PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call for Senior Night!

ID ZAGFAN
03-02-2010, 09:00 AM
We'll be there at the game tonight. Not sure of seats as we have to exchange our tickets for ones in the handicapped section. Look for a short lady with two pigtails in a red Gonzaga hoodie, who is jumping up and down. :p

Who else will be there?

ID ZAGFAN

Knotsolucky
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
We'll be there as well. I just can't believe the regular season is coming to an end already. Time flies when you're having fun I guess.

Why must you exchange your seats? I hope you're not injured.

ID ZAGFAN
03-02-2010, 09:17 AM
We'll be there as well. I just can't believe the regular season is coming to an end already. Time flies when you're having fun I guess.

Why must you exchange your seats? I hope you're not injured.

Not injured. I am due to have knee replacement surgery in April, so I don't do well with stairs. (Plus no-one would want to be trying to get to their seats in a hurry and be behind me. I am pretty slow on stairs. :( )

I always get accessible seats, to minimize the stress on knees and hips, but I bought these tickets from a private party, so have to exchange them.

ID ZAGFAN

Knotsolucky
03-02-2010, 09:24 AM
Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. Take care when jumping up and down.

EngineerZag
03-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I will be there along with the lovely wife.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
No hijack intended, but what time does all the hoopla start? I know tip off is at 6, but what time for senior-type stuff? Or is it all afterward?

Thanks!

Zagalicious
03-02-2010, 11:28 AM
My son and I'll be there...Section 103

MDABE80
03-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Just a fun game...these senior sendoffs. It really is sad/fun to see how each kid has grown through the years. Tributes to the Jesuit tradition and to the parents as well. We hate to see em go but this REALLy is the end of the line for most of our seniors. We salute you!!
Now win the WCC tournament and take us deeeeeeeeep.....deeeeeep..in the NCAA's. WIth the schizophrenic nature of this team, itll either be one and out or E8...who knows! I know what I'd like but I don't get a vote.

Everyone but Matt back next year....Will though....well..he'll be missed. He did a great rold playing job this year when he let the game come to him and didn't force it. All are kids grow...and get better. This Matty guy though...he's just a great kid and he's come so far.

ID ZAGFAN
03-02-2010, 11:41 AM
No hijack intended, but what time does all the hoopla start? I know tip off is at 6, but what time for senior-type stuff? Or is it all afterward?

Thanks!

Last year, the presentation of flowers to the parents came before the game--lasting about 15 minutes. We plan to be in our seats by about 5:15 so as not to miss anything.

At the half we managed to meet parents of three of the players by walking around on the main level outside. That was a lot of fun.

The speeches come after the game.

ID ZAGFAN

zag69
03-02-2010, 12:26 PM
My 95 year-old mom, a long-time Zag fan, will be at her first live game ever tonight. Look for the oldest lady there, she'll be the one with the ecstatic smile. Say hi if you get a chance to Mrs. Harrison.

hooter73
03-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Hooter plus Three will be there.

Oregon Zag
03-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Somebody please post some video of the senior speeches. They never show it after the game on FSN.

hooter73
03-02-2010, 09:00 PM
not much to hear; Coach Few said the fans/Kennel Club won the team some games this year, PMog thanked the fans, Will made a crack about Seniors and Coach Krause, Bouldin thanked his family. Short stuff.

ID ZAGFAN
03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Enjoyed the game, loved seeing the seniors and their families, and hearing the speeches. :)

Enjoyed seeing P-Maag and Will get more minutes--especially P-Maag's first basket of the year and a couple of stuffs by Will. :)

Enjoyed seeing a lot of the youngsters getting PT. Several times there were five freshmen on the floor. The people around us were saying "Wow, we're gonna be good next year!" And that's without seeing Sam play, and knowing who our freshman/newcomers will be. :)

And especially enjoyed buying a hat and standing in line with the rest of the "kiddies" :p to get the signatures of Coach Few and most of the players, including all of the seniors. Hope to get the other players' and coaches' signatures in Vegas.

It was a great night.

ID ZAGFAN

Zagineer
03-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Good for you, ID. Glad you enjoyed it. :)

See you in Vegas. :D

alaskazagnut
03-03-2010, 02:17 AM
in sec 112 for 5 games in a row now. My nose never quite bled but luckily all the seats in K2 are pretty good.