PDA

View Full Version : Pargo vs OJ Mayo

BobZag
04-30-2007, 05:02 PM
It almost happened. You'd think Tim Floyd would want to showcase prize recruit OJ Mayo and a stout team of Trojans by taking USC basketball out of the shadows of USC football and UCLA basketball for a day to be on ESPN Gameday. Maximum exposure.

Pargo vs Mayo. Wow.

But at the 11th hour, Floyd backed out. The Zags would've returned the game the next year in USC's new Galen Center.

zags422
04-30-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm gonna guess it's because they know they've only got one year to do anything, and they don't want to get embarrased at home. pansy's.

BobZag
04-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Nonetheless, it would've been a game any hoops fan would've loved to have watched. It would've taken a supreme effort for the Zags to beat USC. They will be real good, legit Pac-10 contenders.

Too bad.

CDC84
04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
USC doesn't have many opportunities to get on ESPN due to the FSN deal. This would have been a great opportunity for them to showcase their stars in prime time with Dicky V in the house and the whole works......

lothar98zag
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Or maybe Floyd's worried the team will be 0.500 when the time comes to play the GU game and the College Gameday specials will end up being 95% GU & 5% USC like it was when Stanford came to town.

Zag79
05-01-2007, 12:01 AM
i would love to see pargo and oj mayo head to head. throw in ira and youve got yourself one athletic showcase. speaking of SC, Floyd has done wonders for that program. its got a street ball feel to it but does wonders when trying to defend it.

GonzagaGurl08
05-01-2007, 12:03 AM
That would have been a great matchup. It's too bad USC is so concerned about getting thier @$$e$ kicked by GU a year down the line. It would have been great for our guys to be able to play against some real tough competition. It's USC's loss. :)

Zagquette
05-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Prediction:

OJ Mayo will cause USC to self-destruct.

They will never gel as a team and he will jet after one year.

peace

MickMick
05-01-2007, 07:36 AM
People at SC are still shocked over the top high school guard showing up on their doorstep. Like opening a door and seeing a baby with a note pinned on it.

SC looked very atheletic in their win against WSU in the Pac-10 tournament. That is when I thought they would make some noise in the big dance (which they did).

The Pac-10 is recruiting so well across the board, that Arizona is having some difficulty competing with same level of recruiting they have maintained throught the years. In other words, they are now typically predicted to finish as low as 4th or 5th. I can see the pressure building to "convince" Lute to retire. This is supposed to be the one job that Few cannot pass up.

LargeWilliam
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
More like Anna Nicole's baby; you know you might be fixing to be very rich but is it really going to be worth it?