PDA

View Full Version : I'm watching the Cougs/Hussies game,

stevet75
02-27-2010, 06:47 PM
it is immediately after the Zags game.
What strikes me is how different the refs are. First off, I think the WCC refs are better than the PAC 10 refs. The one thing, I like, about the PAC 10 refs,is that they don't call every contact as a foul. However, they are not very consistant.

WCC officials - Bad
PAC 10 officials - Very bad.

Virginia Zags Fan
02-27-2010, 06:55 PM
The Cougs should have brought more money. They can't buy a basket. Ugly. Clay Thompson is frigid. Just tough.

The Huskies are getting easy baskets and look decent. They have had a lot of sloppy play, too.

BobZag
02-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Cougs look truly awful. My goodness.

d2zag
02-27-2010, 07:32 PM
How can they go from playing us incredibly tough to be one of the basement dwellers of the PAthetiC-10?

RockandRollJames
02-27-2010, 08:06 PM
How can they go from playing us incredibly tough to be one of the basement dwellers of the PAthetiC-10?

We played a very very sloppy first half with a ton of turnovers. It was more of us just playing bad.

dpouley
02-27-2010, 08:22 PM
it is immediately after the Zags game.
What strikes me is how different the refs are. First off, I think the WCC refs are better than the PAC 10 refs. The one thing, I like, about the PAC 10 refs,is that they don't call every contact as a foul. However, they are not very consistant.

WCC officials - Bad
PAC 10 officials - Very bad.

In most cases the WCC and Pac 10 are the same referees. Many interchange between the two leagues.

Coug Tracks
02-28-2010, 12:08 AM
How can they go from playing us incredibly tough to be one of the basement dwellers of the PAthetiC-10?Lots of soph's and freshmen. Thompson is really close to becoming a very good player. He needs to get stronger and some help. Along with Moore and Casto they have a good nucleus but they don't have enough to go up-and-down.

As you also saw in the Gonzaga game this team can fall into huge offensive droughts. This is a year of transition from a defensive oriented team to more of a running team. It's going to take time and some roster adjustments. Time will tell if it works.

seasontixholder
02-28-2010, 03:12 AM
The Cougs are short and are missing at least one muscle man, in addition to being young. Klay Thompson isn't physically mature enough to carry the burden that he was assigned.

Matt B. was ground down during the last few weeks; his performance waned through dings and too many minutes, but he fought through it. Thompson fared much worse; his legs were gone and his shot went away.

kitzbuel
02-28-2010, 10:01 AM
Cougs look truly awful. My goodness.
My thoughts for the portions I watched.

gu03alum
02-28-2010, 10:19 AM
After watching the Cougs play us so tough and a few of the other teams in the Pac 10 play poorly in the preseason I thought the Cougs had a real shot at winning the Pac 10.

Coug Tracks
02-28-2010, 10:47 AM
After watching the Cougs play us so tough and a few of the other teams in the Pac 10 play poorly in the preseason I thought the Cougs had a real shot at winning the Pac 10.The GU game was really a precursor of things to come for WSU this year. They have had big leads at half against GU (15), Stanford (20, 15 at half), and Cal (11 at half) only to allow teams back in. Of those 4 games they were only able to hold off Stanford at home winning by 2 points. They also get behind big like last nightís game against the UW and look absolutely horrible in doing so. As bad as WSU looked in the first half they were very good the first 10 minutes of the second half. WSU went on a 21-6 run to start the second half.

Thatís what can happen with a young team that hasnít built the mental or physical toughness you need even in what is a down Pac 10.

I hope for good things for you guys in the Tournament.