PDA

View Full Version : So far...

FuManShoes
02-25-2010, 07:47 PM
... this is the Zags' best performance of the season. Sure, Santa Clara was overmatched coming in but the Zags are giving them nothing and executing to a T on offense after a few early turnovers. How many games has Gray staked us to huge leads? What a game.

Das Zagger
02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Santa Clara is terrible, I think Greece has a better long term outlook than the Broncos do.

LongIslandZagFan
02-25-2010, 07:58 PM
BTW... USD up on LMU... hope nobody took LMU tonight. The spread looks dicey right now.

Back to the thread... Gray and Bobby S.... holy crap what a night they are having.

surfmonkey89
02-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Santa Clara may be terrible, but that's never stopped us from playing like junk in the past.

Give the guys credit, they played great.

Now let's keep the pressure on.

zag67
02-25-2010, 09:37 PM
They were super on D. Did you notice that with 8:30 left, they had only scored 25 points. GREAT JOB.

Ziggy
02-25-2010, 09:50 PM
Great job all the way thru. Our "JV" matched their starters most of the last ten minutes of the game. A preview of the Zags in the next few years. Also, on the side, let's give Mike Hart, Andy Polings scholi for the remainder of the season. Just a thought.

cscz28
02-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Great job all the way thru. Our "JV" matched their starters most of the last ten minutes of the game. A preview of the Zags in the next few years. Also, on the side, let's give Mike Hart, Andy Polings scholi for the remainder of the season. Just a thought.

I was just wondering during the end of the game whether it was possible to split a scholarship between two players. Each player getting half of their tuition paid and so on.

Can anybody answer that for me?

cjm720
02-26-2010, 06:48 AM
They were super on D. Did you notice that with 8:30 left, they had only scored 25 points. GREAT JOB.

And Gray had 26! He scored more than the Broncos from the tip until about this point of the game. Not sure if I've ever seen that happen before.

Great game by all.

MickMick
02-26-2010, 07:07 AM
For me, their game against Wisconsin has to be the best performance of the year.

TexasZagFan
02-26-2010, 08:14 AM
For me, their game against Wisconsin has to be the best performance of the year.

My vote goes to either of the wins over SMC.

titopoet
02-26-2010, 08:17 AM

That was good, but the games coming up in the NCAAs, they will be the best.
Hope burns eternal

americasteam
02-26-2010, 08:22 AM
I was just wondering during the end of the game whether it was possible to split a scholarship between two players. Each player getting half of their tuition paid and so on.

Can anybody answer that for me?

I believe that basketball is a "head count" sport ie there are X number of scholarships and that's how many you can give out. Other sports, for instance, soccer, is an example of a sport that they can give out smaller amounts to more players.

seasontixholder
02-26-2010, 08:34 AM
This was the first game where the defense never had a lull until garbage time. It didn't stem from adrenaline or super hustle. Impressively, it was just great concentration and commitment. Probably, preparation, too.

I would add that next year's team will be even better still on defense. Better, older athletes in the starting 5.

I think that this '09 team could up its game overall if Few placed less importance on perfect offensive execution by his younger players, and stressed defensive hustle instead. I would put more emphasis on total defensive effort by the starters, and give them more rest, and tell the subs: sell out on defense. The philosophy of running the other team to exhaustion - and speeding up the game - with our offense limits this team's upside, imo.

gamagin
02-26-2010, 08:38 AM
as the reporter from the GU bulletin pointed out about SCU:

"Gonzaga exploited a youthful Broncos team that doesn’t have a single scholarship senior and is the seventh youngest team in the country. Santa Clara is also without one of its top offensive weapons, Kevin Foster, who injured his foot in December."

The best part of the evening for me was watching the hustle and enthusiasm all the way to the end of the bench. Also watching Few working his lads was perhaps the bet look we'll ever get about what goes on in practice.