PDA

View Full Version : Been gone for a minute...

skan72
03-12-2010, 08:33 AM
Hey all,

I haven't been posting in awhile, I had some personal stuff along with school to deal with...and needless to say posting wasn't foremost in my mind at the time.

However, I'm back. And I've got to say, even while I wasn't posting, I still LOVE Gonzaga basketball. I watched the SMC/GU game live stream during a Physics Lab on Monday. It was a sad outcome; however, I don't think Gonzaga will play like that again this season.

Some thoughts I'd like to share, mostly about players....

GJ - saw him in the summer camp, scrimmaging, he was and is absolutely the quickest man I've ever seen. He will be a dominating combo guard of the future Zags. He is ill, and dang does he have some of the biggest rocks that they call calves. In the few garbage minutes against SMC that he got at the end of the game, he looked good.

As for KO - for those of you saying he won't be a player...what? He's a freshman, he's still maturing, he looks young, and he was, to be honest, one of our better players against SMC. I still believe he'll develop into a Dirk and possibly project that to the NBA...

Sacre - with his body and size, needs to keep getting tougher and work on getting closer to the basket for those post moves. I love Sacre, I love how much better he has gotten, he keeps working like that in the off-season...uh-oh, other teams are going to get BEASTED on in his junior and senior years.

Gray - where's the fire I see him play with in full-court scrimmages? He dominates, he is having fun out there, but during the SMC game while he did well at times, he just doesn't look like he's enjoying it. Nothing against him, not belittling him. I just want to see him enjoy it. Guy is a "grayt" talent, and I'm super excited for how he'll play at the Big Dance (Davidson '08 anyone??) and his senior year.

These are all the thoughts I have on that matter for now....however....

There is no other team that I cheer for that makes me feel so sick when they lose, this is not because I hate Gonzaga, obviously. It's because of how much I care about us doing well, if we lose and play well and stand up. Great. If we lose like we did to SMC or even worse...the Duke game...I feel so sick. And yes, when we win close battles it still sucks and leaves an empty feeling in my stomach. But it just shows me, I love GU basketball. Never won't. I'm a Bulldog until I die, and probably after that too. I can't wait for the tourney, no matter what we're seeded, we're going to show the nation once again not to underestimate Gonzaga and that the SMC loss was a tiny blip in a decade or more of WCC domination.

I don't know about you guys, but #$%# ya am I ready to Dance.

BobZag
03-12-2010, 08:38 AM
http://video.thescore.com:80/watch/gonzaga-s-canadian-connections

Welcome back. Hope all is well.

skan72
03-12-2010, 08:51 AM
http://video.thescore.com:80/watch/gonzaga-s-canadian-connections

Welcome back. Hope all is well.

I am not worthy!

Thanks muchly for finding this.

ZagNative
03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
Thanks, BZ! Great stuff!

cjm720
03-12-2010, 10:11 AM
GJ - saw him in the summer camp, scrimmaging, he was and is absolutely the quickest man I've ever seen. He will be a dominating combo guard of the future Zags. He is ill, and dang does he have some of the biggest rocks that they call calves. In the few garbage minutes against SMC that he got at the end of the game, he looked good.

Great overall post Skan, welcome back.

Your post re: GJ reminds me of another poster last year who came up with the nickname Ill Vil - love it!!! His future is indeed bright...hope he's a zag for 4 years.

Go Zags!!

Section 116
03-12-2010, 02:47 PM
Nice find BobZag, that was well done!