PDA

View Full Version : IPhone App for the GU Board?

tyra
03-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Anyone know who to write to or contact to encourage the development of an IPhone App for our beloved board? It would be so much easier when traveling. :)

U Zig, I Zag
03-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Anyone know who to write to or contact to encourage the development of an IPhone App for our beloved board? It would be so much easier when traveling. :)

I think it is more likely that there is a style sheet for the board that would make it show up on the iPhone better (this is VBulletin I think). That is the presentation layer that 'wraps' the content and formats it for the screen - minus a few things (iPhone's Safari browser, Android browser should handle it) it would work fine, but be scaled down to phone size.

Google brings up this, http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?108641-WAP-Pocket-PC-skin-Mobile-Alabama, but that's for the admins of this site to implement.

There are too many differences between forum types (even amongst the same family) that you would have to have a custom iPhone app. If you are thinking something like Facebook for iPhone - that would take a ton of work I think.

Thomas_Sutpen
03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
It looks great in safari. Just turn your phone sideways for a landscape display and zoom in a little.

gozagswoohoo
03-02-2010, 06:26 AM
How bout some type of iPhone app that converts all of the gametimes to whatever time zone the phone is currently in?

I will pay top dollar.

U Zig, I Zag
03-02-2010, 06:53 AM
How bout some type of iPhone app that converts all of the gametimes to whatever time zone the phone is currently in?

I will pay top dollar.

ESPN's App for iphone lets you pick teams, conferences, sports, add alerts, etc and it's free. It's location aware (I believe), so your next trip to Spokane will still show your fave teams accurately.

Pargo the Destroyer
03-02-2010, 06:56 AM

I will pay top dollar.

A top dollar wasted my friend, I dont think it will help, no?

tightface
03-02-2010, 07:56 AM
Yes, ZigZag is referring to ESPN ScoreCenter. It is free and a must have for sports lunatics such as myself.

Knotsolucky
03-02-2010, 09:18 AM
I have the ESPN ScoreCenter as well. Life is much better now. Great free app....