PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to drink some Kool-Aid with me

Reborn
03-10-2010, 09:08 AM
For me drinking Kool-Aid has always been a great solution when things begin looking grim. It seems to restore my faith. Faith has always been the most important gift that I have, and when it comes to Gonzaga basketball it has served me well, especially this year. I had a lot of doubt at the beginning of this year, but my faith in Mark Few and the Zags helped me believe that the Zags could once again do well in OOC games, win the WCC and make it to the NCAA tournament and win at least one game. I still feel the same. My faith, and drinking Kool-aid, has served me well.

In my guts, where faith resides, I still feel that the Zags could go beyond the first round and even beyond the second and third. I have a gut feeling, influenced by kool-aid of course, that 2010 is going to be a very good year for Zag basketball. I know it's crazy to believe this now. So what. I'm crazy about GU basketball, and I am NOT going to lose my faith, especially now when the team needs it most.

I'm exhausted from reading so many negative threads and posts on the board. I understand their doubts and concerns but it's just NOT me to go into that negative camp. I'm with everyone who still believes in the Zags this year and who have not given up hope. Certainly I am not alone.

I'm feeling the same way as I did at the very beginning of the season. Hopeful. And actually more hopeful than I was then, really. I still believe in this Zag team, and believe Mark Few will have this team prepared for the NCAA tournament. I think for the first time I am really glad we have all these days off. And I think the 7 seed, or a six (it doesn't really matter) will be a good seed for the Zags. WE play the underdog role much better I think.

americasteam
03-10-2010, 10:18 AM

I'm exhausted from reading so many negative threads and posts on the board. I understand their doubts and concerns but it's just NOT me to go into that negative camp. I'm with everyone who still believes in the Zags this year and who have not given up hope. Certainly I am not alone.

I'm feeling the same way as I did at the very beginning of the season. Hopeful. And actually more hopeful than I was then, really. I still believe in this Zag team, and believe Mark Few will have this team prepared for the NCAA tournament. I think for the first time I am really glad we have all these days off. And I think the 7 seed, or a six (it doesn't really matter) will be a good seed for the Zags. WE play the underdog role much better I think.

Reborn, I'm with you! Completely agree-
1 Gonzaga plays better as an underdog. And the fans "play" better as the underdog...rooting for the team to improve, fight the big guys, etc
2 My attitude in life is better suited to the "hopefulness" of a Gonzaga win, rather than the negative camp that we'll never get anywhere

Thanks for the post!

MJ777
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Pour me a Tall one Reborn. I'm all in. :)

lothar98zag
03-10-2010, 11:02 AM
http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr256/JWALLBANGER/ohyeah.jpg

U Zig, I Zag
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Omar Samhan.

* this thread was getting down kind of low on the page!

HOOTER
03-10-2010, 12:03 PM
I'm with you Reborn (sort of anyway). First, the "negative" posts were certainly understandable and maybe even warranted after the Saint Mary's game. Gonzaga's effort was lackluster and the officiating was miserable. Pointing out those facts certainly isn't negative.

Now, as for the Koolaid, I'm with you. I can hardly wait for the tourney to start so our Zags can wash that losing taste out of their mouths with some wins. I think we're going to see a Zags team with the passion, desire and intensity beyond anything we've seen this season, and that's saying something.

BTW, I'm also excited for the tourney to start so I can watch fatman and the Gaels make an early exit. Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.:D

Butler Guy
03-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Omar Samhan.
Have you ever noticed?

http://www.stormingthefloor.net/assets_c/2009/12/omar_samhan-thumb-150x225-2445.jpghttp://www.palzoo.net/file/pic/user/Forest-Whitaker.jpg

sonuvazag
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Unless you're a gambler or need to be right for another reason, why would you not want the KOOL AID!

Zag79
03-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Unless you're a gambler or need to be right for another reason, why would you not want the KOOL AID!

i said sweet 16, elite 8 even. im sticking to it so pour me a couple shots!