PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch the "foul gray hard" comment?

J-Lo
02-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Paraphrase:

"It's to the point that Santa Clara might want to consider putting Gray on the floor. I'm not suggesting they foul Gray hard, don't hurt him, but they should give him a hard foul to take him out of his rhythm."

killerbootsman
02-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Paraphrase:

"It's to the point that Santa Clara might want to consider putting Gray on the floor. I'm not suggesting they foul Gray hard, don't hurt him, but they should give him a hard foul to take him out of his rhythm."

I thought it made sense.

U Zig, I Zag
02-25-2010, 08:41 PM
I thought it made sense.

I think he caught himself - the idea was correct, nothing a coach wouldn't say to a big. It caught me off guard though, yah.

Jedster
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
This guy is brutal.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Paraphrase:

For those who have played the game before, it sounds like a legit comment when a guy is having his way out there -- no intent to injure anyone. At least that's how I took it when I heard it.

GSL-KID
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
Just like in baseball when a hitter is seeing the ball well, a brush-back pitch usually gets him off the plate and breaks up his mojo.

Not a big deal.

webspinnre
02-26-2010, 06:44 AM
I understood the point he was making, but it sure was awkwardly made. For me, that's where I'd try to run him through a hard screen. Just to get some hard contact to possibly throw him off. Its not like Gray could've been any hotter than he already was.

Vizagra
02-26-2010, 08:47 AM
I have said the exact same thing MULTIPLE times as I have watched some goofy looking kid have the game of his life bombing 3's on the Zags. We've all seen it. The Zags never do it though. Ever.

You don't mean to hurt the kid, but let him know your there and perhaps throw off his stroke a bit.

BobZag
02-26-2010, 09:00 AM
Who said it?

U Zig, I Zag
02-26-2010, 09:03 AM
Who said it?

One of the two commentators started down that road and then sort of stumbled back out. Basically said to give Steven a meet'n greet in the lane since he was doing whatever he wanted out there.

s

CB4
02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
It's a valid point. And it's also something that guys GU players need to do more often when we get these guards going off on us.

bullzag23
02-26-2010, 09:46 AM
One of the two commentators started down that road and then sort of stumbled back out. Basically said to give Steven a meet'n greet in the lane since he was doing whatever he wanted out there.

s

Speaking of those commentators, did anyone else really miss Bardo last night?

americasteam
02-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Yes, Bardo has an exuberant personality. I like his descriptive comments.

DADoZAG
02-26-2010, 10:03 AM
It's a valid point. And it's also something that guys GU players need to do more often when we get these guards going off on us.

:)

...especially Sacre. Loved the foul on the drive by Samhan a few weeks back. Rob got the ball to avoid the intentional but also made absolutely sure there couldn't be a great play by Samhan by following up with the body.

The look on Samhan's face when he was getting up... :lmao:

Now, the play where "Bobbi" Sacre got posterized by..., was it Keon Bell? That just shouldn't happen. :(

There is a time to stop being a nice guy, something that Mr. Foster seems to have learned this year. Of course, by the way big Will sat down when pulled for the last time last night, perhaps he's taking it a bit too far.

But "Bobbi" will have this coming summer to absorb that part of Casey's mantra, and the resulting player, BIG ROB, will be fun to watch...

Go ZAGS!

mee755
02-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Yes, Bardo has an exuberant personality. I like his descriptive comments.

I missed him, too. The other guys were sleepers -- in fact, I fell asleep. Probably woulda stayed up to listen to Bardo entertainment night.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
These guys were heavily touting Samhan as the WCC POY over Bouldin -- I think not. If we win the league outright there is no way Samhan deserves it. They did also have Harris on their top 5 all league team; that makes perfect sense.

lothar98zag
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
These guys were heavily touting Samhan as the WCC POY over Bouldin -- I think not. If we win the league outright there is no way Samhan deserves it. They did also have Harris on their top 5 all league team; that makes perfect sense.
Can everyone here just assume Omar is winning the WCC POY award to prevent an epic board meltdown next Monday/Tuesday if that is indeed what happens?

SunDevilGolfZag
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM
No, an epic meltdown would be in order

webspinnre
02-26-2010, 06:53 PM

I don't buy the POY=best player from best team. Best player is best player. The only question is how to evaluate who the best player has been. I think those voting for Samhan would be perfectly reasonable in doing so. He's had a monster season.