PDA

View Full Version : Ten in a Row!

kitzbuel
02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
“It does feel a little different than the others,” said Bouldin, who tweaked his ankle with 5:25 remaining but didn’t miss any time after having his ankle re-taped during a timeout. “We didn’t know what the expectations were coming in (to the season). A lot of teams thought they had us, but we came out and got it done.”

Tasty Topping (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/feb/28/tasty-topping/)

Congrats to Mark Few and the Zags Men' Team!

gu03alum
02-28-2010, 10:28 AM
I was honestly very concerned about the team keeping the streak alive. I wasn't even sure if this team would be good enough to make it to the tournament either. Gonzaga had as much turnover as UNC and it's amazing to think that GU was able to reload better than them. I think Coach Few should get AP coach of the year not just WCC coach of the year for the job he and his staff has done getting this team ready to play.

ZagNative
02-28-2010, 10:33 AM
The ten consecutive wins are tied with UNLV for second on the consecutive conference titles, with UCLA (13 consecutive titles) within reach in the next few years. Pretty amazing.

bballbeachbum
02-28-2010, 10:36 AM
titled one back in reverence to the accomplishment last night...10 years in the making

what a string. lots of great players and great plays over the years that made this happen. it really speaks for itself, and the program. been a super blast following it, and as a nod to the coaches, things look as strong as ever, as exciting and inspiring to follow as it was when Casey tipped that ball in way back when

and now the fun really begins! what a great time of year, and a great time to be a Zag (or next best, a Zag fan :) )

what a ride!!!

Xin Loi 67
02-28-2010, 10:58 AM
is remarkable doing anything.

gamagin
02-28-2010, 11:05 AM
I was honestly very concerned about the team keeping the streak alive. I wasn't even sure if this team would be good enough to make it to the tournament either. Gonzaga had as much turnover as UNC and it's amazing to think that GU was able to reload better than them. I think Coach Few should get AP coach of the year not just WCC coach of the year for the job he and his staff has done getting this team ready to play.

Another for the ages.

GU69
02-28-2010, 11:49 AM
I was honestly very concerned about the team keeping the streak alive.

Me too.

With so much turnover, I didn't know what to expect from most of the players. I didn't even know how to pronounce the names of most of the guys last summer.

It's all in the coaching.

fedwayzag
02-28-2010, 02:57 PM
I was listening to sports radio last week. Cannot remember which CBB analyst said his COY of the year was Few. I was sure he would say Calapari or Boeheim.

IdahoZagFan
02-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Ten years of WCC Regular Season Championships! What an accomplishment! It is a tribute to outstanding coaching, talented and hard working players, and devoted fans.

Every year is a special experience (not yet done this year). We've loved the teams in the past - each in its own unique way - and we love the team this year.

It seems to us that Matt Bouldin really set the tone for the team this year (great leadership) and the coaches really did a fantastic job (great work).

We appreciate you and we just wanted to say "THANK YOU."

GO ZAGS!

ID ZAGFAN
02-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Ten years of WCC Regular Season Championships! What an accomplishment! It is a tribute to outstanding coaching, talented and hard working players, and devoted fans.

Every year is a special experience (not yet done this year). We've loved the teams in the past - each in its own unique way - and we love the team this year.

It seems to us that Matt Bouldin really set the tone for the team this year (great leadership) and the coaches really did a fantastic job (great work).

We appreciate you and we just wanted to say "THANK YOU."

GO ZAGS!

Agreed!

Thank you Zags!

:allhail:

We love you all!

ID ZAGFAN

El Voce
02-28-2010, 07:07 PM
Simply put, this is The Golden Age of Gonzaga Basketball.

Reborn
02-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Congrats to Mark Few and his staff: What a great job.
Special congrats to Matt Bouldin for a terrific Senior year. One hell of a leader this year. I'm just so impressed, and it isn't over. You're job isn't over just yet, Matty. There's a hell of a lot of work to do yet. So don't get resting on your laurels. :D

Congrats to all the Zags for a heck of a war in conference play. Coach Few's remarks in his last interview with Heyster summed it up for me. Conference championships are what it's all about. And ther're tough to get. I wish more fans realized that too.

But lets not rest guys. There's so much more to do. Sick 'em Zags.

MedZag
02-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Simply put, this is The Golden Age of Gonzaga Basketball.

Golden age of Rome lasted 45 years. Here's hoping we have something similar :D

bigblahla
03-01-2010, 05:50 AM
In todays D1 game no team should be able to win 10 conference titles in a row that makes it even more unfathomable when you look at what Coach, staff and all of our Zags past and present have been able to do.

Four team race in conference next year but it could be a banner OOC year for the WCC.

When the dust clears will the Zags still be king of the mountain?

Yep, until someone can knock us off and that is going to be a chore.

Go!! Zags!!!

TacomaZAG
03-01-2010, 10:07 AM
The only coach still ahead of Coach Few is a guy named Wooden. Pretty good company for the coach and the program.

Congratulations to Coach Few and the program, another reason to continue to be proud to be a Zag.

On a side note, I was down in San Diego this weekend and was driving through Mission Beach (I think, there are a lot of beach communties along Hwy. 1 in that area), and a sports bar was flying the Zag flag proudly out front. Any connection to the program????? Maybe just great fans, like the rest of us.

Go ZAGS