PDA

View Full Version : The latest rumor

MickMick
03-13-2010, 01:39 PM
link (http://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1383&tid=140983130&mid=140983130&sid=888&style=2)

webspinnre
03-13-2010, 02:16 PM
If Rotnei doesn't mind being away from family (that was one of the primary factors the first time around), then I'd still take him in a hearbeat. I'd love to have an absolutely dead-eye shooter.

bigblahla
03-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Saw three of his games on the tube and watched him off the ball because of the possible connection from back when. I don't think he plays enough defense to get on the floor at GU.

Go!! Zags!!!

BobZag
03-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Usually when a kid transfers he goes closer to home and to a team where he'd play a lot. His father is on the Oral Roberts staff. If he transfers, I'd guess that's where he'd go...or to Tulsa. Tulsa is basically home.

RockandRollJames
03-13-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't think he plays enough defense to get on the floor at GU.

Are you serious? He would definitely be able to find a ton of minutes.

JAGzag
03-13-2010, 02:43 PM
I remember his recruiting and being away from home was a BIG issue on this board - didn't he go to Arkansas b/c his grandmother lived there? Bob's probably right.

Birddog
03-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Clarke is from Verdigris OK which is about 20 miles NE of Tulsa. BZ is right on, he'll likely go to ORU and he would shine there. He is a fundamentalist Christian too, which makes for a good fit. His granny lives in the Fayetteville area which is only about 100 miles from Tulsa BTW.

JAGzag
03-13-2010, 04:00 PM
If true, interesting. I wonder whether his exposure to "big time basketball" wouldn't wet his appetite for GU rather than a school like Tulsa. But ... as always, I have to defer to the Bob posts planting that seed of possibility and since this wasn't mentioned by him ... probably not going to happen. :)

VinnyZag
03-13-2010, 04:37 PM
I don't understand the obsession with this kid.

I know he's a great shooter and everything, but I just don't get why he continues to be a topic of conversation here. He didn't go to GU. Learn to love the guys we DID get, like Arop, Kong, Gibbs, etc.

MickMick
03-13-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't understand the obsession with this kid.

I know he's a great shooter and everything, but I just don't get why he continues to be a topic of conversation here. He didn't go to GU. Learn to love the guys we DID get, like Arop, Kong, Gibbs, etc.

I understand it.

We covet a great shooter. Clarke may not be the guy, but he has a quality that we want.

webspinnre
03-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I understand it.

We covet a great shooter. Clarke may not be the guy, but he has a quality that we want.

Exactly. He's a good kid, hard worker, great shooter. All of those are things we like/could use. I love the guys we got, just saying that if he was willing to go further away from home, which he didn't want to do the first time, I'd certainly be open to taking him.

bigblahla
03-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Are you serious? He would definitely be able to find a ton of minutes.

Yeah I am, he's slow of foot. Obviously you don't know what it takes to get PT at GU, DEFENSE. We recruit for offense but you have to play D to get on the court or be named Ammo and Rotnei aint Ammo.

Go!! Zags!!!

kitzbuel
03-21-2010, 07:40 PM
FAYETTEVILLE - The following is a statement from Arkansas shooting guard Rotnei Clarke.

"Contrary to a local television station report over the weekend that I was 'seriously considering' transferring, I wanted to make clear to the Razorback fans that I will return to play basketball for the University of Arkansas next season. It has never been my intention to transfer. I am looking forward to working with Coach Pelphrey and the rest of my teammates this off season to improve individually as well as a team for next year. The University, coaches and fans have supported me since I came to Arkansas and I look forward to competing for the Razorbacks next season. My family plays a huge role in my life. With my sister attending the University as a member of the volleyball team and my family living close by, Arkansas has become home."

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=204909358

MDABE80
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Rotnei's best feature was his work ethic. Seems to pay off for him. He's quite slow and and a bit short. he did well in that system and will continue to. What we need is someone about 6 ft 4 in..Dranginis....who will assume that ethic. I think we have some limitations wiht Meech...even though we've had shorter kids at the point. Key thing is that we find some future kids who will shoot 700 balls daily. But we also need some kids who have some speed too.

If staff was to find a kid whith Rot's shooting but had some height, speed and excellent IQ for the game and ballhandling skills galore....we'd find him in the NBA.:) Not so easy to find a 16-18 yr old kid who has those skills. Few's on the lookout and Tommy's on that mission. As more things shake out in the offseason don't be surprised if the staf doesn't produce one. GJ is a superb athlete who needs work but he's got the fundamental skill to be that guy with work. I haven't given up on Meech just yet. He must commit to that extensive shooting work. If he doesn't, he will get some splinters...and he should. Doesn't mean he's not the greatest kid ever....it does mean he won't get minutes. 4 on 5 is a problem...some programs used to be able to get away with it...not anymore..IMHO.