PDA

View Full Version : Should the WCC tourny be moved

BlueVoodoo07
03-13-2010, 01:49 AM
Do you like the long break after the WCC tourny that we get before the madness begins, or would you rather them schedule it to end the Saturday before selection Sunday. I see positives for both, keeping it like it is gives players time to heal, but the week long break can make you come out flat your first game. Having it end the Saturday before can keep you in game mode with only a few days off, so which do you like better, and for what reason.

alaskazagnut
03-13-2010, 02:14 AM
pushed to ESPNU2 or maybe not even carried. Our conference still isn't a huge TV draw like the BCS schools. But having a weekend all to ourselves on TV and for ticket sales in Vegas is important for all the other teams to generate some TV and financial success. I would rather the WCC compete for TV time with America East conference than the ACC.

I think we have the best for everyone as it is. Plus most teams need the time to rest and get healthy even at the expense of going cold.

I personally want ALL games to have their final tipoff before midnight on Saturday. This frantic figuring of brackets is stupid. It casts doubt on teh selection commitees choices and would give the world Sunday morning to relax see all the highlights and March Madness shows.

bigblahla
03-13-2010, 03:18 AM
Why even have the tournament, obviously there is little premium put on the conference champion when the winner of the tournament is the WCC champion.

Our annual NCAA slight happens tomorrow we could be rewarded for winning our tenth straight conference title with a trip to Providence and a 9am PST start time. Lucky us, another BCS screw job.

Expand the tournament to 128 teams, 64 BCS and 64 for the rest of us, two separate tournaments to start. Separate into seeded pods so at the end of the first week you have 16 BCS teams and 16 of the rest of us, seed each group 1-16 but first round no BCS plays BCS and vice versa, that would crown a true national champion and the playing field would be more level.

Just my opinion.

GO!! Zags!!!

RenoZag
03-13-2010, 06:01 AM
AZN's points re: having less competition for the media spotlight, seal the deal.

Leave it where it is on the calendar

MickMick
03-13-2010, 06:38 AM
Don't change anything. Refined to perfection.

willandi
03-13-2010, 07:49 AM
I too am torn. The extra weak to recover helps, but the layoff hurts (potentially). Maybe we could schedule a game with an early exit Big East team, as a tune up. Syracuse comes to mind...just joking there.

I would like to see more transparancy in the committee, and I would like them to stand up and say, "If you are playing when we begin, our assumption will be that both teams will lose. We will seed accordingly!! If you can't figure out when to start your tournament so that you finish before WE start, maybe you should all become Community Colleges!!"