PDA

View Full Version : Osweiler in The Warehouse this weekend

BobZag
05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Brock's Flathead HS team will be playing in a high school tournament held in The Warehouse (on Hanmilton, across from GU) this weekend.

He play Friday night at 9pm, on court 3, then play Saturday at 11:10am, on court 3. That is all pool play, then he'll play at 5:40pm, on court 3. Sunday probably at 10:05am, and if Flathead makes the championship game it will be at 1:20pm Sunday.

I'll be there to at least see one game. (Might have to tape the KY Derby) Hondo and his posse should make the scene as well. Stop by if you want to see the 2009 Zag.

BraveZag
05-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Brock is actually playing with some local Spokane talent not his Flathead team. Come on out.

BobZag
05-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Aww, that's better yet. I'll be there Saturday for the 11:10am game. Hope lots of Zag fans stop in.

Madcowz
05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
what local spokane talent is he playing with??? and it doesn't cost anything to get in does it?

LynetteG
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
(Might have to tape the KY Derby)

SACRILEDGE!!!!!!

BobZag
05-02-2007, 09:48 AM
SACRILEDGE!!!!!!

I know, but it's the only time that fits. Just don't be a sore loser when Nobiz wins. :)

Usually a couple bucks admission.

LynetteG
05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
I know, but it's the only time that fits. Just don't be a sore loser when Nobiz wins. :)

Usually a couple bucks admission.

I won't be a sore loser because HARD SPUN is going to win!!!!!!!! We can even invite the board to David's to witness you eating your words! :)

ZagManFan
05-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Come on BZ and Lynn. At least show your trifecta picks. Here are my trifecta picks in order.

Street Sense

Curlin

Any Given Saturday

I like Curlin and Street Sense's starting positions, but Any Given Saturday is wayyyy outside. Has to sprint out quick and stay with the lead pack to have a chance.

BobZag
05-03-2007, 10:20 AM
I won't be a sore loser because HARD SPUN is going to win!!!!!!!! We can even invite the board to David's to witness you eating your words! :)

Nobiz will destroy Hard Spun so bad, Hard Spun will need counseling and therapy. I'm gonna order the most expensive item on the menu since you'll be paying! :p

LynetteG
05-03-2007, 10:56 AM
Come on BZ and Lynn. At least show your trifecta picks. Here are my trifecta picks in order.

Street Sense

Curlin

Any Given Saturday

I like Curlin and Street Sense's starting positions, but Any Given Saturday is wayyyy outside. Has to sprint out quick and stay with the lead pack to have a chance.

Hard Spun, Street Sense, Scat Daddy.... book it!

Curlin is going to do the big bounce-a-roo!!!!

LynetteG
05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Nobiz will destroy Hard Spun so bad, Hard Spun will need counseling and therapy. I'm gonna order the most expensive item on the menu since you'll be paying! :p

you're the one who is going to need counseling :P

and you don't have to worry about me ordering the most expensive thing on the menu just to be spiteful... i'll be a lady about it!

BobZag
05-03-2007, 01:21 PM
you're the one who is going to need counseling :P

and you don't have to worry about me ordering the most expensive thing on the menu just to be spiteful... i'll be a lady about it!

Hard Spun will need binoculars to see how far ahead Nobiz is. Hah. Save up for your money and break out the Kleenex. No mercy. :boxing:

BraveZag
05-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Playing with Chase Ramey, Taylor Eglett, a couple mor kids from Northwest Christian not sure wher the other kids are from.

eastsideballer
05-04-2007, 08:48 AM
Dont forget about Aaron Dunn, he is playing......That kid is great to watch

pbriz
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
and updates on games so far?

4EVERaZAG
05-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Saw his game this morning his team won by three points. I tried to keep track of his stats in my head and unofficially I had him going for 26pts. 11rebs. 2assts. 1blk. 2stls. Brock was dominating in the post. The team they played was a perimeter oriented team and they simply could not stop him once he got the ball inside. He got fouled many times and finished most of the time despite the hard contact. His free throws simply weren't falling today, his mechanics were fine he just couldn't get them to drop. That shouldn't be a hard fix though. Altogether I was impressed with his play.

pbriz
05-05-2007, 01:46 PM
thanks 4ever good to see him putting up some big numbers even without the free throws dropping

Fonebone
05-05-2007, 03:28 PM
I was also there to watch Brock.

One thing that really stood out to me was that he was very quick underneath. He had a quick first step, was agile and quick. He put in all kinds of various layins - looked very comfortable with his moves off the glass. He knew where the basket was.

Another thing that I liked was that he was able to finish most of the time when he was fouled. He was bigger and stronger than the others, but there were some big kids almost his size.

There were several times that he got a rebound and took off down the court with the ball. He was able to handle it well enought to dribble down without looking out of place. He always passed off eventually.

There was a guy there who had coached Brock for three years I beleive - said that he had known him since he was seven and that he knew him very well. I asked them how they thougth that Brock felt about coming into a program that was so loaded with other talented players. The ex coach coach said that Brock was the kind of guy who would want to play on a team with the best talent, that he didn't think there would be any issue at all. He said that Brock had a great team attitude, that he was really smart, had good morals, and that he was a perfect fit for the Zags.

I was pretty impressed with the quaulity of play. I had never seen this type of team play before. Brocks team only won by about three points. Both teams had some excellent players. Arron Dunn - I beleive that is his name - a Freshman from Shadle park looked very good. Pretty big kid, handled the ball really well.

sittingon50
05-05-2007, 03:42 PM
Anyone know what time he plays tomorrow? Coming into town early & will have some time to kill as my son does Bloomsday & I await the Zag Baseball game. Thanks.

BobZag
05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Brock's Flathead HS team will be playing in a high school tournament held in The Warehouse (on Hanmilton, across from GU) this weekend.

He play Friday night at 9pm, on court 3, then play Saturday at 11:10am, on court 3. That is all pool play, then he'll play at 5:40pm, on court 3. Sunday probably at 10:05am, and if Flathead makes the championship game it will be at 1:20pm Sunday.

I'll be there to at least see one game. (Might have to tape the KY Derby) Hondo and his posse should make the scene as well. Stop by if you want to see the 2009 Zag.

Here you are, 50.

LynetteG
05-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Hard Spun will need binoculars to see how far ahead Nobiz is. Hah. Save up for your money and break out the Kleenex. No mercy. :boxing:

Sorry Bob

Hard Spun = 2nd
Nobiz Like Shobiz= 10th

BobZag
05-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Sorry Bob

Hard Spun = 2nd
Nobiz Like Shobiz= 10th

Can I blame the refs for this? :D

LynetteG
05-05-2007, 04:26 PM
is your name bob 'usf' zag, or what? lolllllllllll

nooooooooo

ZagManFan
05-05-2007, 07:55 PM
Come on BZ and Lynn. I get not cudos here? Just 1?;)

Street Sense

Curlin

Any Given Saturday

SOOOO dang close to the biggy again it hurts.

sittingon50
05-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Thanks BZ. Will try to catch him.

HillBillyZag
05-06-2007, 12:25 AM
As I was planning on attending the Zag vs LMU baseball game at 1:00 pm I decided to stop by and watch Brock Oswieler. I was very impressed. He is athletic for his size, and has that effortless stride that would make one think he was'nt going all out, but he most always ended up right in the thick of things. He moves without the ball, seems to have great court vision, and is an excellent passer. Played some tough "D" with several nice blocks, and although he spent most of the game in the low post, he displayed both a good jumper and some smooth inside moves. he follows his shots, gets good boarding position,does not shy away from contact and seems like a good leader, but does it more by example than the rah-rah thing. He was pretty much the whole shooting match for his team, btw they won about a five point game over a Portland area team that had some good outside shooters, but not much inside. There was another kid on Brocks team I liked whom I was told plays for L&C, He wore #34, and although he did not post big stats or shine in just one area, the lad did everything well and showed great court sense. He could be a keeper down the road. On the whole Oswieler was very polished for still being an underclassman and by the time he graduates he will be a load. Had a great time.!

23dpg
05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
There was another kid on Brocks team I liked whom I was told plays for L&C, He wore #34, and although he did not post big stats or shine in just one area, the lad did everything well and showed great court sense. He could be a keeper down the road.

Anyone know who this is?

sittingon50
05-06-2007, 06:58 PM
Interesting analysis HillBilly. Guess I took the same route as you; basketball then Zag Baseball (which turned out well also).

Saw the 10:05 game. 2 things today from Brock that were +; passing ability & strength down low.
My overall thought was that he lacked conditioning as he was the last one down court more times than I would have hoped. Granted, he was getting pounded, but he was also dishing it out & still his guy was beating him down. There were others just as strong as he but have no idea as to their relative ages. Plus it didn't look like he was always taking the toughest defensive match-up. Free throw % under 50 but they weren't ugly (think Zach Gourde), I just don't think he had his legs under him. I didn't see any blocks, Hillbilly & he didn't rebound outside of his area. The Pendo clone (6'6" redhead) on the opponents team did a better job rebounding.
I also thought he displayed good leadership, as you mentioned. Attempted to set screens & was by no means the focus of the offense. Pretty good with his off hand (left) around the basket. Very good handles for a 5 but a long way to go if he becomes a 3. Could run the floor well when he wanted to.
Passing was very good. Head was usually up.

Don't know if he was sick (didn't look like it) or tired (probably). Long way to go (was not dominant) but think he'll be a good one. Obviously has some things to work on but so does every Zag that has arrived. From every thing we have heard he has a good work ethic. I'm not sure I see SF skills but he has 2 more years of HS to improve.

23dpg
05-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Anyone know who this is?

bump

drbkp
05-07-2007, 10:11 AM
Taylor Eglet

23dpg
05-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Taylor Eglet

Sweet, that's my cuz. BTW he's also a great kid. I'm going to copy what you wrote and send it to his family.