PDA

View Full Version : Where do you WANT the Zags to play next Th/Fr?

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Pointless poll to fill the time...

This poll is about just the location - not so much about possible seeds & opponents.

Spokane is out due to the reality of the situation.

I've also taken out San Jose, even though it's still possible, because I'm assuming it would easily win the poll if included.

Post your reasoning.

gu03alum
03-12-2010, 11:48 AM
spokane

Ziggy
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I voted for Ok City because of the short plane ride. I don't like the eastern venues at all for that reason. Milwaukee would be my second choice because of the presence of another Jesuit U. that might come out to support us.

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
spokane
um...

I went with a Fri site since it would make work next week MUCH easier & A LOT less stressful. Went with the Cheese State since it's closest & I think it has the best chance at getting a favorable crowd out of the 3 on Fri.

Zagatak
03-12-2010, 12:01 PM
Depends, if we're matched up with Marquette definetily NOT Milwaukee.

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Depends, if we're matched up with Marquette definetily NOT Milwaukee.
Marq is the host. They can't play there.

Only other host of note is 'Cuse for the 2nd weekend.

Tmac5360
03-12-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm praying for Thursday/Saturday because I want to go to the games at the arena on Friday/Sunday.

krozman
03-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Poll a complete failure to not include spokane, even if they get the location by accident ala Davidson a few years ago. Shame on you Lothar. Bring back neg rep to increase post quality!!!! SHAMEEEEEEE. :D

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Poll a complete failure to not include spokane, even if they get the location by accident ala Davidson a few years ago. Shame on you Lothar. Bring back neg rep to increase post quality!!!! SHAMEEEEEEE. :D
Lothar still has neg rep, you better be careful... :p

Anyway, why put in Spokane when it will not happen or SJ when it would get 80% of the votes? Wanted the outcome to be somewhat in doubt...

Jedster
03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
I'm praying for Thursday/Saturday because I want to go to the games at the arena on Friday/Sunday.

I picked Oklahoma City for that reason (and shortest plane ride) since I have tickets to Friday/Sunday in Spokane. I don't want to have to eat one of my games in Spokane to watch GU on tv.

titopoet
03-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I didn't see San Jose. That is where i think they go. (Cal as a 3 seed, and a possible second round opponent. The PAC-10 has too much power in the selection committee)

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 01:10 PM
4 crazy people have voted in the poll so far...

siliconzag
03-12-2010, 01:41 PM
the way to San Jose?

I would love it. Friday on the coast. Dinner at Santana Row. San Jose would be the place. But against Cal. OMG. First round win followed by a blow out. Those boys hit more three pointers than any team we've faced. ABC=Anybody But Cal. The Cal fans are great. Very witty student section, and rowdy too. It will be interesting to see the KC go up against the Lair. The straw hat band is awesome. Oski could use a face lift though. I might just write a poem if we play the Bears.

Sili

kitzbuel
03-12-2010, 01:57 PM
More Cowbell....

Those locations might as well be the moon since I have little chance of going to them.

zagamatic
03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't really care where they play or what day as much as how well they match up against their opponents and what TIME OF DAY they play. It seems to me that they don't really play well in really early games. But I would say Oklahoma city

ZagMania
03-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I wanted them in Spokane cause it was best for the team but if they get put in Buffalo it would make me so extremely happy to get to go see the Zags in person at tournament time!

BobZag
03-12-2010, 02:57 PM

+1. OKC is my choice

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 02:58 PM
4 crazy people have voted in the poll so far...
now up to 6...

TexasZagFan
03-12-2010, 03:06 PM
+1. OKC is my choice

Me, too...but the only game I could make is Saturday, which would mean a Zags win on Thursday.

3 hour drive from Dallas...piece of cake. OKC's a great town. Ford's a good venue, too. I remember seeing Pargo and Griffin light it up two years ago.

TexasZagFan
03-12-2010, 03:07 PM
now up to 6...

Each of these voters need to have their cars impounded. ;)

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 03:13 PM
When was the last time Ok City won a "travel to" poll? Ever? :D

Section 116
03-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I'm with Tmac5360 and Bobzag. Make it a Thursday/Saturday!

maineblackbear
03-12-2010, 03:41 PM
check it-- there is one vote for Providence-- its mine!!!!! And, my wife just informed me that we will be in Dover, Delaware Thursday night. So, never mind!

Best sites in order are: Spokie, SJ and OKC--best bet is latter, though Milwaukee would be okay.

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 03:57 PM
check it-- there is one vote for Providence-- its mine!!!!! And, my wife just informed me that we will be in Dover, Delaware Thursday night. So, never mind!

Best sites in order are: Spokie, SJ and OKC--best bet is latter, though Milwaukee would be okay.
agreed - although I'm partial to WI over OK.

SJ - evening pair on Thurs would be amazing (have tix for all SJ games), but mid-day @ SJ could be a dagger due to work. Fingers crossed!

sullyzag66
03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
The poll was "Where do you WANT the Zags to play next Th/Fr?"

I didn't vote because where I WANT the Zags to play next Th/Fr wasn't an option. :p

alaskazagnut
03-12-2010, 04:14 PM
New Orleans is a sentimental favorite, underdog lovin' city. We have beaten the oklahoma teams the last couple years so I don't think they like us that much. Maybe I'm wrong but New Orleans is one of my all-time favorite towns and I think we would have a huge fan showing there.

But Oklahoma seems to be the easiest bracket so far.

I know we are not underdogs anymore but we still have that mid-major "against all odds" and "David vs Goliath" thing going. We are still the small school that brings down the big schools.

Go Zags!!!

Birddog
03-12-2010, 04:20 PM
OKC and if they make it to Saturday, I'll buy you a beer Tex.