PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse scouting Kevin Pangos

ZagNative
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Kevin's Denison Huskies played (and lost 61-42 to the Martingrove Bears) in the OFSAA quarterfinals yesterday (http://www.ofsaa.on.ca/boysaaabasketball/index.cfm?DSP=Chapter&ID=4413), but not before he got a nice writeup in The Kensington WHIG-Standard (http://kingstonwhigstandard.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2482336):
Hoops star draws rave reviews
OFSAA CHAMPIONSHIP
He's set his sights on landing an NCAA Division I scholarship -- his father, Bill, the women's basketball coach at York University, said the family already has received more than 10 letters in the mail -- and is trying to nail down his path to his desired destination.

Unlike some top Canadian players his age, Pangos plans to graduate from high school in Canada. He may take a fifth year at a U.S. prep school, but nothing is set in stone.

"A lot of kids go to prep schools, but there are good stories and bad stories," said Pangos, who was watched by several college scouts at OFSAA yesterday, including one from Syracuse University, currently ranked third in the NCAA.

"It's not always great (at a prep school) and there is nothing wrong with my school. It's an opportunity to play against the best teams in Ontario with my buddies."

Pangos picks up the intensity in summer in club-ball and with the under-17 national team, which goes to the world championship in Germany.

A heady point guard, Pangos has great court vision. He made several outstanding, no-look passes when drawing double and triple coverage yesterday.

"Kevin is as hard a worker and (as much) a student of the game as you will find," Rautins said. "He is a true point guard that sees the floor and makes solid decisions."

cjm720
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM
The Rautins connection is not good for Gonzaga....hopefully our Canadian 4 can persuade or help our cause!!!

Therunner
03-10-2010, 03:15 PM
The Rautins connection is not good for Gonzaga...

I wonder if Coach Rautins(father of Syracuse guard--Andy Rautins) informed Syracuse to take a hard look at Pangos. If so, it doesn't bode well for our chances of landing him. Syracuse is to Canada bball as UNC and Duke are to USA bball. Hopefully, the Zags were in on this kid early...he'd be a tremendous pick-up. From the limited game film I've seen, looks and plays exactly like Dickau, much more athletic than you'd think. I do know he's close friends with Manny Arop, not sure about the others...

BobZag
03-10-2010, 03:54 PM
I feel Greg Francis may be on Gonzaga's side.