PDA

View Full Version : Future Zag Dranginis vs Bishop Kelly

BobZag
02-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Tonight at 7:30 MST.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/02/25/1094430/skyview-bk-boys-play-for-4a-title.html

Skyview and Bishop Kelly duke it out in the rubbermatch of their 3-game series tonight. The game is at BK, so if you live in the area, this would be a great game to watch. The game decides the District Championship and favorable seeding for the State 4A Tourney.

We'll post the score and details in this thread Friday morning.

Snagglezag
02-25-2010, 09:10 AM
a W for the Knights!

...but Kyle w/ the triple double. :)

(208)Zag
02-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Snaggle,

I'm sorry you're so torn.

You must be a BK grad. Cheer Cheer for Old Kelly High!

BobZag
02-25-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm going to have to pull for the Hawks of Skyview. :)

zagking
02-25-2010, 11:40 AM
I'll be there. Looks like I'll have to dvr the scu game.

zagking
02-25-2010, 07:26 PM
BK won tonight 49-42. I had Kyle down for 14 pts 4 ast 4 rebs 3 stls and 2 blks. Overall I thought Kyle played pretty well. He had some great passes, and his teammates missed layups cost him at least 3 more asts.

BobZag
02-26-2010, 08:51 AM
BK won tonight 49-42. I had Kyle down for 14 pts 4 ast 4 rebs 3 stls and 2 blks. Overall I thought Kyle played pretty well. He had some great passes, and his teammates missed layups cost him at least 3 more asts.

Bugger. Those 3 blown finishes were the difference. Not a bad outcome considering where the game was played. This, from the Statesman--

Sometimes a victory means more because of the journey it took to get there.

Two seasons ago, the Bishop Kelly High boys basketball team finished with a record of 2-20.

Thursday night, the Knights upended defending state champion Skyview 49-42 in the 4A District Three championship game at Bishop Kelly. It ended a streak of four district titles in a row for the Hawks (19-4).

"I told the guys magical seasons have magical moments along the way," Bishop Kelly coach Larry Crump said. "This was one of them."

Bishop Kelly will be the league's top seed at next week's state tournament, which runs March 4-6 at Borah High. The Knights (17-6) open against the District Four runner-up at 1:15 p.m. next Thursday.

Skyview draws a first-round matchup with 20-3 Hillcrest at 6:15 p.m.

For seniors Jake Hardee and Anthony Loisate and junior Austin DeSilvia - who were on the Knights' two-win team - Thursday's victory was a career-defining moment.

"This is big. This is unbelievable," said Loisate, who scored a team-high 12 points. "It's the biggest win, for me at least, on varsity. We get a another shot at state, but coming in with a district championship is a lot more sweet."

Bishop Kelly, fueled by a a 11-game winning streak, hopes to improve on last year's two-and-out performance at state.

"Last year we were just glad to make it to state, but this year we have bigger goals," DeSilvia said. "We want to win some games and do some damage at state."

Skyview, meanwhile, will attempt to regroup in time to defend its title.

"We have to use this loss as motivation going into next week," Skyview senior Terrell Rowe said. "Maybe this will help us refocus. ... We've just got to keep our heads up and fight through next week."