• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Opening Line for USF

Zags -17

Find and compare College Basketball odds, betting lines, totals, and point spreads for the 2023-24 College Basketball season & March Madness.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • MickMick
    Zag for Life
    • Apr 2007

I don't know if they win by 17. I would feel inclined to take that bet.

Having said that, I have to think the players have this one circled. I'm thinking USF will be seeing a different team this time around. Besides, Rob doesn't want to share the title with anyone
    I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• lothar98zag
      PostPadder General
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
      I'll be happy if GU is 16 short of the line, very happy if they match it, & extremely happy if they are 16 over the line.
      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• dim4sum
        Banned
        • Jun 2007

whatever the line...

Whatever the line, the Zags have two glaring weaknesses: poor rebounding by its interior and horrific free throw shooting.
        Against santa clara, the subs outrebounded the starting 5 by 26 to 17. Harris had three boards and Sacre an anemic two. Sacre has to be prepared to ruffle his feathers. Rebounding is gritty, intense work. His problem is this:
        is he going to come to play as the tough post man Rpbert Sacre or is he going to show up as his inept and clumsy alter ego Bobby Casual. The decision is yours Robert/ Bobby.

Comment

• ronh_pm
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
          Im not sure if the Zags were really good or SC was pretty bad last game so I have to take another run at the Zags not covering. SF does not win a lot of games but they do often cover and have beat the spread in thier last seven games.

Though I'm sure the Zags will want to run SF out of the gym to set the record straight, we should see a bit more bench tonight. SF covers better that 50% on the road while the Zags are now (with my money from SC long gone) one game over.

The line has moved to -18.5 and maybe I should have waited to try and grab another point or two but I will be AFK later and always like to have a little riding on these types of games to make them "more" interesting.

I was lucky to get a push on the over at 139 last game (unlucky that I didnt get the good line of 138.5) as SC wouldn't have put up 60 on my son's HS team with how they shot in the first half. I will try the over (143) again.

As I mentioned last post the Zags score well at home and I expect a bit of a run and gun game with the benches. Hopefully they will be able to finish.

Best of luck to all playing, especially the Zags!

Comment

• bartruff1
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
            I don't know if they win by 17. I would feel inclined to take that bet.

Having said that, I have to think the players have this one circled. I'm thinking USF will be seeing a different team this time around. Besides, Rob doesn't want to share the title with anyone
            Does that mean they are going to win easy and I can just sit back with my chips and dips and the rest of the house (including my dog) can relax and enjoy this beautiful sunny winter day ???
            Last edited by bartruff1; 02-27-2010, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Zag4Hire
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Opening Line

Like I have said time and time before, VegasInsider is not a genuine line. In no way are you going to get action based on their site. It would be similar to going, "Hey, I am going to by that stock at IPO at the opening share price." Not going to happen. Right now, the action at MGM is listed at -20. That is a ton. Some points:

*You know the Zags are thinking revenge.
              *Not a ton of motivation outside revenge since WCC is wrapped, they just don't want to lose.
              *Can't imagine a combination from previous meeting that would suggest a similar level of competition: Lowhorn shooting out of his mind from 3, helpful refs, etc.

That being said. I would avoid this one. It has backdoor cover written all over it.

Originally posted by ronh_pm View Post
              Im not sure if the Zags were really good or SC was pretty bad last game so I have to take another run at the Zags not covering. SF does not win a lot of games but they do often cover and have beat the spread in thier last seven games.
              Right including three double-digit spreads.
              IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Should be a 20 pt win. USF doesn't seem to have the horses outside of Lowhorn. So how 'd we get beat last time? For the same reasons we could get beat tonight despite being heavily favored. Depends on who shows up? ELias needs to get going again, Rob needs to get going again. Matt is key. Steven needs to continue his rhythm.
                Rebounding needs to be turned up and of course the FT's are pathetic. HS teams do this well or better.....rarely a national leader worth their salt. Crunch time is upon us.. Absent a superior point guard, those others need to come alive. With a deep but "iffy" and inconsistent bench, most of the load falls to the main 4 kids. Not be be circuitous in logic but if they play like they can...and someone or two someones from the bench ratchet up some strong play, Zags will be fine. If not...well... if not.........

Comment

• Rangerzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag4Hire View Post
                  Some points:
                  *You know the Zags are thinking revenge.
                  *Not a ton of motivation outside revenge since WCC is wrapped, they just don't want to lose.
                  *Can't imagine a combination from previous meeting that would suggest a similar level of competition: Lowhorn shooting out of his mind from 3, helpful refs, etc.
                  From the spokesman:

"The Bulldogs cut down no nets this night, understanding that they clinched but a tie and that “we don’t want to share it with anybody,” as Few put it. The WCC finale Saturday night is against San Francisco and Gonzaga owes the Dons one, so it’s best to have unfinished business all the way around."

They want sole possession. No sharing!

GoZags!!!!!!
                  "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
                  "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
                  I am monitoring the price of a donut

Comment

• gamagin
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

I'm looking forward to the matchups . .

from now on I'm hoping to see our guys take on their stars, reduce their output and generally dominate as a team.

Soon it will be one and done time and how quickly we adjust, break them down and force our will and game on the other guys, will determine how long we dance.
                    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• AzZag
                      Kennel Club
                      • Jun 2008

14.5 St Marys/LMU game...seems pretty steep no?

Comment

Working...
                      X