PDA

View Full Version : Gottlieb on the Stakes for Tonight's Game

ZagNative
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Video from ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4975887): Gottlieb thinks St. Mary's is in the tourney unless they get blown out by Gonzaga. He also talks about the stakes for the Zags in a win tonight (i.e., seeding).

TexasZagFan
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Video from ESPN.com (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4975887): Gottlieb thinks St. Mary's is in the tourney unless they get blown out by Gonzaga. He also talks about the stakes for the Zags in a win tonight (i.e., seeding).

IMHO, Zags win tonight, they play the first weekend in Spokane. Lose, and they play elsewhere...potentially a long way from home.

The brass ring is waiting for them...they need to go and GRAB it!

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
IMHO, Zags win tonight, they play the first weekend in Spokane. Lose, and they play elsewhere...potentially a long way from home.

The brass ring is waiting for them...they need to go and GRAB it!

Spot on.

Zag4Hire
03-08-2010, 10:18 AM

Perhaps Terry Gannon can update tonight's audience that if GU wins the WCC they will move up to a #9 seed according to Lundardi's Bracketology. :lmao:
Speculation isn't worth the paper its printed on. GU needs to play tonight like they are a bubble team because St. Mary's wants to leave nothing to chance. As far as I am concerned, I don't see how they are in. Honestly, who did they beat that is even mentioned in the tourney or on the bubble? San Diego State?

007Zag
03-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I think the biggest reason that St. Mary's is seen as in is because of what happened last year. People really felt like the Gaels were jobbed in not getting the at-large, and analysts don't think the committee will do it to them again.

dpouley
03-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I think the biggest reason that St. Mary's is seen as in is because of what happened last year. People really felt like the Gaels were jobbed in not getting the at-large, and analysts don't think the committee will do it to them again.

I agree they were jobbed last year. But if that is why they get into the tournament this year that is CRAP.

Should UNC get an entry simply due to the fact that they won it all last year?

jim77
03-08-2010, 11:31 AM

Ageed.

They we're ripped off last year and their in nearly the same position.....keeep it close Gaels....and DANCE:)

jim77
03-08-2010, 11:33 AM
I agree they were jobbed last year. But if that is why they get into the tournament this year that is CRAP.

Should UNC get an entry simply due to the fact that they won it all last year?

Don't compare 5 losses to 13 or 14 losses...it ain't even close. I'd also like to see the Huskies dance too.

maynard g krebs
03-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Honestly, who did they beat that is even mentioned in the tourney or on the bubble? San Diego State?

Utah State, on the road. Far better road win than a certain bubble team who is frequently discussed here.

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2010, 12:28 PM
UW is playing well at the moment. But I can't watch them without wondering when the next time will be that the tires fall off, or another train wreck happens.

DPouley represents them well on this Board, but I just don't see any legtimate reasons for them to be in the Dance short of the automatic bid in the P-10 tournament.

I keep coming back to their play on the road---the Hec Ed syndrome. Has Romar not learned something from watching Few at work?

Romar is a good recruiter, but his evaluation of talent is suspect at times.

And I'll add again that I'm happy we got Steven Gray and the Huskies got Annoy Overton. Zags got the much better deal. Sorry DP.