• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagAddict
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

ESPN Post Game Comments

Gottlieb - "Gonzaga's top 3 definitely has it, but the rest of the team doesn't". I can't say I disagree with his comments. Bouldin, Harris, Gray... the rest of the team really needs to elevate their play to advance in the NCAA tourney.

Jay Williams - "Gonzaga has a lot of shooters... Goodson can really shoot the ball..." I disagree with a portion of this statement. Gonzaga has a couple good shooters (Bouldin, Gray, Kong), but they aren't a deadly team from the outside and Goodson has no outside shot. I don't think Jay really knows this Zag team...
  • LMUZAG
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Agreed, but

I think we have alot of shooters, but they do not yet have the green light. Few has his system, it works, and we will see who we have that can shoot it in the next couple years. But right now, we need to use our bigs, and if the zebras ever let them play, it will be a great tournament.
    Don't call it a comeback....

Comment

• U Zig, I Zag
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2009

i think those guys have watched a lot of ball today and are tired. honestly, these are not the things they would write about tomorrow if given the chance to dissect the game and look at the stats, etc.

Not that there was not any truth to what they brought up, but its not everything that is right or wrong with this team.

What I want to know is why Kelly doesn't play in these games... no matchups for him?

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Malastein
        I disagree. We saw more from Sacre tonight than Harris
        Sacre? He sat on the bench most of the night. Did you see the game Malestein? Sacre made one stupid foul after another. With him out of the game we really got killed on the boards. Sacre can play so stupid at times, and it scares me when he does.

The bench played great tonight, as did Gray (accept for his FT shooting). I hope Gray will be okay. Matt played rediculous again, for about the 4th game in a row. I think he is totally burned out. I felt that Few played him way to much all year long, and now you have Matt unable to have any fire. He is turning the ball over a lot, making stupid fouls and sitting, missing layup after layup. If he doesn't get his act together we AIN'T going to go too far at all. Matt really needs to have a serious talk with himself tonight. I don't know if we can beat St. Mary's with him playing like this. And we NEED to win tomorrow to get a good seed in Spokane. Come on Matty. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Therunner
          Zag for Life
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by ZagAddict View Post
          Gottlieb - "Gonzaga's big 3 definitely has it, but the rest of the team doesn't".
          OK. What does that mean exactly? Gottlieb up to his typical rhetoric; saying something with conviction, yet offering no explanation whatsoever. Besides, how many so-called BCS teams have a "Big 3" to speak of? Some teams only have a "Big 1" and a bunch of average players. If you ask me, at least we have a big 3, instead of a big 2, plus he's essentially saying Sacre/Goodson/Arop are useless and we know that isn't the case. I say Gottlieb's ego definitely has it, but the rest of his character clearly doesn't.

Comment

• MickMick
            Zag for Life
            • Apr 2007

Kong is heating up and playing defense. Arop is a terror on the boards. Gray is making plays on both ends.

Those must be the three that he was talking about.

On a further note, Goodson fill me with much anxiety. Get under control son.
            I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• BroncoZAG615
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Matt hasn't looked good since Gonzaga's loss to LMU. That's concern #1.

As for Gottlieb, he serves one purpose and that is to make leaping comments to make up for Jay Williams' refusal to say anything that shows an ounce of research. It's literally one of the worst tandems in broadcasting.

Comment

• Just A Zag
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2008

Jay Williams is right, Goodson really can shoot the ball
                D.F.T.B.A

Comment

• Zagatak
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                  Sacre? He sat on the bench most of the night. Did you see the game Malestein? Sacre made one stupid foul after another. With him out of the game we really got killed on the boards. Sacre can play so stupid at times, and it scares me when he does.

The bench played great tonight, as did Gray (accept for his FT shooting). I hope Gray will be okay. Matt played rediculous again, for about the 4th game in a row. I think he is totally burned out. I felt that Few played him way to much all year long, and now you have Matt unable to have any fire. He is turning the ball over a lot, making stupid fouls and sitting, missing layup after layup. If he doesn't get his act together we AIN'T going to go too far at all. Matt really needs to have a serious talk with himself tonight. I don't know if we can beat St. Mary's with him playing like this. And we NEED to win tomorrow to get a good seed in Spokane. Come on Matty. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
                  After tomorrow Matty will have a week and a half to rest up before tournament time. Push through tomorrow Matt, then you have a while until our next game! Let's take care of business tomorrow night and prepare for the Tourney!!!

GO ZAGS!!!

Comment

• WMS2GUBULLDOG

It is definitely Showing Jay Williams wasn't wearing a helmet during that crash

Meech a good shooter? Where the heck was he pulling that from? Look the kid can do some nice things but that was just a blatant mistake. He was just saying something to say something. Once again I do not trust the talking heads. Gottlieb as well, the big three? You mean the one and a half who showed up tonight (i'm counting harris as a half). Rob has improved his defense but once again this team showed me it plays to the level of its competition (barring dukies). Its a sign of not necessarily a mentally weak team, but a mentally immature team. Gray was the key to tonight's game and he is a tournament changing guy, so I'm glad he is stepping it up again. Also that marquette team in 03 only had three main guys, so lets hope that makes for good fortune.

Comment

• gum797
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Nov 2007

Gottlieb is an idiot

Of all the games to make that statement, he makes it about this game when Matt struggled for most of the game. Kong and Arop came in during the first half and not maintained the lead, but expanded it. When I listen to him, I just think of a bitter man. As for Jay Williams, I really think he just gets flustered in front of the camera and says things about one player which were really meant for another player. I agree this is a terrible duo for ESPN

Comment

• ZagHouse
                        Kennel Club
                        • Jan 2009

Doug's mic was not synced properly--the audio was off and it appeared to frazzle him. He couldn't spit out what he wanted to say. That being said, Jason's comment about Meech being a good shooter was a bit odd.

Comment

• MEZAG
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WMS2GUBULLDOG View Post
                          Once again I do not trust the talking heads. Gottlieb as well, the big three? You mean the one and a half who showed up tonight (i'm counting harris as a half). Rob has improved his defense but once again this team showed me it plays to the level of its competition (barring dukies). Its a sign of not necessarily a mentally weak team, but a mentally immature team. Gray was the key to tonight's game and he is a tournament changing guy, so I'm glad he is stepping it up again. Also that marquette team in 03 only had three main guys, so lets hope that makes for good fortune.
                          Credit LMU before you throw all out guys under the bus. We just basically won the WCC title game tonight. A full strength LMU is the best team in the WCC not named Gonzaga, and more athletically talented than we are. Matt was hounded tonight physically, very well defended.

Comment

• WMS2GUBULLDOG

More athletically talented?

Man you talking crazy smc and UP are way better than LMU, this year. As for athleticism, who on that team is a great athlete? I'll give you ashley, but after that who? Young aka ziggy? They are definitely not more athletic than us.

Comment

• ZagLawGrad
                              Zag for Life
                              • Nov 2008

There's some truth to what Gottlieb said.

After MB, SG and EH, there isn't a lot of certainty as to what you will get and from whom. I see little reliability and consistency out of the freshman right now.

Sacre is scary mediocre right now----we need to see the Maui Sacre as soon as tomorrow night.
                              "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Comment

Working...
                              X