PDA

View Full Version : The comment heard 'round the country...

Angelo Roncalli
02-25-2010, 09:19 PM
"Hey Keating, they should fire your a$$."

Perfect timing.

adoptedzag
02-25-2010, 09:39 PM
Was this a fan yelling it that got picked up on camera? I totally missed it.

U Zig, I Zag
02-26-2010, 06:53 AM
Was this a fan yelling it that got picked up on camera? I totally missed it.

Yup. Clear as day - it was this slight lull in the chatter and it just came out clear as day. I sort of felt embarrassed. It's funny, maybe true - but it sounded like an adult. Just comes across crass, to me.

MickMick
02-26-2010, 07:06 AM
I don't care for such comments by Zag fans.

Let SCU fans be the ones that do this.

Zagpower
02-26-2010, 07:07 AM
Maybe it was a SCU fan. There were a few in the crowd.:D

HOOTER
02-26-2010, 07:23 AM
I don't care for such comments by Zag fans.

Let SCU fans be the ones that do this.

That's just the sort of stuff fans say. All fans. Let's not get some sort of pollyannish delusion that Zag fans are somehow better than other fans. I thought it was funny myself. Besides, this probably pales in comparison to the stuff Few hears during conference games.

malmer7
02-26-2010, 07:25 AM
i heard this perfectly as well, SOOO funny, mostly because i was just talking to my wife about how much i disliked the guy. i don't think we've seen the extent of his coaching abilities yet (if he has them), but the guy is just a hot head and gets too wound up over little things - if you're always insanely upset, the refs are going to blow you off when it is actually warranted...

gozagswoohoo
02-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I missed this....since I was watching the game from bed at 1:30am and SWMBO made me have it on MUTE the whole game...

Did he hear them yell it you think?

primal23
02-26-2010, 07:36 AM
The comment I loved, 2nd half, right after SCU hits 2 FT's for their first 2 points of the 2nd half, a student yells "You got 17 now!" I laughed so hard I nearly woke my daughter. :lmao: :lmao:

seasontixholder
02-26-2010, 07:38 AM
During garbage time, they had three or four guys who resembled our worst guy off the bench, skillwise. How can you get better in practice with such lame practice partners? How can you not get better, real D-1 talent?

That is really a poor team, even with injury considered.

sittingon50
02-26-2010, 07:44 AM
About what time did this mensa moment occur? Will get to watch the replay tonight so want to be paying attention. Thanks.

MickMick
02-26-2010, 07:51 AM
That's just the sort of stuff fans say. All fans. Let's not get some sort of pollyannish delusion that Zag fans are somehow better than other fans. I thought it was funny myself. Besides, this probably pales in comparison to the stuff Few hears during conference games.

Ok.... I don't care to hear this from any fans.

As opposed to a comparison of SCU fans to Zag fans (how you interpreted it), my comment was intended more along the lines of this:

Keating's job status should be within the realm of Bronco fans....not Zag fans.

primal23
02-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Jeez people calm down, it's the fan's job to try and get into the head of opposing players & coaches. Didn't say anything out of line, sexist, racist, homophobic etc so whats the big deal? Damn I say worse things, or well I did before the baby, especially about KK.