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Dude they're your team you've seen them. Can they beat the Zags? Sure, anyone can beat anyone on a given day, It's not about stats it's the eye test.

I think that right now, given how the Dawgs are playing, on a neutral court, out of 10 games it would be around an even split. However, given the total year and the inconstancy of the Huskies, I would say that the Zags would probably win 6 out of 10.

bigblahla
03-14-2010, 09:28 AM
And the league in which the Zags play is weaker than the league in which UW and Cal play.You can denigrate the Pac10 all you want, but in doing so you should be aware that as a Gonzaga fan you are kind in a glass house.

Nope that's Dawgman, nothing glass about our house where you by the way are a guest.

10 conference titles in a row.

3-7 Huskies vs Zags 3 up 7 down or should we just look at the last ten games played between our respective teams.

When your team has the balls to schedule a home and home at that time I'll consider your teams qualities but right now all I hear is cluck, cluck, cluck. :D

Go!! Zags!!!

Drew
03-14-2010, 10:07 AM
agreed. uw is one of the hottest teams in college hoops right now, and i for one could think of some other teams i would rather play at this moment. i wouldnt be surprised to see both teams make a run at the sweet 16 to be completely honest.

They are the hottest teams in the Pac 10 . . . This is not the same thing as being the hottest team in college basketball.

BlueVoodoo07
03-14-2010, 10:30 AM
So when did this turn into a UW good job board. The only good job I will tell the Huskies is good job ducking playing us for another year. I can't believe how many people are scared to play the Huskies, it's like of course they looked good playing in the pac 10 tourny cuz it's so weak. Cal was the only okay team they played. Stanford, Beavers? those teams don't make me think wow you had a tough tourny. What was the heads up record for the wcc vs pac10 anyone know?

BlueVoodoo07
03-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Looks like 5 wins for WCC vs. 6 wins for Pac10, pretty close I would say.

Ezag
03-14-2010, 11:28 AM
It is sad that it comes down to the fact that we got walloped in our conference final and the Dawgs took care of business

webspinnre
03-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure the bottom of the Pac-10 is better than the bottom of the WCC, but I'd put the top two teams against the top two in the Pac-10 and say we're pretty even.

sittingon50
03-14-2010, 12:15 PM
All that's really important is when that next great Tuxedo shot shows up!

23dpg
03-14-2010, 01:35 PM
UW is legit right now and will a tough draw for whatever higher ranked team they draw.

RenoZag
03-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Lunardi had the #7 Zags playing #10 Clemson in his hypothetical field of 65 over on ESPN about half an hour ago.

The waiting's nearly over.