• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BMAN
    Kennel Club Material
    • Dec 2007

recruiting

The article in todays paper said Leon Rice was running practice earlier this week because coach Few was out on a recruiting trip. I wonder who he was visiting?
  • adoptedzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Would have to be a good one for the head coach to make the trip rather than an assistant.

Comment

• cjm720
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

I'm guessing Kyle Wiltjer - Jesuit plays Southridge - regular season finale
      - 2/25/2010 7:15 PM Southridge Southridge High School
      Go Zags!!!

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Gary Bell, Jr., though the Seattle Times only mentions Romar. *shocker*

I doubt the writer even knows what Few looks like. Ugh.
        Last edited by BobZag; 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• zaguarxj
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
          Gary Bell, Jr., though the Seattle Times only mentions Romar. *shocker*

I doubt the writer even knows what Few looks like. Ugh.
          Shouldn't it be pretty obvious by now that Romar's teams consistently underachieve? What are these kids and their parents thinking?

Comment

• Zagquette
            Kennel Club Material
            • Feb 2007

Few vs Romar; GU vs UW

UW Hoops: Part of heralded 2006 class, Huskies star reflects on what might've been

Nuff said....

All four recruits were ranked in the top 25 nationally at their positions. That kind of quality arriving on the heels of back-to-back Sweet 16 appearances led to dreams of a dynasty.

But instead of Final Fours, Pondexter sat home in the 2007 postseason, suffered a one-and-done disappointment in the 2008 CBI, and was eliminated by Purdue in the second round of the 2009 NCAA tournament.

That’s enough underachievement that when asked about the highlight of his rapidly ending UW career, Pondexter still looks ahead.

“I haven’t had mine yet,” he said. “I measure everything by winning, so there hasn’t really been a moment that sticks out so far. Hopefully, I’ll get one in the next few weeks.”
            Why not have Bell ask Bouldin if any moments stick out for him over the last four years......

Peace
            No sense in playing an in-state rival if you have to eat lopsided defeats. It's just like the great Athenian orator and statesman Demosthenes once said -- and I'm paraphrasing -- it's better to be called a chicken and not lose to Gonzaga than to be called brave and get blasted.

- Parrish, CBS Sportsline 12/11/2006

Comment

• RockandRollJames
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Zagquette View Post
              UW Hoops: Part of heralded 2006 class, Huskies star reflects on what might've been

Nuff said....

Why not have Bell ask Bouldin if any moments stick out for him over the last four years......

Peace
              Good Point!

Comment

• RockandRollJames
                Kennel Club
                • Feb 2010

I don't know if he was working Bell or not, but I do know he was working a Canadian guard that is a Junior. That would be Kevin Pangos.

Comment

• willandi
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2007

It sure seems that every game is televised (many of them on ESPN), consistently making the field of 65, quality of education, and integrity of coaches should make the Zags a slam dunk with any in state or NW prospect.

The drawbacks are that, as nice as Spokane is, it isn't the warmest, liveliest place to live. Probably you'll have to actually earn a starting spot, and more likely will be a back-up or redshirt at least one, or both, of your first two years here...then you have to earn the start.

I wonder what misconceptions are perpetrated by the other recruiting coaches?
                  Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Kiddwell
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                    The drawbacks are that, as nice as Spokane is, it isn't the warmest, liveliest place to live.
                    Gotta figure Spokane's AT LEAST as lively as Lawrence, Kansas, and that school does all right getting talent.

:]
                    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• willandi
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Kiddwell View Post
                      Gotta figure Spokane's AT LEAST as lively as Lawrence, Kansas, and that school does all right getting talent.

I agree. I was trying to play devil's Advocate. Why would any intelligent High School Basketball player, in the great Northwest, attend any other school, if they were offered by the Zags? It can't be exposure, because of all the TV the Zags get. It can't be quality of education, Gonzaga is hands down better than the State schools, at almost any level. So if immediate playing time is the primary concern, and an athlete is willing to sacrifice winning and post-season play, then the choices become murkier. If a night life etc. is more important, then why are they a student athlete?

Spokane has its share of quality entertainment, with movies, theater and concerts. We have some of the best Golf, at afforable rates, in the country, and access to fishing, skiing, boating, running and almost any other outdoor activity, in more abundance and quality, and at a better price than almost anywhere else. It's why I live here. But in the minds of a high school recruit, especially one from a major metropolis, our life COULD seem tame. That was all I was implying, just didn't want to have to use all these words.
                      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Kiddwell
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                        I agree. I was trying to play devil's Advocate. Why would any intelligent High School Basketball player, in the great Northwest, attend any other school, if they were offered by the Zags? It can't be exposure, because of all the TV the Zags get. It can't be quality of education, Gonzaga is hands down better than the State schools, at almost any level. So if immediate playing time is the primary concern, and an athlete is willing to sacrifice winning and post-season play, then the choices become murkier. If a night life etc. is more important, then why are they a student athlete?

Spokane has its share of quality entertainment, with movies, theater and concerts. We have some of the best Golf, at afforable rates, in the country, and access to fishing, skiing, boating, running and almost any other outdoor activity, in more abundance and quality, and at a better price than almost anywhere else. It's why I live here. But in the minds of a high school recruit, especially one from a major metropolis, our life COULD seem tame. That was all I was implying, just didn't want to have to use all these words.
                        Gotcha. Just having fun with you.

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

I would go to Pepperdine...it suffers none of the problems that were identified in Omar's list of worst places to live .....

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

If the guy's in the gym all the time, what difference does the weather make?

But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• Birddog
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I think you picked a bad example. Lawrence has a population of over 90,000, KU has 30,000 students, and its just about 40 miles to Kansas City. Rolling Stone named it one of the best college towns in America. I'm pretty sure that between Lawrence and KC, there is more hapnin' than in Spokaloo and the great Inland Empire. OTOH, Lawrence doesn't have mountains, lakes, skiing, etc, but do you think that matters to a BB prospect?
                              Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                              Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                              All mimsy were the borogoves,
                              And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

Working...
                              X