PDA

View Full Version : Best matchup for GU in the Dance

OZZY
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
For those of you who have the time to review the bracketology (and are familiar with our potential opponents), who would be the best 1st round match up for us? If we where a 6 or a 7 as most seem to think now.....

rawkmandale
03-08-2010, 07:21 PM
Any of the "power conference" middlings coming in with a 9-7 record.

ZagMan in Philly
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Any of the "power conference" middlings coming in with a 9-7 record.

that would be arizona state...if they get in

SanDiegoZag
03-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I would take matchups with either Florida, Va Tech, Old Dominion or Cornell...

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Washington or Arizona State, I'd take a game vs. either of them in a heartbeat.

kyle dixon
03-08-2010, 07:40 PM
9 days rest. Regroup and get healthy to reload for March Madness. That is the best match-up for the Zags at this time in my opinion.

NYCZAG
03-08-2010, 07:42 PM
Any team that doesn't shoot the three well!-

El Voce
03-08-2010, 07:43 PM
For those of you who have the time to review the bracketology (and are familiar with our potential opponents), who would be the best 1st round match up for us? If we where a 6 or a 7 as most seem to think now.....

I really hope we play a BCS school. It kind of sucks some years (like last year) to be paired up with mid-majors. I would rather have a chance to beat some of the power conference teams. Let's play anyone, anywhere.

dpouley
03-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Any team that doesn't shoot the three well!-

ASU does, the Huskies don't.

adoptedzag
03-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Geriatric sisters of the poor state beauty college of southwest Alabama.

That would be the only team we can beat if we play in the dance like we did tonight. :)

Rbo
03-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Zags a 7 seed and UDub a 10 seed playing in Oklahoma City where Clay Bennett is in the front row mocking everyone in the state of Washington.

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Zags a 7 seed and UDub a 10 seed playing in Oklahoma City where Clay Bennett is in the front row mocking everyone in the state of Washington.:vomit-smiley-007:

Zag79
03-10-2010, 01:36 AM
agreed. barf.

Birddog
03-10-2010, 03:35 AM
Zags a 7 seed and UDub a 10 seed playing in Oklahoma City where Clay Bennett is in the front row mocking everyone in the state of Washington
Hey, I kinda like that scenario. Not sure why. How about the Thunder?, on their way to 50 wins. That Bennett guy must be some sort of idiot.

Therunner
03-10-2010, 05:32 AM
To be honest, any athletic, out-of-control, buck wild, fundamentally unsound BCS team(Fuskies come to mind here).

For some unbeknownst reason, we struggle more with the St. Mary's, Butler's, and Utah State's of the world compared to the the Mich St's, Cinncinati's, Wake Forest's and Georgetown's of the world.

Seems like the latter prefer to defend us man-to-man and rarely double our bigs in the post as much as the former teams mentioned. Gonzaga has just enough skill and athleticism to defend a Big-East type team, while also out-smarting them on the floor.

In addition, these teams aren't generally the most accurate 3pt shooters and probably not going to light us up from 3pt in the Tourney.

Lastly, on another note, if the Committee matches up all the non-bcs team in the 1st and 2nd rounds again, I'll be terribly dissappointed in the system. None of this Butler vs Gonzaga, GU vs Utah State, GU vs Xavier in the 1st Round. Takes the fun out of it. Give us(along with SMC, Butler, USU, Xavier, Siena, etc a shot to knock the other BCS teams off their pedestal.

willandi
03-10-2010, 05:45 AM
Zags a 7 seed and UDub a 10 seed playing in Oklahoma City where Clay Bennett is in the front row mocking everyone in the state of Washington.

Only if Bennett is duct taped to the chair, the chair bolted to the floor and a large sign declaring who his is is behind him. Both teams could ensure an errant pass, or two, were directed his way, with maybe a concerted effort to save the ball, i.e. jumping onto him in an effort to save it.

Maybe he should also be in a red bag so the damage isn't stopped too early.:D :D

lothar98zag
03-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Only if Bennett is duct taped to the chair, the chair bolted to the floor and a large sign declaring who his is is behind him. Both teams could ensure an errant pass, or two, were directed his way, with maybe a concerted effort to save the ball, i.e. jumping onto him in an effort to save it.

Maybe he should also be in a red bag so the damage isn't stopped too early.:D :D
And then after that we should make sure he walks past AzZag (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=27541) as he leaves the bldg...

surfmonkey89
03-10-2010, 02:04 PM
All I know is that if were to make a list of worst matchups, Marquette would be right there at the top.

BlueVoodoo07
03-10-2010, 04:55 PM
Best matchup would be any team that doesn't rely on the 3 ball for there offense

Saxon_zag
03-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey, I kinda like that scenario. Not sure why. How about the Thunder?, on their way to 50 wins. That Bennett guy must be some sort of idiot.

Not an idiot, just a slimy jerk. Stern was the idiot for allowing the move out of one of the nicest cities in the nation to the armpit of America..

Anyways i'd like a matchup with an ASU or a Notre Dame