PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings Update

Zagatak
03-04-2010, 05:04 PM
The Zags move down a spot to #18. No love from Bilas as he doesn't even put us in the top 25.

Top 5:
1. Syracuse
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Duke (Even after the loss to Maryland)
5. Ohio State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?season=2010&week=17&pollId=1

SunDevilGolfZag
03-04-2010, 05:09 PM
The Zags move down a spot to #18. No love from Bilas as he doesn't even put us in the top 25.

Top 5:
1. Syracuse
2. Kansas
3. Kentucky
4. Duke (Even after the loss to Maryland)
5. Ohio State

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/powerranking?season=2010&week=17&pollId=1

We'll be in the Dance no matter what BCS shills like Bilas think

mdZag23
03-04-2010, 06:15 PM
its cause he saw the Duke game!!!!!

Which I saw as well and don't know if i'd put us there....

Just A Zag
03-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Really Jay? Cornell is better than GU? Pulease

RockandRollJames
03-04-2010, 06:39 PM
Dangit! I was hoping to read up about the current play of Leon Powe!

Zagatak
03-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Dangit! I was hoping to read up about the current play of Leon Powe!

Haha! Woops, I messed up on that.

alaskazagnut
03-05-2010, 12:21 AM

I kinda understand why he left us out. (Don't read anymore if you are just going to bash me or make personal attacks) If Bilas is ranking us on the last 10 games rather than all our games I can see why he left us out. Bilas follows us and knows how good we are. But he also knows how we have been playing lately. Luckily, rankings should be based on the entire season because we haven't been playing like a top 25 team for the second half of the season. Too inconsistent. One game is real tight then the next one is sloppy. We went 14-2 (totally awesome) with a win over RPI 51 Memphis but losses to LMU (RPI 180) and USF (RPI 201). From an objective viewpoint it is borderline of top 25 caliber. We play good against strong teams. But we play less good against weaker teams. They will remember bad losses as much, or more, than good wins. Thats why bracketology likes good wins and bad losses (along with other stats) to determine who breaks the bubble.

I am stoked about the success this year, even though it doesn't sound like it most the time. I just want the Zags to win out. I think they can play even better than when they played in Maui, Oklahoma, Illinois and Memphis. I don't know why some take all my opinions as negative bashing. I mean them as positive hopeful reinforcement of my faith in their abilities and heart. Maybe too much and it sounds like I am always unhappy or complaining. My uncle died this week of prostate cancer that he fought for years. As a family we follow the Zags religiously. He/we really thought he would see a championship before he left. For some there is no next year, only now. I guess that is why I feel so strongly about opportunities lost.

But regardless!!! Mark Few finds (and gets) the most well rounded, smart, hard working, and skilled basketball players in the nation. IMO. That is why I believe they can win it all this year.