PDA

View Full Version : Zags in Spokane?

Coach O
03-03-2010, 08:52 PM
This may have been touched upon in a previous post, but what do the experts say about the seed the Zags must have to end up in Spokane for the first 2 games of the NCAA tourney?

Please direct me to the appropriate post if I missed it.

kitzbuel
03-04-2010, 02:27 AM
It has been discussed.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=27246

Do a search for bracketology. There is a thread with every week's release pretty much.

titopoet
03-04-2010, 05:47 AM
Being a fourth seed would put the Zags in Spokane. Beyond that, they could be placed in Spokane even as a lower seed say as a 5 - 10 seed (not saying that they would be a 10th seed, but going by the past.) The protected seeds are for the first round only and for the 1-4 seeds. Like Davidson a couple of years ago. They had an advantage of being close to home for their GU game even being a 10th seed. What many people forget is that the team that was 2 seed in the next round, Georgetown had a bigger beef. They had to play Davidson on what amounted to a home court, even though they were a 2 and Davidson was a 10.

GU could be a 6 or 7 and still play in Spokane, though being a 4 would be more likely.

B-hamZag
03-04-2010, 07:53 AM
They win the WCC tournament, four seed in Spokane.

webspinnre
03-04-2010, 11:58 AM
Since when are specific sites tied to specific seeds?

Schmitty
03-04-2010, 12:52 PM
4 seed or not, Zags arent playing in Spokane. No way NCAA puts them here. Yes, I know its happened in the past, but those were bigger cities, with multiple colleges located in these cities. Spokane is a one horse town, and the NCAA knows it. Way too much of an advantage to overlook.

But, I guess you never know now do you.?

NotoriousZ
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
4 seed or not, Zags arent playing in Spokane. No way NCAA puts them here. Yes, I know its happened in the past, but those were bigger cities, with multiple colleges located in these cities. Spokane is a one horse town, and the NCAA knows it. Way too much of an advantage to overlook.

But, I guess you never know now do you.?

4 seed = Spokane

I know. Even my one horse knows that much.

lothar98zag
03-04-2010, 02:29 PM
It would take an act of God for me to sell my San Jose first/second round tickets right now. That's about all I have to say about Spokane.

BobZag
03-04-2010, 02:35 PM
50/50 chance, that's all, and only IF the guys win the tourney in Vegas.