Houston beat Memphis - C USA Quarter Finals
OSU beat Oklahoma - BIG 12 1st Round
Miami beat Wake - ACC 1st Round
Oregon beat WSU - PAC 10 1st Round
WVU beat Cinci - BIG EAST Quarter Finals
UVA v. Duke - ACC 2nd Round
Mich. St. v. Minn. - BIG 10
Illinois v. Wisconsin - BIG 10

That leaves Duke, Michigan State, Illinois, and Wisconsin still alive in their conference tournaments... however Wisconsin and Illinois play eachother tomorrow. I'll be rooting for Duke to take care of business in the ACC and for Wisconsin to take all the glory in the BIG 10. Hopefully this will keep GU's RPI in the 30's for Selection Sunday.

MDABE80
03-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Doesn't matter anymore....we are what we've made ourselves. Selection Sunday won't be fun...no matter who loses now. 7-8 seed somewhere. A higher seed and home cooking isn't in the cards. These kid need to win some games by being skillful, smart and tough. Tough part seems gone. We'll see about skill and smarts. Right now, the verdict is out...sad to say.

ZagAddict
03-11-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm feeling an 8 versus a 7... hopes of 6/7 have set sail. At least the Zags name will show up on Sunday in the brackets... we need to stay positive. I'd rather be complaining about getting an 8 seed versus planning to watch the Zags in the NIT.

zag galifianakis
03-11-2010, 09:03 PM
WVU was already in and ahead of us, so no big deal with them winning. Oregon is garbage, they won't go any farther. I don't see any way that Miami comes out of the ACC.

We're in, 100%. A bunch of crappy teams winning from the power (lol!) conferences just means that we have a better chance at getting an easy matchup next week!

ZagAddict
03-11-2010, 09:06 PM
WVU was already in and ahead of us, so no big deal with them winning. Oregon is garbage, they won't go any farther. I don't see any way that Miami comes out of the ACC.

We're in, 100%. A bunch of crappy teams winning from the power (lol!) conferences just means that we have a better chance at getting an easy matchup next week!

Agreed that GU is in... I was just hoping for an RPI boost with wins from our opponents in their conference tournies.

sullyzag66
03-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Zags should make the play-in game, at least. :rolleyes:

Today, Lunardi has Zags a 7 seed playing Old Dominion in Oklahoma City.

alaskazagnut
03-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Every day our SOS and RPI seems to drop a point or two and we aren't even playing.

But we are holding an invisible golden ticket to the big dance. So this is a great carefree week of college basketball all day every day. Wow its great to be a ZAG!!!!

It doesn't matter who we play IMO. Our team has internal issues to face. Each player on our team has some personal reflection and self analysis to do. They are going to have to make personal "re-commitments" to play very focussed , very smart, and above all they have to play very intensely every minute of the 40 without sloppy turnovers, forced shots and stupid fouls.

They will do it. BTW, did I say "It is great to be a Zag?"

Ezag
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Zags had a chance to take care of business and their destiny. Then got walloped by twenty, so they get what they get, though I still keep the fingers crossed for a higher seed

alaskazagnut
03-11-2010, 11:01 PM
I'd like a 6 or 7 seed rather than a 5 seed. But I think a 6 seed is the best of both worlds. Avoid the 1 seed till the Swt 16, and avoid the 2 seed (we play the 3 seed) if we can win the 11 seed 1st round game.

I know it is splitting hairs (or splitting seeds) but oh well. This week is a blast.

I'm gonna say a little prayer for a six seed.

caduceus
03-12-2010, 02:36 AM
RPI went up one rank to 36 after Wednesday's games. No change after Thursday's games. Duke, Wisconsin, and Michigan St. games are the most likely to affect our RPI at this point, but the effect is likely to be very small.

GU's predicted RPI is 36, and is unlikely to change by more than one position, if at all.

So everybody go outside, enjoy some time away from the TV and the computer for the next week (except Selection Sunday, of course)! Zags' resume is 99.99% complete.

:)

kitzbuel
03-12-2010, 01:49 PM

I hope the Zags get Maryland because they crush the Terps every time!

rawkmandale
03-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Was the Illinois win today over Wisky a benefit, or a detriment? I would have to "think" a small benefit, especially if they can get another win tomorrow.

FieldHouseFishHouse
03-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd like a 6 or 7 seed rather than a 5 seed. But I think a 6 seed is the best of both worlds. Avoid the 1 seed till the Swt 16, and avoid the 2 seed (we play the 3 seed) if we can win the 11 seed 1st round game.

I know it is splitting hairs (or splitting seeds) but oh well. This week is a blast.

I don't think its splitting hairs at all. A 5 is better than a 6 or 7. I really can't see the logic to all of this "I hope we get a worse seed, because in the third round we'll face so and so" stuff. We need the best seed possible (5-6) so that we play some 20-10 mid-major auto bid, instead of a 20-10 BCS sleeper like Marquette (with a 7-8).
In my mind, this season is totally redeemed with a 1st round win. To get that, you need a good first round match-up. Screw the sweet 16, if we get there we will obviously be on a roll and I don't care what seed we match up with.

TexasZagFan
03-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Doesn't matter anymore....we are what we've made ourselves. Selection Sunday won't be fun...no matter who loses now. 7-8 seed somewhere. A higher seed and home cooking isn't in the cards. These kid need to win some games by being skillful, smart and tough. Tough part seems gone. We'll see about skill and smarts. Right now, the verdict is out...sad to say.

I've missed most of Few's TV shows lately. Has he had anything to say on the direction/seeming lack of fire recently?

Ziggy
03-12-2010, 04:02 PM

+1 What s/he said.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-12-2010, 09:46 PM
BYU losing tonight should bump Gonzaga over them in the pecking order.

alaskazagnut
03-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I hope the Zags get Maryland because they crush the Terps every time!

Apparently you don't remember 1995. Maryland beat us by 24. And to this day that stands as our worst, most lopsided loss, ever, in the NCAA tournament.

willandi
03-13-2010, 08:07 AM
BYU losing tonight should bump Gonzaga over them in the pecking order.

It didn't in the Bleacher report. In fact the Spiders moved ahead of us, but they play Xavier today and one of them should drop back. A&M lost, and moved up to a 5 seed. Maryland and Wisconsin lost and slid around a small bit, but not enough, apparently, to help the zags.

Maybe we need to schedule a HUGE TV extravaganza for Sat Night, before 9PM ET (so the east coasts pundits might actually be awake to see it). Not a game, but maybe buy the network time to play "A decade of Excellence", so we're fresh on their minds.

webspinnre
03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Illinois leading OSU in the Big 10 tourney. That'd be a good win for us. Crazy, given how poorly UI played against Wisconsin last week.

U Zig, I Zag
03-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Was the Illinois win today over Wisky a benefit, or a detriment? I would have to "think" a small benefit, especially if they can get another win tomorrow.

A help. We one good win is turning into 2, especially as Illinois takes care of business today.

SanDiegoZag
03-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Wow, Illinois just got blitzed by the Buckeyes. I think Illinois is going to get left out, especially since there are still 4 or 5 teams that could steal bids...

U Zig, I Zag
03-13-2010, 11:28 AM
If by blitzed you mean down 1 with 2 mins left - then, yes, blitzed.
:)

U Zig, I Zag
03-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Illinois up 2 with a min... come on guys

BlueVoodoo07
03-13-2010, 11:57 AM
If Illinois ends up losing does it still help us that they played them tough,or do they have to win?