PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Keating Moment Tonight

ZagAddict
02-25-2010, 10:16 PM
It was in the 1st half immediately after Elias Harris threw down an ally-oop jam. Keating turned to the assistant on the bench beside him and began yelling at him about an inch from his face. Classic Keating move... totally out of control and unnecessary. I really don't think he has control of this team or coaching staff. It just totally saddens me when I think that a jerk like this replaced a great coach like Dick Davey :( Hopefully this is the end of seeing Keating in the Kennel as the SCU coach.

Zags_Fan1982
02-26-2010, 12:35 AM
I completely agree, the USF coach is an even bigger jerk.

gonzagulous
02-26-2010, 04:50 AM
Keating's a brash, firey coach.... I'm guessing Davey was pretty similar back in the 1800s when he was a third-year coach. I don't remember him exactly being the portrait of composure when he was on the bench.

And Keating sticking around Santa Clara is exactly what the WCC needs. None of the "bottom-feeder" programs can make any strides until there is consistency in their coaching staffs. Keating's got a hungry young squad and I'm excited to see what they'll accomplish in the next few years.

GUZagDenver
02-26-2010, 06:07 AM
Keating's a brash, firey coach.... I'm guessing Davey was pretty similar back in the 1800s when he was a third-year coach. I don't remember him exactly being the portrait of composure when he was on the bench.

And Keating sticking around Santa Clara is exactly what the WCC needs. None of the "bottom-feeder" programs can make any strides until there is consistency in their coaching staffs. Keating's got a hungry young squad and I'm excited to see what they'll accomplish in the next few years.

Really?? He is in his third year and that's the best he can find?? I don't care if he is young and fiery, that team is AWFUL!!!!! The almost got outscored by one player. I know they are young, but they don't have anyone who is even going to come close to making them a good team. Keating should be embarrassed. I'm not sure the WCC needs coaches who are throwing out teams like that on the court.

webspinnre
02-26-2010, 06:41 AM
SCU is missing their best player and is extremely young. This was their 'Duke' moment in some respects. They caught us on a night when they were cold, and our defense was on fire, and we blew them out. If they're going to fire him, it'd better be because they don't like his personality, not because of a rough year this year. However, if next year he doesn't show something, with those young guys maturing, then go ahead and can him.