PDA

View Full Version : LMU game

23dpg
03-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I really have no idea what to think about this game.

Great defense and FT shooting in the first half. Not so much in the second.

Gray was outstanding. His passing was especially sharp. Harris stepped up when he was needed. Matt was a little off.

Usually I have no sympathy for Sacre and his fouls, but tonight it was wild. His most obvious foul wasn't called and at least three that were called weren't fouls.

And did Hart really play in both halves? In front of GG and KO?

Weird game.

MickMick
03-07-2010, 07:05 PM
Gibbs didn't look like he was suited up. Stomach flu again?

LMUZAG
03-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I agree with the rotation featuring Arop and Kong, but was a little confused with the rest of it. Good thing I do not coach! :)

gozags09
03-07-2010, 07:07 PM
KO didn't seem to be in good form tonight. Had trouble catching, and then hanging on to the ball. Good things from Manny and Bol tonight. A good win without Matt at his finest. The rest for several of the starters tonight should serve the team well tomorrow.

IronLions
03-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Great game zags. I was proud of my Lions but knew we need to play a perfect game to make it close. Good luck the rest of the way. See you next season.

Therunner
03-07-2010, 07:20 PM
The rotation was odd, yet it worked. Bouldin's play was a bit troubling as he had several TO's and sloppy passes that were very uncharacteristic of him. Matty B. didn't bring his A-game, but thank goodness Gray was ready to battle this game. I wish Sacre would just take it up strong and not settle for the hook shot or one-handed toss up. He consistently gets amazing position in the post and his teammates get him the ball only to have him take too much time and allow the defense to catch up. Most D1 post players would kill to get the position he does in the post, but he just needs to put up a layup or go for the foul. Unsure about GG not playing. Maybe he was too busy thinking about his next witty tweet or FB status update, he forgot to suit up?

gamagin
03-07-2010, 07:22 PM
KO didn't seem to be in good form tonight. Had trouble catching, and then hanging on to the ball. Good things from Manny and Bol tonight. A good win without Matt at his finest. The rest for several of the starters tonight should serve the team well tomorrow.

KO seems to have picked up the bad habit of lowering his arms with the ball in his hands and letting himself get picked. Like RS tends to do, too.

The second time that happened, KO went to the bench and stayed there. Few, I believe, had had it with him for the night. And apparently decided to see who else on the bench wanted to play.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-07-2010, 07:43 PM
It was enough to beat an LMU and get to the finals again (what consistency), but I was unimpressed that our two best players did not step it up tonight. I'm waiting for Elias Harris to come back strong, and hopefully Matt B gets it going. So were not peaking, but were not playing bad. I'm hoping tomorrow gives us more of a litmus test of how we will do in the tournament.

alldaye
03-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Gibbs didn't look like he was suited up. Stomach flu again?

Thats what I was wondering. Love Hart, but would rather have GJ or Grant

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-07-2010, 07:55 PM
He had to have been sick unless were playing the walks for lots of time in important minutes. Also, was super impressed by Gisto and King Kong, aka the sudanese swan song

LynetteG
03-07-2010, 08:23 PM
not sure if this had anything to do with it, LOL:

mattbouldin15 Just watched @doublegfor3 spill red gatorade on his white game shorts. really wish our superstar manager didn't have an extra pair. spazz!
about 5 hours ago via UberTwitter

kylasdad
03-07-2010, 08:35 PM
I for one am disgusted by the terrible play of Harris. I don't think I even want him back next year if all he can do is score 16 against a desperate and defensive minded Loyola Marymount. He should have had at least 30, just pathetic. Go back to Germany.

Reborn
03-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Wow! What a good game. Beating LMU by 15 is plenty good for me. I have no idea what some of you are expecting. Oh well! Way to go Zags. Keep it up tomorrow night. Defense was GREAT tonight. And really, really great in the first half when we were double teaming all over the court. We came out trapping and it caught them off guard. Great job by the coaches. We didn't need it the second half. LMU made a great run at the Zags (expected I think) and the Zags answered and closed the game off very nicely.

What I was tickeled pink about was the fact that we could play that well with so many guys in foul trouble. It was a very very great effort by our bench in that first half. Kong and Arop were awesome. And Kong hit a big 3 in the 2nd half too. The Zags have a great bench. Our bench outscored their's 19-2. And contrary to Mr Know it All Doug Gotlieb says, GU has much more than Matt, Steven and Elias. Gotlieb must have been napping during the game. And the other guy said Goodson was a "good shooter?" Wow!!! Meech played a LOT More tonight, and was more active on offense. He helped us a lot tonight I felt. Wasn't hit shot that stayed up there on the back iron and just sat there, really cool. I really got a good laugh out of that one. That is just so rare.

When Zags play D with fire (Fuego) and pass the ball (16 assists, 7 by Gray) they are pretty tough to beat.

sircreate
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I for one am disgusted by the terrible play of Harris. I don't think I even want him back next year if all he can do is score 16 against a desperate and defensive minded Loyola Marymount. He should have had at least 30, just pathetic. Go back to Germany.

Talk like that and he won't come back next year.. are you a spaz or something? LMU is a pretty damn good team, most of there losses occurred when they had alot of there guys out injured, heck they still have there main paint guy Gariby out for the season.. they'll be a top 3 pick next year for sure in the conference you can bank on it.

JPtheBeasta
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
Talk like that and he won't come back next year.. are you a spaz or something? LMU is a pretty damn good team, most of there losses occurred when they had alot of there guys out injured, heck they still have there main paint guy Gariby out for the season.. they'll be a top 3 pick next year for sure in the conference you can bank on it.

I think kylasdad should have used the sarcasm emoticon ;)

sittingon50
03-07-2010, 10:28 PM
"talk like that" how 'bout dropping the word spaz from your vocabulary, sir. Offensive.

webspinnre
03-07-2010, 10:48 PM

I'm hoping this is a joke.

sircreate
03-08-2010, 02:56 AM
I apologise for the spaz comment and I hope he was being sarcastic :p even tho Im a SMC fan I would hate to see Harris leave for the NBA after this season, he's too exciting of a player for me to want to leave the conference.

Same how I wish Patty and Austin had come back this season, just makes it more exciting when you have those explosive NBA calibre players in the league.

kylasdad
03-08-2010, 06:54 AM

Maybe a little sarcasm...or a lot. Ive never seen someone who is in a supposed "funk" get ripped so much. Just shows how good hes is.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Regular Season conference champions check
WCC Tourney Champs
Deep NCAA Tourney run

Way to go Zags...thus far you are on pace for accomplishing all you dreamed of this season. Steven Gray is peaking....as Coach Few said, this was one of the best performances by a Zag he has ever seen.

Your fans are in your corner
It's all about intensity and focus and courage from here on out. As the stage gets bigger, the opportunity for PTP'ers like Matt Bouldin and Elias Harris and Steven Gray to step up and make some March Magic is right there.

Reach out and grab it fellas and thanks for giving us such a great season.
To be continued......

jim77
03-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Congrats to LMU on a great season. The Lions clawed back to make it interesting....they are pretty physical for their size. Next year, look out for the Lions.

We looked pretty iffy at times in the 2nd half...the offense was just "off".....and LMU was a big part of the "OFF". We need to work on our screening during the break and not rely so much on our athletes. The defense was again pretty good. I thought Arop,Meech and Gray played pretty darn hard. Tough deal for Manny, that kid is a baller. I saw Big Will clear out some folks for a few shots....he needs to work on his conditioning during the break. He was pretty gassed when he came out. Matt had a tough night and LMU's defense was a major contributor...they got physical with him and it definately slowed him down. I expect other teams have noticed this and will also get physical with him in the dance. Our guys need to protect him by making themselves availiable by picking Matt's man....like WILL does. If you didn't notice, the offense doesn't flow very well when Matt is being worked over.....EVERYTIME up the court Matt's defender needs to be PICKED. EVERYTIME! When Matt gets room he will eat teams up....FREE MATT! Kelly O needs to expect passes when he's on the court......get those hands up big guy! We will need KO for a run even more now that Arop is injured. The other player we need to screen more for is ELIAS.....though I'm darn glad that fella can bomb 3's. All in all it wasn't pretty but it was a "W"...and thats what matters. I'm also glad we've got Bol cause if we do need a 1 on 1 play that guy is a chore to stop.....and can drain the 3's too.

Although a big game tonight..it is NOT a must win....no pressure Zags....we will be dancing either way. The Gaels will be playing for their lives. I'd love to see the Zags in Spokane AND I'd love to see the Gaels dance too! I'd be happy with a tough 1 point win with ST Mary's getting a bid.