PDA

View Full Version : Blocks

Once and Future Zag
03-08-2010, 06:36 AM
I haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere, but with 2 in the last game, Rob Sacre just moved into second place for the GU single season blocks list.

sittingon50
03-08-2010, 09:57 AM
Didn't realize he was in the territory. Nice job, Rob.

Once and Future Zag
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
He just keeps racking them up... and yes, very under the radar as far as how he's perceived.

Right now he's only behind Daye's soph season for the single season record - and has a pretty good chance of reaching the career record if he continues at about this pace - if he ups his rate at all, he's pretty much a lock for the career record.

Once and Future Zag
03-10-2010, 08:23 PM
With 3 more blocks Rob moves into 10th place for the all time GU Career record.

Very possible he'll get onto that list this year.

alaskazagnut
03-10-2010, 08:39 PM
But even Casey Calvary's records and intensity a force to be reckoned with. So if Rob moved into second, he passed Turiaf and now must pass Daye.

Wow.

rawkmandale
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Sweet. Rob could have a monster of a junior season, especially since he appears to be a good friend of Steven Gray, and that will be "their year" as senior/junior teammates/friends.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-10-2010, 08:44 PM
I thought he wasn't that great of a shot blocker at the beginning of the season, but now wow. The guy definitely is an incredible post defender, and he is not just getting helpside blocks, but blocks out of the post.

Once and Future Zag
03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
So if Rob moved into second, he passed Turiaf and now must pass Daye.

Yep - Rob's got 62, and Daye's record is 70, and #10 on the career list is Paul Rogers with 72.

If we make a run to the sweet 16, there's a good shot at that record as well - over his last 10 games he's averaged 2.8 per game - putting him right on track for 70 if that happens.

This is why I like digging into the numbers - it really surprised me that nobody else seemed to be noticing Sacre's historic (for a Zag) season in this regard.