PDA

View Full Version : This year the break is a blessing not a curse

kclubfounder
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I can't ever remember a year where I was happy that we had to wait a minimum of 10 days to play our 1st tournament game following the WCC championship game. This year I am thrilled.

1) I think we have some guys who are tired.
2) I think we have some guys who have bumps and bruises and aches and pains who need some time to heal.
3) I think we need time to understand and come to grips with what happened in that St. Mary's game. St. Mary's was playing with desperation and anger. Every one of our players will say that they played hard. But they didn't play as hard as the St. Mary's players. They really couldn't. We simply did not have as much to play for as them. In the 2 games where both teams had the same motivation, we won. This will take some time for our guys to accept. Confidence is damn important. The break will give us time to rebuild our confidence.
4) For 10 days our guys will be reading about how they really aren't that good. That will piss them off. That will help.

There are probably quite a few more reasons. Add to the list if you please.

For the 1st time, I am thrilled we have 10 or 11 days to wait before the Big Dance gets started.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!

lothar98zag
03-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Agreed.

GU's only loss worse than last night happened to occur right before GU's longest break of the season. During that break, Matt recovered, the team got to hear/see everyone write them off after the national TV embarrassment, they had time to re-adjust their attitude and remind themselves what they need to do to play well together. They came back and played 5.5 games of what some might call their best stretch of ball all season.

One can only hope that history repeats itself...