PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather play?

VinnyZag
03-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Loyola or USF? I'm gonna say LMU, because they had to play Friday and because I'd be happy if the Zags never had to face Dior Lowhorn again.

adoptedzag
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
I'd rather play USF, as when the beat us, USF had ALL the breaks going their way, when LMU beat us, they just flat out beat us. IMO, USF is a better matchup for us.

El Voce
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Definitely LMU. It would be their third game in three nights. Plus, they narrowly beat us at their place with the Zags shooting terribly. I would expect the Zags' shooting percentage to be much higher this time.

USF, on the other hand, just seems like a tough match up for us.

kyle dixon
03-06-2010, 11:18 AM
If the Zags can not put away a couple of 12-14 loss teams, their NCAA tourney life line is going to be short lived.

d2zag
03-06-2010, 11:39 AM
If the Zags can not put away a couple of 12-14 loss teams, their NCAA tourney life line is going to be short lived.

They are not "12-14 loss teams" when they're playing guys that have "Gonzaga" lettered across their jerseys.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Neither should be much of a concern considering we should have won at usf it one play didn't go our way at the very end. LMU is a much more talented team though, so I would not like to see them again.

B-hamZag
03-06-2010, 12:09 PM
USF, I was looking at the LMU team stats, very impressive considering how young they are. Next year watch out.....

MDABE80
03-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Depends on strategy to get this team further. LMU is easier but USF has beat this team 3 of the 4 halves they've
played with us. Time for us man up...beat them and beat em bad. We need that. We need our former tough guys need to be "tough" again. I'd like to see that.
If we can't beat USF convincingly, we "got no game"....we won't till next year.

jazzdelmar
03-06-2010, 12:27 PM
i never thought i'd see this, some GU fans sweating a semi agst dble digit loss teams that are far from world beaters...kinda revealing.......what happens if GU gets to the finals: hysterics abt facing mighty SMC or UP? five minutes ago, it seems, this team was a potential 3 seed, and a FF candidate with NBA level talent.

Once and Future Zag
03-06-2010, 12:43 PM
I'll take USF any day.

LMU - when healthy - are a vastly better team than their overall record would indicate.

maineblackbear
03-06-2010, 12:54 PM
hey, jazz--don't judge the entirety of Zag nation because of the contributions of some nervous nellies. I think even those of us cognizant of the matchup difficulties and our WCC losses recognize that GU is much much much better talent wise than either LMU or USF (and hey, Pepperdine gave us a scare) and only a combination of laze, poor shooting nights, bad free throw shooting and a hot hand for opponent equals a loss.

I don't mean to speak for others, but regardless of who we would like to play or the various matchups, I will be shocked, SHOCKED, if we lose to anyone on Sunday. We are also (depth wise) much much better than either UP or SMC. Again, another shock if we lose Monday.

However, and its a big one-- conference games are different than OOC games-- everyone knows each other too well. Its like a family--sure, you are fighting with your sister--but only YOU know the right buttons to push.

So, we are better. We might lose (doubt it)-- but this would not affect the simple facts that we are better, have more depth, and our sole weakness is that the whole roster has not felt the pressure of the NEED to win.

mbb

primal23
03-06-2010, 06:28 PM
LMU because of the 3rd game in 3 days. If its USF it darn well could be a L

webspinnre
03-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I'll take LMU, again because of the 3 games thing. However, we'd better be able to get up for a game against either and take them down.

primal23
03-06-2010, 07:07 PM
i never thought i'd see this, some GU fans sweating a semi agst dble digit loss teams that are far from world beaters...kinda revealing.......what happens if GU gets to the finals: hysterics abt facing mighty SMC or UP? five minutes ago, it seems, this team was a potential 3 seed, and a FF candidate with NBA level talent.

No one can win w/ you can they? j/k:lmao:

willandi
03-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Looks like its LMU!!! Go Zags!!!