PDA

View Full Version : 2010 UConn Recruit decommits.

HillBillyZag
03-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Listed by Scouts as a three star recruit and the #40 PF in the Country, Cleveland Melvin, a 6'7" 190lb Senior at Notre Dame Prep, Fitchburg MA has pulled back from his Nov 2009 Commit to Jim Calhoun & UConn. His strong points are his athleticism, explosiveness and his ability to finish. No mention of the reason for his change of heart but if the Zags could steal a Northeastern U.S. kid with Big East talent, it would be a great thing?

hooter73
03-05-2010, 07:09 AM
6'7 190 and hes that highly touted? Must REALLY be explosively athletic and able to finish... against smaller teams.

U Zig, I Zag
03-05-2010, 07:31 AM
6'7 190 and hes that highly touted? Must REALLY be explosively athletic and able to finish... against smaller teams.

Not saying they are even close - but thin isn't always bad.

Kevin Durant
Stacey Augmon (over 200lbs in the League but certainly under at UNLV)
Austin (not 'explosive' but thin and could play)
etc.

I am not surprised, he was always talented but Durant has really, really came on this year for OKC. That guy can score. His D has picked up to from what I understand.

hooter73
03-05-2010, 10:52 AM
the thing I like about a tall and skinny semi-athletic forward is the shotblocking. Daye could do a lot but his mis-matches on inbouding and ability to block shots were my favorite parts of his (collegite) game. Bigger/heavier guys seem to have a harder time learning the timing of shot blocking and just the speed of making a clean block.

WMS2GUBULLDOG
03-05-2010, 11:49 AM
I don't think we are in the market for him, most likely a lesser team from the Big East, that tweener style does not work very well in our system.

cbbfanatic
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
knowing absolutely nothing of the kid, and purely speculating, i'd guess he sees clearly that he is not uconn or big east material and is looking to trade down by decommitting... probably not looking to move up or make a lateral move.

my guess is that its this, or get pushed out in a couple years