PDA

View Full Version : US Basketball Writers Assn. All-District Teams

ZagNative
03-10-2010, 09:11 AM
USBWA NAMES 2009-10
MEN'S ALL-DISTRICT TEAMS (http://www.sportswriters.net/usbwa/news/2010/alldistrict100309.html)
DISTRICT IX
CA, OR, WA, HI, AZ, AK

PLAYER OF THE YEAR
Jerome Randle, California

COACH OF THE YEAR
Herb Sendek, Arizona State

ALL-DISTRICT TEAM
Matt Bouldin, Gonzaga
Patrick Christopher, California
Landry Fields, Stanford
Elias Harris, Gonzaga
Kawhi Leonard, San Diego State
Adrian Oliver, San Jose State
Quincy Pondexter, Washington
Jerome Randle, California
Omar Samhan, Saint Mary's
Klay Thompson, Washington State

Reborn
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
If I am reading this right, it has UW and Oregon in and Gonzaga out? And who are HI and Ak? They Matt and Elias on the All District team but not Gonzaga? I don't get this one that's for sure.

Once and Future Zag
03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
CA, OR, WA, HI, AZ, AK are the states - not teams - covered by our district.

ID ZAGFAN
03-10-2010, 12:07 PM
If I am reading this right, it has UW and Oregon in and Gonzaga out? And who are HI and Ak? They Matt and Elias on the All District team but not Gonzaga? I don't get this one that's for sure.

That just means that those states comprise District IX of the NCAA.
The individuals named are on the all district team,
ID ZAGFAN

Hoopaholic
03-10-2010, 12:52 PM
was a pretty accurate list until you got to the last name, Klay Thompson...no way no how is he one of the top 10 players in our district. He started strong with shooting, but still was weak on the defensive end. Then mid year he became a whiner and quit playing on both ends....he is an awesome shooter when he has his head screw on straight, but that is about it for a basketball player........

Reborn
03-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Congrats to Matt and Elias. Matt's a no brainer. Outstanding for Elias to make this his very first year. I'd say that's incredible. I think he will also show it in the NCAA tournament coming up. I hope Matt gets all healted up. Two great players who can get us past the first round I think, along with Gray and Sacre. Go Zags!

BSUBronco74
03-10-2010, 06:14 PM
he's way better than Klay Thompson, in all phases of the game.

ZagNative
03-10-2010, 06:42 PM
he's way better than Klay Thompson, in all phases of the game.+1000