PDA

View Full Version : want to hate samhan... more???

malmer7
03-09-2010, 03:51 PM
i was just driving home from work and had to share what i heard on the radio (sacramento area). they were interviewing coach bennet on knbr 680 when samhan called in - when asked if he flipped sacre off to earn the T, he responded by saying: "no, no, nothing like that, i just told him that mark few and i had dinner reservations tonight to celebrate the victory and wanted to know if i should reserve a seat for him as well"
obviously he didn't say this, not enough time, but how ridiculous. he went on and on about how great they were last night, and the radio guys said they are now worried that if samhan doesn't make the nba (which he won't), they will have to be worried about their jobs... if samhan becomes a radio host or announcer somewhere, watchout sweden, here i come.

Saxon_zag
03-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Omar keeps it classy.. Beats us 1 out of 3 times in a year and talks the most junk ever... pathetic human being

CaZagAlum
03-09-2010, 04:10 PM
It sucks living in the bay area and seeing and hearing the coverage everwhere I go today. My wife texted me this morning and let me know that as she walked from the ferry building to her job in San Francisco, she averted her eyes from all the horrible news stand coverage. I fell in love all over again.

lothar98zag
03-09-2010, 04:11 PM
1 word: I'm a Beast

HOOTER
03-09-2010, 04:12 PM
I can only take comfort in the fact that Saint Mary's will not go deep in the tourney, Fatman will not play in the NBA, and come next season we will not have to see his ugly mug anymore. Good riddance.

NEC26
03-09-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't begrudge Saint Mary's their win but Fatham is the one guy in the WCC I cannot stand. Total classless jerk.

ZaginLaw
03-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Based on some commentary here I have switched my hopes from SMC winning a game or two to hoping they do exactly like the other NCAA Tourney's - one and done.

They'd better bring their A game. Omar will NOT be allowed to throw people around under the basket like he did vs. UP and Gonzaga. Those UP kids were literally thrown around. It was good to see Coach Reveno get a T for sticking up for his kids.

krozman
03-09-2010, 04:33 PM
:lmao: I would have talked a lot more trash in my youth if I knew how personally people actually took it. sheesh. Doesn't matter if Omar is stupid and speaks out of his butt 95% of the time. The fact that it gets to you makes me laugh.

JAGzag
03-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Guess I'll step in front of this bus ... I don't mind the guy. Actually, he's fun to hate and you have to admit, we'll miss him next year. Quotes like the one below are pretty funny - he's not being inappropriate or mean spirited. He loves his team and talks some trash ... nothing new. I think we'd really hate him if he beat us, but how many times did that happen?

PS, why all the sour grapes on this board? All this "one and done" talk. Look, we lost, get over it and all this BS about conspiracies with the Refs wanting two WCC teams in, etc, makes all of us look like clowns. I hope SMC does well in the Tourney, we need this rivalry in the WCC.

misszigzag
03-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Omar really displayed a lack of class and sportsmanship against Portland and GU with some of his antics.

There was a point last night, when he was "celebrating" with minutes left on the clock, and I really expected someone on the St. Mary's staff to tell him cool it. Guess that was expecting too much. Nice display of etiquette ;)

Saxon_zag
03-09-2010, 04:38 PM
I would lvoe to root for them in the tourney but can't because of omar.. I hope st. mary's fall on their face in the tournament and if they play in Spokane samhan gets boo'd everytime he gets a touch

allbusiness_zag
03-09-2010, 04:40 PM
Here's Omar's facebook status as of about 10 o'clock last night..

"IMMA BEAST...ZAGS KEEP HATIN' HAHA GAELS BABY!!!! I GOT THE LAST LAUGH!!!!!!!!!! I TOLD U.... SPOKANE HATES ME WELL GUESS WHAT I DONT HATE SPOKANE HAHA CUZ IM NOT A HATER JUST A BEAST... LOVE ALL U GAEL FANS!!!!!!!!"

Though I'd contribute to this thread. I'm with Saxon, I can't root for them because of Omar.

gonwick
03-09-2010, 04:46 PM
Skipping the pregame handshake is what confirmed it for me: His parents didn't raise him right. Sad. You'd also think a coach would encourage his players to show sportsmanship. If SMC draws a Big East team, I hope he pulls his standard cr*p and finds out what happens when you play with the big boys. Rob's plenty big (and did a great job last night) but lacks the mean streak/thuggery that other bigs might display in response to that nimrod.

Zagatak
03-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Let's see who goes farther in the tournament! That kid's a punk.

hooter73
03-09-2010, 04:52 PM
i honestly dont know why hes so happy. His numbers were nonexistent against GU compared to the other marginal teams SMU plays.

CB4
03-09-2010, 04:57 PM
You guys all suck. Samhan is entertaining... Nothing he does is mean spirited or malicious, he does it to get a reaction from you guys. Samhan wins when you all hate on him, he feeds off it. If he was a Zag he'd be a favorite. He has the same attitude as Adam Morrison had, and I wish we had some of that on this year's team.

jazzdelmar
03-09-2010, 05:03 PM
You guys all suck. Samhan is entertaining... Nothing he does is mean spirited or malicious, he does it to get a reaction from you guys. Samhan wins when you all hate on him, he feeds off it. If he was a Zag he'd be a favorite. He has the same attitude as Adam Morrison had, and I wish we had some of that on this year's team.

+1.....goes double on the Ammo reference.....not exactly beloved around the WCC but he was OURS...and, yea, we cd use some of that this year....and next......and a point guard :)

HOOTER
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
You guys all suck. Samhan is entertaining

We all suck and Samhan is entertaining. Wow. :rolleyes: Thanks for clearing that up.

alaskazagnut
03-09-2010, 05:04 PM
He had the last laugh for his career. He wanted that win more than anything. I bet he wanted that more than a win in the Dance.

We let Samhan have the last laugh and his career is now completely validated to leave the WCC on that note.

We gave it to him on a silver "blowout" platter and he can laugh about that for the rest of his life. He will too. He's gonna get a big ol' tattoo on his belly just o make sure everyone is reminded of this huge win for St Marys.

They beat their arch rivals, they beat the perennial Goliath, and they beat the #14 ranked team in the nation. We gave Omar his gloating victory. All we can do is laugh that he can't count words.

Jedster
03-09-2010, 05:19 PM
As much as it hurts to lose, that's okay, I can live with that pain. What I don't like is people who act without class and act like they've never been there before...oh wait, Omar hasn't, so I guess I can't hold that against him. Maybe he'll learn. :)

One of the biggest turn offs for me in sports is the whole "look at me" antics from players. Whether it's celebrating a touchdown with some cool new dance routine, tugging on your jersey, thumping your chest, etc, I can't stand it. It's one of the main reasons I quit watching the NBA years ago and is one of the reasons I root so hard for the Zags, and count hockey as my favorite sport. You just don't see that from the Zags or hockey players (yes, we did see it a bit from Ammo and Daye, but in general, this is a team that doesn't do that garbage).

It seemed that Samhan had grown up these past few years as he's toned that garbage down. Guess it was because we kept kicking SMC's butt year in and year out and he was just waiting to bring it back out. Classy...

Ok, my rant is over.

ID ZAGFAN
03-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Skipping the pregame handshake is what confirmed it for me: His parents didn't raise him right. Sad. You'd also think a coach would encourage his players to show sportsmanship. If SMC draws a Big East team, I hope he pulls his standard cr*p and finds out what happens when you play with the big boys. Rob's plenty big (and did a great job last night) but lacks the mean streak/thuggery that other bigs might display in response to that nimrod.

I have never before seen a team that did not come out of the locker room and stand for the national anthem. I thought that was really classless! :mad:

(Maybe this should be moved to another thread, but I just thought of it again when reading the above.)

ID ZAGFAN

Scotto
03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Omar keeps it classy.. Beats us 1 out of 3 times in a year and talks the most junk ever... pathetic human being

They won the game that matters.

The young Zags will have to work harder to go past the 2nd round now. I think they can fo it.

LongIslandZagFan
03-09-2010, 06:07 PM

When he refused to shake hands at the beginning of the came is SUCH of positive thing and all in good fun, right? Shoving players and giving them the finger is not mean spirited right?

Just for the record, Ammo never did any of that... EVER. Adam may have been cocky, but he was a good sport. Samhan is just a horses back side and a poor sport.

Coug Tracks
03-09-2010, 06:48 PM
When he refused to shake hands at the beginning of the came is SUCH of positive thing and all in good fun, right? Shoving players and giving them the finger is not mean spirited right?

Just for the record, Ammo never did any of that... EVER. Adam may have been cocky, but he was a good sport. Samhan is just a horses back side and a poor sport.I know I probably wonít get much of a response but I remember Morrison jumping up on the scorerís table after hitting a last second shot on another teamís floor. Maybe the reaction was understandable but not exactly being a great sport.

You think Morrison was fine because he is one of your own. I am a bit surprised by a lot of Zag reactions on this thread.

You have to know that your team is Goliath and getting a win to get to the Tournament was a huge deal for Samhan and the Gaels. In a way it is a compliment.

Anyway, I am surprised after all the success GU has experienced over the years that a player could get under your skin so easily.

jaydee77
03-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Omar the Beast is really a laugh. He waits until four teamates are around to make sure he doesnt get his ass kicked and then look like the tough guy. He tried calling Sacre out as he was walking away. Real beast. I dissagree with anyone saying we would like him on the Zags. If any of my kids behaved like that they would not be allowed on the court. He is a good player no doubt. He is also an embarassment. He has had a good career. To bad his legacy will be as much about his stats as his court demeanor. Diamon Simpson was a beast who let his play to all the talking. Omar makes me almost forget Travis Neesom (sp) a few years ago from Santa Clara.

TLKREM2
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I posted an uncut interview with Omar Samhan from today.

No surprise...he talks a little trash about Gonzaga.

http://www.krem.com/video/raw/Omar-Samhan-I-always-wanted-the-last-laugh-against-Gonzaga-laughing-now-87183622.html

I might be unintentionally fueling the fire...

Tim Lewis
KREM 2 Sports Director

Horned Frog
03-09-2010, 07:03 PM
1 word: I'm a Beast

Thanks for this. I'd rather remember his intellect via this quote of his, and laugh...than remember him running down the court after the charge call, and get angry.

ZaginLaw
03-09-2010, 07:10 PM
I can't believe that I'm agreeing with LIZF over Jazz!

Jazz my man, Ammo never was a bad sportsman. He had fun with the opposing team - remember the fun he had with the crowd against USF. It was like Dickau vs. UP when he'd dribble over to the Pilot student section and rain three's as they yelled at his name - taking off the 'au' of his name. Good college stuff.

I like Omar's passion but he expresses it like a child. Ammo never did anything close to that or ever would - his Dad (and sister!) would have slapped him upside the head - you know it and I know it. Sure Ammo went hard against a people but then immediately sought them out after the game congratulate and talk with them at length. Remember BRoy? Ever one thought Ammo was talking trash to him when he told him that he'd for sure be playing at the next level. Ammo was impressed with BRoy. How about that Frosh from Mizzou he banged with in the BIS Adam's frosh year. He went to the stats sheet to see how he compared and told the reporters how fun it was to bang with him and that the Mizzou player didn't play like a frosh at all (forgot his name but he's in the NBA).

Keep it real when using AMMO as a point of reference.

I like Bennett and the rest of the kids on the team but Omar is just too much for me. The Zags could take what he dishes out but his play against UP was disgusting. It's one thing to play hard using basketball techniques. It's quite different to throw bodies around like a "Beast". Like I said Omar will not be allowed to play like a Beast in the NCAA's when real refs are in the game. I hope Bennett get's that thru Omar, he plays hard basketball and SMC finally get's that NCAA win. Unfortunately I don't think either occurs - we'll see...

MedZag
03-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Ammo was a kind, well spoken, polite individual when interviewing with the press but was apparently quite the b*$tard on the floor with his smack talk.

Omar just lets it out in public a little (ok, a lot) more.

I feel uneasy hating omar in a "### calling the kettle black" way. I remember the way we would defend Ammo back in the day. Adam was a helluva basketball player, but he was also kinda a tool. Omar is also a good basketball player, and also a tool.

So yeah, he does a great job of stoking the fires of the rivalry. And he really irks me with his comments, and how he likes to talk about how great he is. But I respect the guy's skills.

Rangerzag
03-09-2010, 07:26 PM
One notion I have read on this forum more than once is to "Act like you have been here before."
Now if you have not been here before, I guess the odds of you acting like you have actually been here before go down exponentially as displayed by ole HamSand.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Ammo was not a good guy lets be honest.

But nowhere near as bad as Samhan. I honestly hate him more than Big Ben aka the rapist. To this date if I know someone is a steelers' fan, my view of them goes down about 100, same for the red sox (unless they are a true local fan for the bosox, never for the steelers). Samhan is far more arrogant and a jerk that Big Ben. He will never play in the NBA, I hope he has a maligned and impoverished life after he comes back from some crappy european league where he does not get his pay check on time. Seriously wish sacre had decked him yesterday. Also wish KO would have tackled Jorden Paige yesterday ala that hit on Rambis in that Celtics lakers final. Trying to score extra points in the final ten seconds? Ridicoulous. Send his ass to the floor! Make a statement!

webspinnre
03-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Ammo was a kind, well spoken, polite individual when interviewing with the press but was apparently quite the b*$tard on the floor with his smack talk.

...also a bit of the same way at parties in the neighborhood. Ammo was a great ballplayer, and I'm glad we had him, but that doesn't mean I have to like his behavior.

gaels87
03-09-2010, 07:54 PM
I hope he has a maligned and impoverished life after he comes back from some crappy european league where he does not get his pay check on time.

For the past 4-5 years, I have enjoyed trolling on this board and all of the WCC boards, for that matter. The most entertaining posts are from those fans that typically are on the edge. We have them, USF has them and the Zags have them (especially after our sides lose a tough game). But to read the post above was truly disturbing. The fact that you are wishing for a very hateful thing on another human being over a freaking basketball game is sick and disturbing. I have had a chance to meet a lot of great fans from your fine institution over the years and after reading something like this makes me think a little less of all of them...and that is pretty damn sad.

spudzag
03-09-2010, 08:11 PM
The fact is Samhan didn't determine the game. At best he was a distraction. He did exhibit the worst sportmanship of the tournament.

RenoZag
03-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Gael87:

Your choice to let one comment on an internet fan board by a faceless poster influence your opinion of a lot of great fans you've met in person is also pretty damn sad.

I respect the Gaels, Coach Bennett, and your fine institution. But don't expect us to root for you. You might as well ask a Giants fan to pull for the Dodgers.

gaels87
03-09-2010, 08:23 PM
as a giants fan, you are right Reno - I would never root for the dodgers. And you are also right - it is a little sad about my comment and I guess it was a stupid one as well. 98% of you guys (and gals) are good people and good fans and make the season a ton of fun. for what it is worth, I apologize to the 98%.

ZagSlug
03-09-2010, 08:49 PM
Can't wait for next year so we can find someone new to dislike and can forget about his tired act.

He makes Travis Niesen look like Mother Theresa.

caduceus
03-09-2010, 10:07 PM
ďA proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you're looking down, you can't see something that's above you.Ē

~C.S. Lewis

TexasZagFan
03-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Can't wait for next year so we can find someone new to dislike and can forget about his tired act.

He makes Travis Niesen look like Mother Theresa.

If the best (worst) that SMC can bring next year is Dellevedova's mouthpiece, it's going to be boring.

TexasZagFan
03-09-2010, 10:23 PM
Gael87:

Your choice to let one comment on an internet fan board by a faceless poster influence your opinion of a lot of great fans you've met in person is also pretty damn sad.

I respect the Gaels, Coach Bennett, and your fine institution. But don't expect us to root for you. You might as well ask a Giants fan to pull for the Dodgers.

That...will...never...happen. I'm pretty much over the emotion of the previous night, and want SMC to make a good showing, but that's about the extent of it.

One tidbit I heard about Nolan Ryan yesterday, and it bodes well for the future of the Rangers: he never fraternized with opposing players...they were the enemy.

Sorry Reno, but I've been away from the Bay Area too long. My wife and kids are all Texas natives, so it's natural that I follow the local teams.

BTW, I took my 8 YO to the most recent DFW alumni get together, introducing him as "GU, class of 2024". As we sat down, he said "Dad, I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I want to go to UT Austin." :lmao:

The kid's off to a good start. He kept his streak alive, garnering a "Student of the Month" award in his second grade class. Before school started last year, he expressed to me that was one of his goals, as he had accomplished a similar feat in both kindergarten and first grade.

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-10-2010, 02:44 AM

I agree. He can be obnoxious, opinionated, animated, and downright mean. So what? That makes him a taller, slower Charles Barkley - and I always loved Barkley, too.

I have really enjoyed the St. Mary's games for the past four years. Samhan is a great personality that brings a lot of energy to the games. There is no opponent on next year's schedule that we will enjoy watching as much as him.

Good luck to the Gaels in the tourney.

bigblahla
03-10-2010, 05:38 AM
The best thing about Omar is he's gone.

Look for the Gaels to finish out of the top two next year possibly as low as fourth. The problem is unless we get a point guard (agree with Jazz whole heartedly on this point) we might join them.

LMU and USF will have something to say about it.

Go!! Zags!!!

voiceinthewilderness
03-10-2010, 06:17 AM
they were interviewing coach bennet on knbr 680 when samhan called in - when asked if he flipped sacre off to earn the T, he responded by saying: "no, no, nothing like that, i just told him that mark few and i had dinner reservations tonight to celebrate the victory and wanted to know if i should reserve a seat for him as well"

I think this is actually very funny. Of course that is not what he said, but it's a great line.

Samhan is the kind of guy who if he is on your team, you love him. If not, you despise him. Maybe not shaking hands before the game was intentional, as he said about the T. Heck, nothing else had worked this year against the Zags, but it looks like being an SOB did, and that doesn't bother me. The emotional and psychological parts of the game are often more importantant in the outcome as the physical. He said he wanted to send a message, and in the end, it was delivered.

titopoet
03-10-2010, 06:29 AM
How you create Omar.

Start with Charles Barkley.Add a few inches and a lot of weight. Remove 70% talent and 80% cleverness.

Then smile at:

Omar Samhan - "The Trailer Park Barkley" He scores, he rebounds, he sits on the bench in the NBA D league.

TwoCatsOne
03-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Egomania is an obsessive preoccupation with one's self
[1] and applies to someone who follows their own ungoverned impulses and is possessed by delusions of personal greatness and feels a lack of appreciation.
[2] See: Samhan.

The best thing we can do is ignore him. He has only one more organized game on the North American continent, and then he will fade away to some remote corner of the world Ė never to be heard from again.

gaelsfan
03-10-2010, 07:20 AM
Does the greater population of this board realize that with this thread Omar wins again? He LOVES LOVES LOVES that you guys hate him. The "It's all about the G" t-shirts that the Gaels were wearing were designed by Omar. Perhaps you noticed the team flipping the bottom up the shirt to reveal writing on the inside. (a poster in another thread mentioned that Omar did this when said zag fan heckled Omar about getting the technical). On the inside the shirt says "Keep Hatin' "
Omar wants this. Every time a bitter Zags fan posts how much they hate Omar, he wins a little bit more. I am telling you, he should save this thread for his scrap book, because the beast feasts on this! So keep posting, and keep hatin' becuase I want Omar to continue to get the joy!!

I got one word for all you guys. .

He is a BEAST!

And he is our beast .. and we love him!

Go Gaels and Keep Hatin'!

beatsc
03-10-2010, 07:27 AM
Guess I'll step in front of this bus ... I don't mind the guy. Actually, he's fun to hate and you have to admit, we'll miss him next year. Quotes like the one below are pretty funny - he's not being inappropriate or mean spirited. He loves his team and talks some trash ... nothing new. I think we'd really hate him if he beat us, but how many times did that happen?

PS, why all the sour grapes on this board? All this "one and done" talk. Look, we lost, get over it and all this BS about conspiracies with the Refs wanting two WCC teams in, etc, makes all of us look like clowns. I hope SMC does well in the Tourney, we need this rivalry in the WCC.

Great post!

I met a lot of great zag fans at the orleans. We traded stories, blew heat at each other and ended up buying each other drinks. I made a lot of new friends from the north.

With that in mind, I don't see the value of this thread. I dont see what this thread has to do with a bunch of kids playing hoop for their schools. If this were the NBA, I would understand. I hate the lakers.

Nevtelen
03-10-2010, 07:50 AM

Agreed. We lost. It sucked. We should get over it. Without a SMC win now and again, especially an emotional one like the championship, we don't have a rivalry. SMC is a very good team and it's great that we have a rivalry with them; otherwise the WCC schedule would be REALLY boring many years. I wish SMC the best of luck in the tourney; I'd love to see them in the Sweet 16, though I'm not holding my breath.

As for Samhan, I agree with the view that if he were on our team, we'd love the guy. I get pretty pissed at him during games and probably yelled some not so nice things at the TV occasionally, but give me another beer and a couple of hours of 'decompression' and I'm over it.

Zagquette
03-10-2010, 09:31 AM
ESPN Blog: (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/5664/5664)

Saint Mary's star center Omar Samhan had already been labeled "The Most Hated Man in Spokane" before helping his team beat Gonzaga in the West Coast Conference tournament final.

During Monday's game, he played the villain again while picking up a technical foul for giving a slight shove to Robert Sacre during a break in the action, and the two exchanged words. Samhan the day after was happy to (jokingly) reveal what he told Sacre, who he's mixed it up with before:
"All I said was me and Coach B [Randy Bennett] are going for a victory dinner, and if he didnít have any dinner plans, he was more than welcome to come with us," Samhan told KNBR radio in San Francisco.

Yep, he's quotable, all right.

Bennett said later on in the interview that he did in fact let the team celebrate the night away at Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas before heading home to Moraga. He also said Samhan isn't perfect.
"Donít throw the baby out with the bath water is the expression for him," Bennett told KNBR. "Heís got it. Heís got a huge heart, heís emotional. Like any player, you want to have control of the emotions, and heís improved so much in that area from his freshman year until now."

Still, The Spokesman-Review (from Spokane, of course) is taking issue with the stunt Samhan pulled during pregame introductions when he left Zags guard Demetri Goodson hanging and "seemed to cross the line into poor sportsmanship."
It started with his refusal to take part in the customary hand shake with the opponent at center court. Demetri Goodson was introduced and headed to the center circle. Samhan was introduced and met his teammates near the free-throw line. He looked over and caught Coach Randy Bennettís eye, who quickly looked away. Samhan stayed put and glared either toward Goodson or the GU bench (couldnít tell from my angle) in a hackneyed move that youíve seen in every boxing press conference stare-down.

The big men on the Saint Mary's side of the bracket might want to take all of this into consideration. Who knows what Samhan has planned for his next act?

Glad that Samhan is finally getting national pub for his antics. I just disappointed that we gave him a chances for the national stage.

BlueVoodoo07
03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
he didnt shake the Zags hands after the game also. No class

titopoet
03-10-2010, 09:39 AM
So keep posting, and keep hatin' becuase I want Omar to continue to get the joy!!

I got one word for all you guys. .

He is a BEAST!

And he is our beast .. and we love him!

Go Gaels and Keep Hatin'!

How can you hate a buffoon. I have no hate for him and C-list Barkley act. I understand the burning jealousy of the Zags he has. He wants to be the top dog and in his career he is just 3-7 against the top dog, Zags. Throughout his career he has watched the Zags go to the dance and then to sweet sixteen. It must be just eat him inside.

He must know his NBA dreams are just that dreams and it must burn him.

He is not a beast; he is a bully but if he wants to believe himself a beast, then I don't begrudge anyone's delusions. He went out with a win against the team that has owned him through his career. Good for him. I just hope he focuses on doing damage in NCAAs for the sake of the WCC, though my fear is that he focused so much on beating the Zags that he will fall flat in the Dance. I hope not as the WCC needs SMC to do well.

BlueVoodoo07
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
No matter win or lose,,Ammo sucked it up like you should and would shake the teams hands, after the game. Omar just started jumping up and down at center court.

MDABE80
03-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Any press is good press...so they say. I wouldn't want this on my resume. National attention for being an ahole isn't exactly what his parents had in mind.

sonuvazag
03-10-2010, 09:57 AM
Any press is good press...so they say. I wouldn't want this on my resume. National attention for being an ahole isn't exactly what his parents had in mind.
Omar has parents? I had heard he was raised by wolves.:)

Colbyspapa
03-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Ammo was not a good guy lets be honest.

But nowhere near as bad as Samhan. I honestly hate him more than Big Ben aka the rapist. To this date if I know someone is a steelers' fan, my view of them goes down about 100, same for the red sox (unless they are a true local fan for the bosox, never for the steelers). Samhan is far more arrogant and a jerk that Big Ben. He will never play in the NBA, I hope he has a maligned and impoverished life after he comes back from some crappy european league where he does not get his pay check on time. Seriously wish sacre had decked him yesterday. Also wish KO would have tackled Jorden Paige yesterday ala that hit on Rambis in that Celtics lakers final. Trying to score extra points in the final ten seconds? Ridicoulous. Send his ass to the floor! Make a statement!

This could be the worst post I have ever read on this board. Gonzaga is not a place for these type of thoughts. Service to Men and Women... This is our University. This post is NOT our University and I feel sorry for the poster.

sullyzag66
03-10-2010, 10:02 AM
He didn't shake hands at introductions in the game against Portland the previous night, either.

gaelsfan
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
The fact is Samhan didn't determine the game. At best he was a distraction. He did exhibit the worst sportmanship of the tournament.

No matter win or lose,,Ammo sucked it up like you should and would shake the teams hands, after the game. Omar just started jumping up and down at center court.

I have nothing but respect for Gonzaga, in my admittedly short posting history on this site I think you will see that I have done nothing but respect for what gonzaga is done. But lets stop all the piousness just a little bit. a couple of points to make about the many comments similar to the two that I have quoted above.
Firstly, when Bouldin came out to receive his all tourny award Omar clearly when out of his way to walk over to him and shake his hand. Whether or not he shook hands immediately following the game I have no idea since I, like most Gaels fans, was on the court celebrating the biggest win in Gaels history. It is funny how many of you can point out how Gonzaga has dominated the Gaels in the same breadth that you get mad at omar for celebrating that he won!! This win was huge, should Omar have not jumped up and down at center court? But Omar went very far out of his way to shake Bouldin's hand when he was presented with his award. . which brings me to my next point. . .
Last year, when the Gaels got smoked in this same game the Gaels players sat in their seats and watched the celebration and the trophy presentation. The Gaels remained and watched!!! Now granted. . that was mandated by the WCC office, but we did it and the Zags either were not mandated (double standard?) or chose to ignore it!
But this year, when Gaels get the win the Zags are gone into the locker room. If you are going to ##### about sportsmanship. .can we hear a little #####ing about that? Frankly, I think it isn't a big deal that they went in the locker room. But those sportsmanship police that get mad at Omar for jumping up and down at center court after the biggest win of his career might want to aim those thoughtful eyes at Gonzaga for not displaying the same courtesy that the Gaels did just last year during the award ceremony.
In fact, for some odd reason, since Bouldin was not on the court yet. . they gave out the MVP award to mickey BEFORE Bouldin receive his all Tourny team award? Who has ever heard of that? Probably most on this board didn't realize that since many Zags fans left before the game was even over and very few watched the awards ceremony!
The more judging eyes on this page might think that Bouldin's lack of sportsmanship stole a little bit of mickeys thunder in that he wasn't announced last!!! I like Bouldin, a lot, so obviously this last statement is very tongue in cheek. . but if we are being so judgmental lets look in the mirror those who judge on all things sportsman like!

U Zig, I Zag
03-10-2010, 11:12 AM
This can be summed up pretty easy with a few generalizations (that are pretty accurate in my opinion).

* Ammo was intense and jawed on the floor, but he was courteous and passionate in both victory and defeat most of the time.

* Both Gael and Zag fanbases have a few loose cannons that are going to mouth off on either board. Oh well... not the end of the world and not representative of either group as a whole.

* SMC is pretty jacked that they finally got one and got a surefire ticket to dance. All kinds of reactions on both sides are expected and warranted. It's a good rivalry (finally?)

* GU may or may not have gone into the locker room too early or not come back out in time, SMC apparently followed protocol last year. I don't know what the protocol is BUT I seriously doubt Few and Co would have let some largescale dis go on. Probably confusion (frankly, we are really not sure what to do after losing the WCC Tourney champ game - we are new to that. Zing!)

* Nothing I know of Matt would make me think that he would personally disrespect another team/MM with some award who-got-whose first shenanigans. That's a reach to find something there.

* Samhan is not well liked around here for a TON of reasons and he keeps adding to them. We know he can play ball, fine. That seems to be the SMC defense of this guy... I really just wish some Gael fans would own up and leave a single line post, ' Yes, he is kind of a big tool at times. Sorry.'. Gaelers': We feel like we are taking crazy pills here! Do you not see how he acts? The radio call-in, Fb posts?? No gametime handshakes??? He!!, that is the one time you are SUPPOSE to be civil and he can't manage.

Alas, that is not going to happen and GU fans and Gael fans will just keep getting irate at one another, so maybe we should shut some of these threads down, mods?

gaelsfan
03-10-2010, 11:24 AM
* Samhan is not well liked around here for a TON of reasons and he keeps adding to them. We know he can play ball, fine. That seems to be the SMC defense of this guy... I really just wish some Gael fans would own up and leave a single line post, ' Yes, he is kind of a big tool at times. Sorry.'. Gaelers': We feel like we are taking crazy pills here! Do you not see how he acts? The radio call-in, Fb posts?? No gametime handshakes??? He!!, that is the one time you are SUPPOSE to be civil and he can't manage.

Ready for my defense of him? (and I am not being the least bit sarcastic when I say this though Zag fans will find this incomprehensible.) He is one of the greatest guys I have ever met, I would say that weather or not he was good at basketball. To know Omar is to love him.

lothar98zag
03-10-2010, 11:30 AM
Ready for my defense of him? (and I am not being the least bit sarcastic when I say this though Zag fans will find this incomprehensible.) He is one of the greatest guys I have ever met, I would say that weather or not he was good at basketball. To know Omar is to love him.
...and on that note - time to move on to other topics.