PDA

View Full Version : do me a favor please!

dawgfather11
03-07-2010, 11:54 PM
and just win tomorrow, erase st mary's from the bubble and making it 1 less team I have to worry about, thanks in advance :)

caduceus
03-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Oh, we'll erase St. Mary's tomorrow, to boost our RPI and top 50 wins, and improve our résumé/seeding with a tournament championship.

I think St. Mary's are dancing regardless of the outcome.

UW's chances to make the dance (barring an unlikely tourney win) are as good as an annual GU-UW series in Key Arena, "...about the same as Bigfoot having my baby." ;)

http://imgur.com/xgiYs.jpg http://imgur.com/kgtyI.jpg

VaBeachZAG
03-08-2010, 05:16 AM
What's that old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words? In this case two pictures are worth a novel (a very very long novel).

kitzbuel
03-08-2010, 05:17 AM
If I were a Husky hoops fan I would not hang my hat on that SMC NCAA spot. Huskies need to be big fans of ODU and UTEP.

I think UW will be suffering some mid-major angst as it watches teams like Ole Miss, Miss St, South Fla and Seton Hall getting in based on the fact that they played in conferences that are perceived to be be tougher this year.

U Zig, I Zag
03-08-2010, 06:47 AM
The way things are playing out, I think UW gets in if they make it to the PAC10 tourney champ game.

kylasdad
03-08-2010, 06:56 AM
The silver lining of a zags loss!

ZagLawGrad
03-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Would like to see the Zags help the Dawgfather out. But beating SMC 3 times is not going to be easy. It just isn't. If the Zags get in foul trouble early again, hang on.

ZagManFan
03-08-2010, 09:14 AM
I would rather sleep on razor blades or be dragged by a horse down a road of thumbtacks than to help a Romar led team into the NCAA's. I bet Romar is a HUGE fan of a 96 team tourney.

gamagin
03-08-2010, 09:19 AM
The silver lining of a zags loss!

Thanks for a great laugh !

TexasZagFan
03-08-2010, 10:01 AM
If I were a Husky hoops fan I would not hang my hat on that SMC NCAA spot. Huskies need to be big fans of ODU and UTEP.

I think UW will be suffering some mid-major angst as it watches teams like Ole Miss, Miss St, South Fla and Seton Hall getting in based on the fact that they played in conferences that are perceived to be be tougher this year.

Kitz, UTEP's in unfamiliar territory after Memphis' recent dominance. I think they've got a 13 or 14 game winning streak, with a number of down-to-the-wire wins. They're ripe for an upset in their tournament.

Hope I'm wrong, of course, but not for the reason it would benefit UW. I'm with the other posters: UW needs to go far in their tournament.

zagfan08
03-08-2010, 10:41 AM
If UW beats Oregon State and Arizona State then they are likely in. That semifinal game between UW and ASU will likely be for the second, and final, PAC 10 berth into the NCAAs. Ideally OSU beats the Huskies and then beats ASU to keep them at a 1 bid league, but that's probably also as likely as Big Foot having Coach Few's baby.

I think a good showing gets SMC into the tournament, but they can't get blown out like last year. Hopefully it's a good game, resulting in a close GU win.

lothar98zag
03-08-2010, 10:53 AM
ramblings:

The bubble is so bad this year I'm wondering if reducing the 2010 field to 48 might be a the best thing...

If I wasn't a Zag fan and just a fan of good college hoops in general, I'd be cheering for every mid-major lock to lose in their tourney's so that the number of true bubble spots is as small as possible.

There are times every year when during ESPN's "blind" (& not-blind) resume comparison's where I say neither should go, but this year it seems every time I'm voting NO across the board. Maybe it's not the NCAA's that needs to be expanded - it's the NIT...

23dpg
03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
The way things are playing out, I think UW gets in if they make it to the PAC10 tourney champ game.

+1

The ASU-UW game, if it happens, will probably be a winner in game for the tourney.

dpouley
03-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Ideally OSU beats the Huskies and then beats ASU to keep them at a 1 bid league, but that's probably also as likely as Big Foot having Coach Few's baby.

Why is that ideal? What are your reasons for hating the Pac10?

kitzbuel
03-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Kitz, UTEP's in unfamiliar territory after Memphis' recent dominance. I think they've got a 13 or 14 game winning streak, with a number of down-to-the-wire wins. They're ripe for an upset in their tournament.

Hope I'm wrong, of course, but not for the reason it would benefit UW. I'm with the other posters: UW needs to go far in their tournament.

Of course, winning is always the best way to get into the tournament. But if, as a Husky fan, you have pinned your hopes on GU beating SMC your fate is not in your team's own hands and there are lots of other things that can trip up your hopes. Maybe they should just win.