PDA

View Full Version : OT: Have you guys seen this kind of thing ever? Esspecially in a tourtament game?

The509sfinest
03-11-2010, 05:03 PM
:p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLVqtEcB_ic

Thats just amazing. Everyone thought they had the game won when they got a shot in with 1.6 seconds left just for the other team to inbound the ball and shoot the ball from half court to win the game. And it makes it more exciting because it was a ncaa tourtament game...only D3 though. I would be so mad if this happend to the zags at any time

webspinnre
03-11-2010, 07:06 PM
This happens in the NCAA tournament every few years in some manner or another. Always exciting, but not absolutely unheard of.

Zagsker
03-11-2010, 09:33 PM
that would kill me if that happened to the Zags

allbusiness_zag
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
I don't think i would speak for at least a week. :explode:

webspinnre
03-12-2010, 07:18 AM
That wasn't an open shot, there was a guy right on him with his hands up. Just a great shot.

zagporvida
03-12-2010, 08:26 AM
That was an awesome play. It happens and it is not the coaches fault he had basically two guys on him to at least try and contest the shot.

overthehill
03-12-2010, 09:24 AM
If that ever happened here I would hope the coach would just resign on the spot. There's no good reason at all to let a team get an open half court shot.

that would be the coach's fault?............ you have got to be kidding!!!!!!
:fingergun: :fingergun: :fingergun: :fingergun:

lothar98zag
03-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I thought the link would be for today's Mich-OSU game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQjYFXaRh5w

ZagDaddy
03-12-2010, 05:55 PM
If that ever happened here I would hope the coach would just resign on the spot. There's no good reason at all to let a team get an open half court shot.

Holy moley! You've got to be kiddding. 1.2 seconds left. No time outs and you blame the coach? If I'm coaching that game I'm praying one of my players doesn't foul the kid shooting the prayer shot.

You'd make one tough A.D.

Zagineer
03-12-2010, 09:35 PM

Really? Maybe I'm getting too old to keep up with the fast action, but it sure looked like the shooter had two defenders in front of him. Hard to tell how far off they were from the shooter with the angle of the video, but still....... it wasn't like there were no defenders around. To borrow a line from Lothar's signature video, The Runner,...... "Don't want to foul!!"

Continuing on that thought, are you suggesting that Dan Monson should have resigned if Florida would have made that long 3 point shot back in '99? I don't think so.

I see you're a recent member to GU Boards. Welcome!! It's a collection of the most wonderful people you'd ever want to meet. (Well, at least in the FOO. :) ) May I provide you two recommendations that will make your experience on GU Boards all that more rewarding.

1. Proof read your messages before posting. Make sure you typed the proper word (to, too, or two. There, their, or they're. Then or than). And please use that modern feature called paragraphs.

2. Before hitting the Submit Reply button, pause a moment to realize that you are posting to a potential audience of 6 billion people. I have found that fact to temper many of my responses.

If that doesn't work, just ask yourself before hitting the Submit Reply button, "What would El Voce post?"

:)

Zagineer
03-12-2010, 09:55 PM
I thought the link would be for today's Mich-OSU game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQjYFXaRh5w

WOW, Lothar. What a find.

If zg were AD, the Michigan coach would either have to resign on the spot, or accept a $20 per week pay cut. :D