PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Loyola Marymount game prediction

Reborn
03-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Gonzaga 82
LMU 69

This will be a very exciting game. Loyola Marymount really plays tough for three quarters of the game, but fades toward the end. Maybe they were a little tired. They sure played great against USF. Gonzaga knows that they're up against a very good team that could beat them if they are not ready. And knowing how good LMU is, really helps the Zags get mentally ready. They will be ready; and will play a very good basketball game. I think after the San Francisco game GU fans are coming to believe that LMU is a good team.

However, GU fans will be very pleased by how good Gonzaga plays. The look as ready as they have looked all year.

primal23
03-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Gu 81
Lmu 79

MDABE80
03-06-2010, 09:05 PM
GU 75 LMU 65
Defense!!!

billyberu
03-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I would have to think that Few threw all of his coaching acumen in coming up with a gameplan for LMU/USF after the brackets were announced. Clearly, Gonzaga has some matchup issues as well as some psychological when it comes to gearing up for LMU. They are a very capable basketball team, with good athletes and now they are at full strength. No such problems exist with either Portland or SMC. Throw all of your coaching eggs into the LMU basket.

Defense. It's this team's identity and when they embrace this they play well. If they come out and stop dribble penetration and kickouts to the shooters, they will win. If they don't and LMU is running on adrenaline then we will lose.

I agree that there needs to be some stepping on throats, so to speak when a lead is built. Stay within the flow of your offense and shutdown the Lions.

I'm going with the optimistic view. Gonzaga comes out en fuego and denies the Lions any opportunity to believe they can win this game.

Gonzaga 78
LMU 63

And it's not that close.

MickMick
03-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Viney will get his points. He reminds me a lot of the early season version of Klay Thompson (WSU). Indeed, if I were to pick from one of those two right now, I would opt for Viney.

Davis has the length and skill to kill you from 15'. I personally believe that LMU doesn't use him enough on the offensive end.

Teal is the penetrator. The Zag's bane. If he does nothing more than get Sacre in foul trouble early, he has more than served his purpose.

Then there is the stud named Ashley Hamilton. He is the difference for LMU. The team really came on when Hamilton got back in the groove. He was the missing piece of the puzzle for them. The best matchup on the floor may possibly be Harris/Hamilton.

Against USF, LMU hit 20 of 25 free throws to include hitting them late in a tight game when the pressure was on.

Conservatively speaking, this LMU team is easily as good or better than any 14-16 seed team you will see in the NCAA tournament.

Now after giving my due props to a very good LMU squad, I predict the Zags win by eight in a game that will be closer than the final score.

jim77
03-06-2010, 10:00 PM
hmmmmmm.

I'm not surprised LMU made it this far....they are a team on a mission.

So how does GU beat them? The same way that we will advance in the tourney....by NOT playing "one on one" ball on offense....our defense is fine. Why does "one on one" ball NOT work against LMU? Cause they got good athletes...just like (but not as good) Duke. If we set screens for Matt and have good movement /spacing on offense we will win....and theres nothing LMU or a lot of other teams can do about it. The BIG question is will we do it? Another factor may be fatique for LMU as they will be on their 3rd straight game. As much as I'd like to have LMU upset some folks in the dance....my loyalty is with GU. GU 82 LMU 75

The winner of this game will win the tourney championship.

Zagatak
03-06-2010, 10:01 PM
We will see all out D for 40 minutes (yes 40) and never back down. This will be one of our best games all-around all year.

Zags: 79
Lions:63

EngineerZag
03-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Interesting early and the Zags pull away in the second half.

Zags 77
LMU 66

MedZag
03-06-2010, 10:16 PM
LMU scares me. But I think 3 games in 3 days catches up with them.

MJ777
03-07-2010, 12:14 AM
Zags 84, LMU 78

SMC 77, UP 74

Go Zags!!

alaskazagnut
03-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Gonzaga 82 LMU 74

I heard Bobzags prediction is quite different though
LMU 165 Gonzaga 33

The gloom and doom clouds converge and the lightning strikes in the same place twice. They make 5 points for every one of ours. But we still barely get in the Tournament via the play in game, and we go on to win it all.

kitzbuel
03-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Zags 80
LMU 70

Once and Future Zag
03-07-2010, 07:15 AM
LMUs on a mission from god.

LMU 78
GU 75

Reborn
03-07-2010, 07:27 AM
I think we have a huge size advantage. Let's take advantage of it. How about us getting Hamilton in foul trouble. And let's get the ball inside to Harris. Who can guard HIM? I get tired of hearing all the talk about LMU. They are playing good. It's true. But are they really a legitimate NCAA Tournament team? They just lost recently, and by a fair margin, to Portland. They really don't have any really good road wins. GU beat them at home by 15.

GrizZAG
03-07-2010, 07:53 AM
[QUOTE=billyberu;546204]I would have to think that Few threw all of his coaching acumen in coming up with a gameplan for LMU/USF after the brackets were announced. Clearly, Gonzaga has some matchup issues as well as some psychological when it comes to gearing up for LMU. They are a very capable basketball team, with good athletes and now they are at full strength. No such problems exist with either Portland or SMC. Throw all of your coaching eggs into the LMU basket.

Defense. It's this team's identity and when they embrace this they play well. If they come out and stop dribble penetration and kickouts to the shooters, they will win. If they don't and LMU is running on adrenaline then we will lose.

I agree that there needs to be some stepping on throats, so to speak when a lead is built. Stay within the flow of your offense and shutdown the Lions.

I'm going with the optimistic view. Gonzaga comes out en fuego and denies the Lions any opportunity to believe they can win this game.

++1 Right on

Gray better have the 3D thing going and they better not let that 3 point shooter get open often from LMU. Sacre and Will are going to be a major factor.
Close game and very exciting...could go either way. Who hits the FT and makes the 3.....Wins
DEFENSE!!!

gamagin
03-07-2010, 08:00 AM
and confidence and growth. For e.g., I think it would be a big step if both RS & EH dial back their tendencies to take a swipe at an opponent (drawing a foul) versus blocking and positioning better and avoiding a foul or two.

We've watched Meech making better decisions, dishing and mostly driving or even shooting to keep the other guys honest. Steven needs to keep taking shots when presented and growing in confidence, while MB needs to keep doing all the things he does best.

All need to try and stay healthy in an environment against somewhat desparate foes whose careers will be over if they lose today.

We should beat this team by 15, but if we don't dominate and keep dominating, it could be scary close or even down to the wire.

LMU should be tired and we should run them out of the gym. I think even they might agree with me but I doubt they will cooperate.

Kiddwell
03-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Adrenalin keeps LMU close early. Third game in three days (plus Zags' relentlessness), however, wears them out.

Not as competitive as first two games.

Conference Champs: 85
Adrenalin Boys: 62

:]

webspinnre
03-07-2010, 10:43 AM
Its all about defensive intensity. If we play our A game on defense, it'll be a blow out. If we don't, anything's possible.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
This game won't even be close. Ashley hamilton does not even compare to Elias, E got bogged down in the double teams last time, need to find a way to feed him the ball off the high block. final score GU76-LMU56
Also does anyone else notice that Kevin Young looks likes ziggy from holes?

Scotto
03-07-2010, 11:24 AM
We're doomed.
LMU 78
Zags 71

MDABE80
03-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd like to see a well played consistent march toward some teamwork and a 10-15 pt win than play upon their allegedly "tired legs". Superior talent at GU. Who will show up...? Not sure. If it's the same team as last time, we're in trouble. On the other hand , if the Maui team shows up, we win by 10-20.

This is the time of the year when teams are fined tuned to manage most matchups or issues presented by the opponent. To me....this team is going the wrong direction....very inconsistent. If Few has figured out a way to get Rob and Elias going again, have the team make FT's consistently and play some tough defense, we win.....and look good doing it.

The next two days will dictate the NCAA Tournament performance. If we look like chumps, it'll be an early exit if we play some good teams. Last year, the first two games were with soft teams...then came UNC...and we folded. On the other hand, if this team plays to its potential , it has the talent to get to an E 8.....we'll have to see who comes to play hard. SOmetimes I think it's just a matter of someone getting angry enough to show a "take no prisoners" mentality and then get a buy in from the rest of the team. Elias had it and so did Rob. It's gone now...or at least nothing like it was.

Somebody's got to own the paint and be fierce. Might as well be Rob and Elias. It comes down to who will give some ground. LMU is motivated and won't just walk away. It's a turf battle we have to win. We get the paint and play defense, we win convincingly.

tinfoilzag
03-07-2010, 01:18 PM
LMUs on a mission from god.

LMU 78
GU 75

"Don't you blaspheme in here! Don't you blaspheme in here!"

Crazy
03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
shouldn't the game start now?

If yes could someone link, phillyzags justin channel?

23dpg
03-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Gonzaga 81
LMU 68

Game starts at 5:30 pst.

Kiddwell
03-07-2010, 01:55 PM
shouldn't the game start now?

If yes could someone link, phillyzags justin channel?

5:30 West Coast time

ESPN2

:]

Crazy
03-07-2010, 01:56 PM
i just recognize the failure, i put the wrong time zone into the converter(and want to delete my question) :)

So good luck "tonight", so that i could at least watch the final.

MDABE80
03-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I hope there's no gimmickerly..just go out and straight up beat the crap out of LMU. It's time our guys get back to form. Do what we do best. Go right at em...they cannot stop Rob or Elias. Too soft...our guys need to get tough again. Matt and Steve will score tons if LMU is busy with our big guys....Go right at em. Go Zags!!

rawkmandale
03-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Gonzaga 68, LMU 67 - tip in at the buzzer by Sacre following Bouldin miss.

billyberu
03-07-2010, 06:55 PM
I would have to think that Few threw all of his coaching acumen in coming up with a gameplan for LMU/USF after the brackets were announced. Clearly, Gonzaga has some matchup issues as well as some psychological when it comes to gearing up for LMU. They are a very capable basketball team, with good athletes and now they are at full strength. No such problems exist with either Portland or SMC. Throw all of your coaching eggs into the LMU basket.

Gonzaga 78
LMU 63

And it's not that close.

OK, it was a lot closer, but don't I win a free toaster or something for my devining abilities?