PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ernie Kent fired at Oregon

dpouley
03-06-2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.kval.com/news/local/86727857.html

ZagLawGrad
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
About 3 years too late. Now here comes the Few to Oregon discussion X 10.

VinnyZag
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
Well, I guess Few's gone then.

(joking)

dpouley
03-06-2010, 07:02 PM
About 3 years too late. Now here comes the Few to Oregon discussion X 10.

Yep and yep. Although I just don't see Few leaving...even for Oregon.

gamagin
03-06-2010, 07:03 PM
what a shock.

There's been a campaign underway in OR to get rid of him for, what, 3 years ? What is that one sportswriter going to do without him ? He has no other topic to milk. Uh oh, except the Few angle.

MickMick
03-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Oregon has the money and facilitys to think big. The AD will be under extreme pressure to land a name coach.

dpouley
03-06-2010, 07:07 PM
what a shock.

There's been a campaign underway in OR to get rid of him for, what, 3 years ? What is that one sportswriter going to do without him ? He has no other topic to milk. Uh oh, except the Few angle.

Canzano has been on fire lately, covering the mishaps of the Oregon Football team. But I am sure this will be one of his favorite topics over the next two months.

NEC26
03-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I wonder if they would take Saint Mary's coach again? I believe thats were Ernie was coaching before Oregon.

primal23
03-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Would be a good move for Oregon, not sure if it would be a good move for RB

CDC84
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Oregon has the money and facilities too think big.

According to Bud Withers, they absolutely won't pay the next b-ball coach more than the football coach is currently getting. That's not thinking too big.

ZagNative
03-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I just heard someone say on ESPN that Ernie Kent is denying that he's been fired.

dpouley
03-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I just heard someone say on ESPN that Ernie Kent is denying that he's been fired.

Honestly, that guy has must have nine lives...and I think he is on number four or five.

sittingon50
03-07-2010, 09:51 AM
That was Andy Katz, Native. Said Ernie had sent him a text.

I would think they would wait 'til after the Pac 10 Tourney to fire him, but who knows.

ZagNative
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
That was Andy Katz, Native. Said Ernie had sent him a text.Thanks. I was obviously not paying close attention, but the name made my ears perk up momentarily.

Ah, ESPN - the background music of my life come March.

dawgfather11
03-07-2010, 10:00 AM
man, I really want them to keep ernie, he is a horrible coach. I take great joy in UO being horrible :) If he does go, that will be a big time job for any coach including few. With a brand new bball arena opening next year and top of the line facilities not to mention pretty much unlimited funding via Nike. Having ties to Nike also makes it rediculously easy to recruit to UO as well. I would expect them to get a big name coach in there

MickMick
03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
man, I really want them to keep ernie, he is a horrible coach. I take great joy in UO being horrible :) If he does go, that will be a big time job for any coach including few. With a brand new bball arena opening next year and top of the line facilities not to mention pretty much unlimited funding via Nike. Having ties to Nike also makes it rediculously easy to recruit to UO as well. I would expect them to get a big name coach in there

I don't think he is that bad, but definitley not in the upper echelon of the Pac 10. People (not you) are seriously neglecting the impact of their facility upgrades. I personally believe they will be a huge recruiting tool. Even Ernie can get it done if you give him the horses.

DADoZAG
03-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Well, I guess Few's gone then.

(joking)

It seems to me that renewed talk about Few possibly leaving won't help recruiting. Most of us agree that it is a joke, but it might create enough of a question in the minds of a couple high level recruits.

A recruit that rings true, or has something like a chip, or maybe for one with the sky as the limit, just might hesitate enough for another program to get their commit.

It would be great of a certain coach at a certain program that the readers of this board live and breathe would just come out and squelch the talk right off the bat. Just a thought to consider, Mr. Few.

Go ZAGS!

Rangerzag
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
All those attractions for Oregon recruits add up to a massive dose of expectations for success from the next bball coach.