• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FuManShoes
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Was that Harris' last home game?

Of course we won't know for a few months but there is always that possibility that was the last the Kennel will see of Elias in the home whites. I hope it wasn't and he's said he has no intention of it being so, but plans change. Regardless, it was nice to see him dunk a few and get the aggression back. The Zags really feed off that and need a springy, hungry German come March Madness.

Was there any special salute to Austin last year in what turned out to be his final home game? Is that just not done unless you're a senior? Seems Adam probably got a special sendoff when it was known to all -- if unofficially -- that he was jetting. (or did he announce before the season ended?)
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few
  • FuManShoes
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

One star? Really? Jesus, tough crowd!
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• MBZags
      Professional Zag Fan
      • Feb 2007

No way.

Comment

• MedZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Magical 8 ball says... unlikely.
        Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
        You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by FuManShoes View Post
          One star? Really? Jesus, tough crowd!
          I didn't rate the thread, but:

Never yell "Fire!" in a crowded theatre.

(You might start a panic )
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Thomas_Sutpen
            Kennel Club
            • Feb 2007

Was there any special salute to Austin last year in what turned out to be his final home game? Is that just not done unless you're a senior? Seems Adam probably got a special sendoff when it was known to all -- if unofficially -- that he was jetting. (or did he announce before the season ended?)
            Both Adam and Austin announced they were going pro AFTER the season ended.

Senior send-offs are for seniors. Doing it for anyone else would just be silly.

Comment

• RockandRollJames
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2010

Absolutely not.

Comment

• Zagsker
                Zag for Life
                • Dec 2008

no way Harris leaves this year.

Even though the guy has thrown down some dominating performances...his game still needs more work before he is ready to start working on his NBA game.

1) The guy forces up a lot of shots
                2) the guy has one move under the rim from the post up
                3) he has one move in transition (excluding an oop)..the jump stop..go to the right
                4) he needs to work on his ability to take people off the dribble out on the perimeter

The game against Memphis gave us a glimpse of the type of athletes Harris will be going up against in the NBA..and from what I can remember he struggled at times...and that Memphis team has NBA athletes but not NBA players
                I am working on being a more all around square.

Comment

• alaskazagnut

I think

Harris is intelligent enough to see that going in the first round is not a given. I think he stays because Gonzaga is just THAT GOOD!!!

I think National championship talk will be more common next year after we make a deep run to the schools first final four. Harris will see how close to the NC we are and he will not want to leave just yet.

Comment

• CanadianZagFan
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Jul 2008

During the first third of the season I thought Harris would be a one and done for sure, regardless of what being said. I felt he would continue his climb up the draft boards and be a lock for top 10.

As the season progressed it became more clear to me that he does have a way to go towards becoming a more complete player. I see Harris back on the roster for his sophomore year making an even bigger impact and expanding his game.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                      • Feb 2007

He was a load for WCC teams the first go around. The second time around teams were starting to figure him out. If he improves his arsenal to make it more difficult for teams to game plan, he will be very tough.

Good news for the NCAA tournement, the Zags will likely be playing teams who haven't seen him (or Rob) before.
                      'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                      - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• bigblahla
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Of course we won't know for a few months but there is always that possibility that was the last the Kennel will see of Elias in the home whites. I hope it wasn't and he's said he has no intention of it being so, but plans change. Regardless, it was nice to see him dunk a few and get the aggression back. The Zags really feed off that and need a springy, hungry German come March Madness.

Uhhhhhh?

Go!! Zags!!!
                        "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Comment

• cjm720
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2007

No.

I think we should create a separate forum for NBA talk though.
                          Go Zags!!!

Comment

• webspinnre
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

If Elias leads us to the final four by dominating the competition, maybe he goes. Otherwise, he's back for another.
                            I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• CanadianZagFan
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                              No.

I think we should create a separate forum for NBA talk though.
                              Another forum? This is Gonzaga related as Harris leaving or staying affects the program.

Comment

Working...
                              X