PDA

View Full Version : TV Broadcast Team for tonight

ZagNative
02-25-2010, 03:45 PM
Link (http://the506.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1266700702)

Santa Clara @ 15 Gonzaga, 11:00
ESPN2: Jon Sciambi, Tim McCormick

BobZag
02-25-2010, 04:56 PM
Where's Gannon and Bardo? :confused:

BroncoZAG615
02-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Gannon's doing Olympic stuff I believe.

ZagNative
02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
Per the site linked above:
Iowa @ Northwestern, 7:00
ESPN: Bob Wischusen, Stephen Bardo

Zaghawk shock
02-25-2010, 05:07 PM

Do you like Gannon and Bardo? Seems to me that they have great conversations with each other but neglect to call the game half the time.
I would definitly listen on the radio if it wasn't 3 or 4 seconds ahead of the TV.

ZagNative
02-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Back story for my original post: I actually went to the site linked to confirm which announcers handled broadcast duties for our game at Pepperdine. I was pretty sure it was Heister and Ehlo, but a column from Pepperdine-Graphic.com (http://www.pepperdine-graphic.com/sports/zags-remind-us-things-could-be-worse-1.2170240) that popped up in my RSS Zags feed confused me. The headscratcher is bolded in the portion of the story quoted below:

Last Saturday nightís marquee basketball matchup against the nationally ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs had all the glitz and glamour of a Beverly Hills doggie spa.

The stars were out in full force for the ultra-hyped televised game, hoping to bring a little luck to the struggling 7-21 Waves.

I never thought Iíd see Los Angeles Clippers Head Coach Mike Dunleavy in the same bleachers as Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak, but clearly anything is possible at Pepperdine. Just bill the last home game of the year as the biggest and best, and itís amazing who comes out of the woodwork to watch.

Celebs werenít the only engaging people in tow. Fox Sports commentators, dressed in their finest $5,000 suits accentuating the always-classy spray-on tan, called the action. Ultra-shiny television cameras as glistening as coach Marty Wilsonís forehead sat poised and at the ready.

Between the pre-game tailgate barbecue, the Sound Waves band with horns blaring and students, faculty and alumni alike clad head-to-toe in orange apparel, for a brief second I thought I had walked into the Carrier Dome.Heister and Ehlo slick and glitzy? $5,000 suits? Always classy spray-on-tan?

I thought maybe I'd forgotten that Fox called in some heavy hitters to cover the game but then I checked and confirmed: Heister and Ehlo, proving once again that you can fool some of the people some of the time, or at least one writer for the Pepperdine Graphic.

bballbeachbum
02-25-2010, 05:37 PM

will miss them on the replay of the game...like their player's perspectives and insights

and Bardo makes me laugh, too, out loud. some funny calls

El Voce
02-25-2010, 05:40 PM

Very unconfirmed rumor has it that Bardo is on leave having Matty B's baby.:)

kitzbuel
02-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Heister and Ehlo slick and glitzy? $5,000 suits? Always classy spray-on-tan?

I thought maybe I'd forgotten that Fox called in some heavy hitters to cover the game but then I checked and confirmed: Heister and Ehlo, proving once again that you can fool some of the people some of the time, or at least one writer for the Pepperdine Graphic.

Yeah...everybody knows that people from the Northwest don't need spray on tans in Feb. $5k suits are just hanging in every Spokane Walmart, too! :)

HOOTER
02-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Call me weird but I've never really concerned myself with who's calling the game. I guess I just get so absorbed in the game I don't even notice the blabber mouth's talking about it.

bballbeachbum
02-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Call me weird but I've never really concerned myself with who's calling the game. I guess I just get so absorbed in the game I don't even notice the blabber mouth's talking about it.

can't listen during the games, either. no volume. the internet helps a lot because you can keep up with fouls, timeouts, etc, without having to listen. watching the replay of the game tho, I like familiar company...who may be having Matt's baby

Jedster
02-25-2010, 07:46 PM
Ehloesque in their comments. Dowdell at the line early in the 1st....

"Dowdell is an engineering major, and i don't mean the train kind. It's the one where you're good at math."

LongIslandZagFan
02-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Man do I miss Bardo.

Jedster
02-25-2010, 08:54 PM
How about this one...Main announcer, "this one is ugly tonight", Color guy, "Phyllis Diller ugly".

Wow.....

Can you ever say that you would miss Ehlo? Perhaps tonight.

23dpg
02-25-2010, 09:15 PM
http://memyselfandhi.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/heatmiser.jpg

Birddog
02-26-2010, 04:03 AM
It's always a tough assignment when the game is a blowout as bad as last night's, but these guys didn't have enough story options prepared beforehand. Did you know that SCU was the 7th youngest team in the country?
They did let it slip that this was the first" true road test" that the Broncos faced (assuming they meant in WCC play) as the others had been played in front of a lot of empty seats.

titopoet
02-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I heard Tim McCormick before. The team covers lower Big East games, Seton Hall type games. but he was totally unprepared...If I hear how young Santa Clara is again, I will throw up Phyllis Diller Hair.

Newsflash the 10th youngest team beat down the 7th youngest team. GU has 1,23 avg years experience to SCU .96.

He seemed surprised the Zags attacked the inside so much. Newsflash, they have been doing since November. They are not what he thought they were ... a good shooting team from the outside with little inside presence ... a typical stereotype of a midmajor. Zag did not fit his ideas about them. He even said he had to revise his opinion of them now that he seen them live.