PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Nick Johnson

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I ran into some stuff on this kid as I was surfing along and noticed he's got Gonzaga listed.

How seriously is GU looking at him?
I

Zagatak
03-06-2010, 06:21 PM
ESPN says were first on his list and they have him as the 5th best SG i believe (maybe PG?) in the nation.

d2zag
03-06-2010, 07:09 PM
2011 is just ridiculously loaded. Are you sure just because we are on top of all the schools on the ESPN page that we're "leading"?

Zagatak
03-06-2010, 07:53 PM
2011 is just ridiculously loaded. Are you sure just because we are on top of all the schools on the ESPN page that we're "leading"?

It obviously isnt alphabetical or else Arizona would be first and Wake Forest would be last and we would be second. My guess is it goes interest level, or what these insiders or experts have heard.

ZagNative
03-06-2010, 08:19 PM
I've followed Nick pretty closely for a while, and he's made it clear that he isn't close to coming up with a list, much less a favorite. I heard an online interview with him in December where he mentioned the Zags first in the list of schools that have recruited him, but I don't get the sense that he has them higher than anyone else. He has a long list of mostly BCS schools after him.

d2zag
03-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Maybe BZ could shine some light on this??

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Could you imagine if the Zags could get him and Gary Bell Jr.?

They'd have one of the best back courts in the nation!

Zagatak
03-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I've followed Nick pretty closely for a while, and he's made it clear that he isn't close to coming up with a list, much less a favorite. I heard an online interview with him in December where he mentioned the Zags first in the list of schools that have recruited him, but I don't get the sense that he has them higher than anyone else. He has a long list of mostly BCS schools after him.

Thanks for clearing that up ZN.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-07-2010, 11:17 AM
The kid plays for Findlay Prep, the best high school team in the nation. He starts somtimes, and comes off the bench sometimes behind Cory Joseph and Jabari Brown. All three of those kids are ESPN top50 for their respective classes. He plays on the Drew Gooden warriors along with another target of ours Wiltjer. Both of them mentioned Gonzaga as first last summer in an interview, but Johnson in my opinion is a lot less likely. The kid is way better than Gary Bell jr, and that is saying something since Gary Bell is amazing. Kid is borderline 5-star, his dad played at ASU and his uncle played for Pepperdine and than in the NBA. Kid wants to go home to Arizona and looks like a pac-10 guy so we shoudn't hold our breath. We are on the outside looking in, but pure speculation puts UA, than UCLA, ASU, and than us? Very long list and my guess is he does not come here.

810Suited
03-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Loved DJ