PDA

View Full Version : bracketology update

VinnyZag
03-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Still in Spokane, Lunardi says. Tougher matchups with this version, if you ask me. We would be the trendy 12-5 upset pick if this held up.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

ZagMan in Philly
03-01-2010, 08:43 AM
That is a long trip for Virginia Tech.

I like the seeding for the Zags at this website:
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/304736/20100301Bracket.html

Baylor is a very good team, so being in Spokane would be a big help.

75Zag
03-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Rematch vs Michigan State to get to Sweet 16? Ouch.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

MickMick
03-01-2010, 09:12 AM
Great.

UNC draw last year.

Syracuse draw this year.

This bracket sucks.

BobZag
03-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Ask Joe.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/31091

Noon PST.

NovaZag
03-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I don't mind the first round matchup. After that, it becomes significantly more challenging.

malmer7
03-01-2010, 10:06 AM
i do like the first round matchup a lot better than last week, much rather start off with siena than uconn. 2nd round would be interesting, but then again we did almost beat the spartans on their home floor so i think we'd have a good shot in spokane... but agree that syracuse... not so much

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-01-2010, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=VinnyZag;543742]Still in Spokane, Lunardi says. Tougher matchups with this version, if you ask me. We would be the trendy 12-5 upset pick if this held up.QUOTE]

The trendier upset pick might be UCONN over Butler. I can't see UCONN being a real underdog against anybody seeded above about the 3 line.

lothar98zag
03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
MSU - Maybe.

SYRACUSE - No way!
eh, whatever. To win it all a team needs to win 6 in a row vs good-to-great teams. The order doesn't matter.

U Zig, I Zag
03-01-2010, 11:26 AM
eh, whatever. To win it all a team needs to win 6 in a row vs good-to-great teams. The order doesn't matter.

+1

Getting Spokane is more important to help with the S16 push. What comes after (still game by game, I know) is what comes after.

My dream is to get Spokane, get the s16 and then bring on whomever. I don't care if it's KU, UK, Syu or whomever beat those teams in upsets. Anyone can lose and this team can play with anyone given the right circumstances.

lothar98zag
03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
+1

Getting Spokane is more important to help with the S16 push. What comes after (still game by game, I know) is what comes after.

My dream is to get Spokane, get the s16 and then bring on whomever. I don't care if it's KU, UK, Syu or whomever beat those teams in upsets. Anyone can lose and this team can play with anyone given the right circumstances.
Exactly! The lack of travel & everything that goes with it will more than make up for the added pressure of playing/winning locally.

edit - that avatar is throwing me off. so close to BZ's...

kclubfounder
03-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Lunardi is good about the teams that get in, but he kind of sucks about where they will be (and I agree that anyone would suck). But here is my big problem as a Zag fan.

There is NO FLIPPING WAY the Zags are playing in Spokane as a 5. The committee may be stupid in some ways, but they would NEVER have a 4 play a 5 in the 5's home town.

The only way you play close to home is if you are a 4 or better or a 10 or worse. If you are a 4 or better you are "protected" and you "deserve" the advantage over the 5. If you are a 10 or worse they don't worry about a 1-4 beating you. However, to be at home as a 10 or worse you better have dominated a small conference - league and tournament. They will never give a local game to a name school who lands a 10 or worse spot.

Bottom line, if the Zags are in Spokane with anything worse than a 4 seed I will eat my hat. And Lunardi should be smart enough to understand what I am saying.

kitzbuel
03-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Please see: http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/recaps/032108aad.html

SWZag
03-01-2010, 05:35 PM
Or the #4 seed in Spokane in the Midwest:

Bracketology eXtreme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related)

SWZag

Zag4Hire
03-01-2010, 05:42 PM
Still in Spokane, Lunardi says. Tougher matchups with this version, if you ask me. We would be the trendy 12-5 upset pick if this held up.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Really? This isn't the same Siena team from last year. And this isn't the same Michigan State team they saw in the beginning of the year. As long as they play in Spokane, that's all I ask. After that, your matchups are a crapshoot.

JohnOGU
03-01-2010, 06:03 PM
This bracket doesnt suck. Comparing Syaracuse to UNC of last year is just ridiculous. No team this year is even close to them. Maybe its because we've been playing down to the rest of the WCC (which we usually do), but we also play up against good teams (usually).

U Zig, I Zag
03-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Exactly! The lack of travel & everything that goes with it will more than make up for the added pressure of playing/winning locally.

I got an even hotter pick on my other computer - different angle, you guys won't be confused at all. ;)

FuManShoes
03-01-2010, 08:53 PM
You guys crack me up. They're all tough matchups! It's the frickin' Tourney! Name 60 teams in that bracket - maybe more - that couldn't beat the Zags on a given night. We lost to USF and LMU for Christ's sake!

U Zig, I Zag
03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
You guys crack me up. They're all tough matchups! It's the frickin' Tourney! Name 60 teams in that bracket - maybe more - that couldn't beat the Zags on a given night. We lost to USF and LMU for Christ's sake!

But LMU and USF WON'T be in the tourney - so we can stop worrying about them.

;)

U Zig, I Zag
03-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Or the #4 seed in Spokane in the Midwest:

Bracketology eXtreme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0&feature=related)

SWZag

Incredible site. Hadn't heard of them before. We've known each other for so long, why haven't you shared that with me before?

MDABE80
03-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Nice road...I wonder if we got to a 5 seed because of those 2 losses. If so...I wonder if we can hang onto a Spokane weekend. Don't mean to be a doom and gllomer but I'm not sure we'll be in SPokane with a 5. I suppose we'll know more if the Zags come alive and wipe out the WCC tournament teams. Given the malaise though....I think we get a 5 and it's elsewhere. Hope not but it feels like it to me.

team6
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
This bracket doesnt suck. Comparing Syaracuse to UNC of last year is just ridiculous. No team this year is even close to them. Maybe its because we've been playing down to the rest of the WCC (which we usually do), but we also play up against good teams (usually).

yeah the north carolina team that couldn't even win there conference tourney last year? had 4 losses? yeah they played great in the tourney but really outside of it they were really good, but weren't playin as good as the top 3 teams are playin now.... just my 2 cents

JohnOGU
03-02-2010, 01:01 AM
yeah the north carolina team that couldn't even win there conference tourney last year? had 4 losses? yeah they played great in the tourney but really outside of it they were really good, but weren't playin as good as the top 3 teams are playin now.... just my 2 cents

Yeah, that UNC team. Their starting five were that good. Not to mention their bench was that good too...

Zag79
03-02-2010, 02:42 AM

agreed. spokane would be the best home court in ncaa tournament history.
and yeah, i think its BZ at first too. :D

jim77
03-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Syracuse is a scary team....you can forget about the inside game. Then again Syracuse doesn't want GU either. We are the team that could give them fits cause we can torch a team from the outside. It makes you wonder why more teams don't play zone more.

jim77
03-02-2010, 11:33 AM
But LMU and USF WON'T be in the tourney - so we can stop worrying about them.

;)

Either of these teams could qualify for the dance, both are good. LMU could be the biggest sleeper in the country. Since LMU now has some folks back they will be a force to reckon with. Do Not understimate LMU or SF. If Lmu gets in and I repeat "IF", they would be a 15 or 16 seed most likely. It would be neat to see them draw a Duke or Syracuse...the lions are fearless.

lothar98zag
03-02-2010, 11:49 AM
http://bracketproject.50webs.com/matrix_2010.htm

Link shows a composite of a ton of the brackets on the web - GU a solid 6.

I'm guessing that would = San Jose...