PDA

View Full Version : Tourney observations

Xin Loi 67
03-13-2010, 12:06 PM
First: Saint Mary's team absent during the Anthem? I can't recall, ever seeing a team at any level showing this obvious disrespect. Then in continuance, Omar rejects the tradition of greeting and well wishes at center court. Please, does anyone want to defend or explain this. Would any Gales fan step forward and offer an apology to those of us who could stand did?

Second: Few's offensive change at half. The score was near tied and the Zags were surging at 20 minutes played and looked like a typical SM, GU game. The ball was taken out of Matt's hands and his scoring and the team's took a turn. The first time I've seen Bouldin hit with a pass in transition was Steven's bouncer in the tourney. I looked for picks being set, couldn't see the effort. Almost everytime he got the ball he was face guarded or doubled when the pass was made. Meech , when he happened to see Matt posted up or open consistantly was late or looked him off. Bouldin is banged up but the thinking on the team is off, they are playing four man ball at times. I know he has played hurt for most of the season and playe through it. At this stage, even if his scoring is off, I would rather have the ball in his hands most of the time. That's the way it was prior to conference play and I think we were doing pretty well by it.

Third: The bad calls actually influenced the game. The timing of the bad calls in many instances broke the teams rythm and then the obvious missed calls. Folks our players were getting apologies from the refs. on the floor again and again.

Fourth: We should have won.

BlueVoodoo07
03-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I think Matty was pretty sick to, but its in the past its MADNESS TIME now.

theman.themyth.thelegend
03-13-2010, 12:15 PM
The only Tourney I care about at this point is the one with the four-letter acronym, not three. NCAA.

BlueVoodoo07
03-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Like I said it's in the past and everybody has zero wins and zero losses..Slate has been wiped clean.

IdahoZagFan
03-13-2010, 01:22 PM
We've been incredibly busy since returning from Vegas. This may have been posted before and we missed it, but we did want to make the point.

We attended both men and women's tournament games. The GU cheer squad was hands down the best! Kudos to the men on the squad - they were terrific. The routines were very good and, quite obviously, they have spent many hours practicing. The GU squad was very entertaining!

GOOD WORK!

sittingon50
03-13-2010, 05:07 PM
I can only speak for the games in the Mac, but almost every visiting team leaves the floor for the Anthem.

Omar has matured a lot in the last 4 years, but took a step back during the Tourney IMO.