• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cggonzaga
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

Can't wait for the tournament to start

Just thought I'd say this as the board has seem to gone crazy. It was one loss people to an extremely desparate St. Mary's team that just wanted it more. They played a great game and we are a little beat up and tired. That's no excuse, it just is what it is. 9 days off before our next game couldn't come at a better time. This year's team has completely overachieved and expectations may have gotten a little too high throughout the season. That being said I could definitely see this team making a Sweet 16 or deeper run. No need to run down any coaches or players at this point. I'm not going to go berserck over a conference championship game against a team that got screwed last year and was going to do everything within their power to not let the committee screw them again.
  • rawkmandale
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

I agree 100%

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

The fellas have lost tournament championship games before and they'll lose some more in the future. C'est la vie. Law of averages. Trying to beat a good team, a desperate good team, three straight times in two months is one of the most difficult tasks in all of sports. Everything is fine.
      The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• SunDevilGolfZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

St. Mary's shot 68 % in the second half. They were unconscious. Who in the country would have beaten them down the stretch last night? I'm not too worried about it. We could lose in the first round or go to the Final Four. I won't be surprised either way. It's all good, especially in a rebuilding year.

Comment

• sonuvazag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

I have loved the tournament and filled out brackets since I was seven. I scratch my head and consider that Gonzaga is a fixture in this thing. That's awesome.
          Agent provocateur

Comment

• Ezag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Sure the reaction is crazy. You are not supposed to lose your final game by 20pts and show absolutely little growth in the past couple of months.

Bouldin has been solid for the most part and thank God Gray has been playing lights out this last half of conference play, but Elias has regressed, Meech is exactly the same as he was in November, Sacre played well last night but is not nearly the force he was averaging 17pts a game the first 6 games against arguably better teams, Manny showed remarkable growth but that won't matter this post season, Bol showed some growth but disappears when needed the most, Kelly O is a little better but lost playing time and is rusty, Will is much improved but will never be able to contribute much.

Comment

• bigblahla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Ezag View Post
              Sure the reaction is crazy. but Elias has regressed,
              2nd thread since stop back from Vegas.

That's about as stupid a comment as I have ever seen on this board. I'm a Zags fan(atic) I don't do Neg but if thats what you think you need to learn the game.

Go!! Zags !!!
              "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

Working...
              X