PDA

View Full Version : GUnit of the Game - WCC Tourney Semifinal - LMU

kitzbuel
03-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Reno is in Vegas and most assuredly enjoying a viewing of the victory and WooHoo is probably making his way back from a link up with his band of mid-west Zag fans so I will pick up the slack. Pick your G-unit and explain why.

RenoZag
03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Harris for consistent play throughout.

Was it just me, or is Foster's FT shooting becoming contagious ?

BTW: Meech & Matt were mugged throughout; refs were horrible.

ZaggyStardust
03-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Steven was a true warrior! Can't remember his line 18, 7 & 6 or something! After being undercut and I guess bleeding fingers (according to the post game show). He is as tough as nails and our future leader! Great Job Steven

U Zig, I Zag
03-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Reno is in Vegas and most assuredly enjoying a viewing of the victory and WooHoo is probably making his way back from a link up with his band of mid-west Zag fans so I will pick up the slack. Pick your G-unit and explain why.

Gray, 6 boards and 6 assists if what they just said on TV is correct. Have to like that.

Manny's nose for the ball should have it's own GUnit. That guy finds that basketball like no other. It's crazy.

U Zig, I Zag
03-07-2010, 07:11 PM

The single handed thing was novel at first, considering he made those two awhile back - but really, just shoot the ball Will. Take two hands, it's a carnival game and you are trying to get your girl a stuffed bear. Embarrassing.

snebzag
03-07-2010, 07:12 PM
SG. Eighteen 6+6 I think. Manny was pumped on the glass, great job. Kong had some good minutes. Monday is Sandwich day.

misszigzag
03-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Steven Gray for just turning on the intensity across the board.

Manny Arop is such a force out there rebounding and I really appreciate that. The man has a way zooming in from nowhere and getting his hands on the ball.

Way to go Kong on giving us some solid minutes! Liked his Defense tonight.

FuManShoes
03-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Gray for the numbers and the toughness to get up and be effective after that nasty spill.

willandi
03-07-2010, 07:14 PM
Manny was great, Matty showed up, but it has to be Gray for points, assists and boards.

webspinnre
03-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Refs were consistently bad though. I can think of at least three times were we cleared fouled their guys and didn't get called.

Steven Gray for GUnit for me. Great defense, solid scoring, #2 rebounder I believe.

kitzbuel
03-07-2010, 07:15 PM

Gray was really the difference and my vote, but Manny's manic rebounding had to have absolutely frustrated LMU. Great work on his part in the basketball equivelent of hockey's digging the puck out of the corners.

billyberu
03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Steven came to play tonight. He gets POG.

gamagin
03-07-2010, 07:16 PM
but if I could I'd split it with Steven.

Manny WAS our best boarder that first half. And he and Meech had 10 of our 18 boards in that first half. Not sure what the score would have been without them doing the heavy lifting.

2wiceright
03-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Stevens stat line says it all 18pt, 6 reb., and "7" assists (these were the final stats released right after game ended). Add to that his always tenacious defense....

Zagatak
03-07-2010, 08:25 PM
My vote: Steven Gray all the way. That was top notch performance from Mr. Gray.

On the other hand, Manny and King Kong really stepped up off the bench and the little things they did helped pave the way for a W.

LMUZAG
03-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Voted for Steven as the difference maker, but I continue to be impressed with Arop as a gamer with a nose for the ball.

ZagLawGrad
03-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Steven for sure.

As far as Arop and Kong, it looked to me that thay got schooled in the second half under the basket. Showed some weak D IMO.

MickMick
03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Steven has been a real warrior down the stretch. He is gonna be the man next season.

Zagatak
03-07-2010, 09:00 PM
We need to figure out a nickname for Gray. He deserves one.

Reborn
03-07-2010, 09:21 PM
Steven was a true warrior! Can't remember his line 18, 7 & 6 or something! After being undercut and I guess bleeding fingers (according to the post game show). He is as tough as nails and our future leader! Great Job Steven

Perfectly put ZaggyStardust. it's great seeing you on here again. I've really missed you. Gray was a warrior. Bud Withers article on Gray is awesome. Everyone do yourself a favor and read it.

Birddog
03-08-2010, 04:02 AM
http://www.engr.udayton.edu/faculty/jloomis/ece563/notes/color/GrayScale/gray256.gif

gozagswoohoo
03-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Gray's line last night was pretty amazing...

Gray, all the way...at least thats what I say. My vote, don't try to sway! The Law, I will lay! Argue with me and I'll make you pay!! Gray plays the zag way, in two months it'll be May, I liked Marvin Gaye, (sittin on the dock o the bay), met a horse once that says Naaay, good luck to Arop and his x-ray...Like I say...I voted for Gray.

ZagNative
03-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Gray was The Terminator last night, held together with baling wire and twine, he just kept coming back.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_UkLNCxT74w4/S5UyswOkgcI/AAAAAAAARco/g47eW3imXbU/2010-03-07%20Steven%20Gray%20LMU%20WCC%20semi-2.jpg

One tough hombre!

jim77
03-08-2010, 11:38 AM
GRAY...toughness...scoring. Honorable mention: Arop and Meech for their hustle.