PDA

View Full Version : This week's rankings

LynetteG
02-22-2010, 08:43 AM
#18 in the AP
#9 coaches (not sure this is new or last week's still posted)
#21 parrish/cbssportsline

whatazag
02-22-2010, 10:57 AM
I'm happy with 15 and 18, seems pretty reasonable.

One of the reasons it is nice to be in the top 25 is that in theory we get to be on SportsCenter, but has anyone else noticed we hardly ever get highlights this year even being in the top 25? My guess is that we play later games, but still sucks.

VaBeachZAG
02-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Frankly, I am getting more than a little weary of our seesawing in the rankings. Others on this board with more knowlege on the subject of seeding than I, have said rankings have little effect on where a team will fall seeding wise. If true, then all I care about at this late date in the season is to get the best possible seeding and get the best possible play out of our guys for a hopeful deep run.

LongIslandZagFan
02-22-2010, 11:06 AM
15, 18, heck even the 21 I am cool with. If they are going to throw up clunkers, they gotta take the lumps that go with them.

This team could go deep or flame out in round 1... It really depends on which team shows up.

They need to do a much better job of adjusting to teams that deny the paint while tailing Matt. I'd have to go back, but what kind of D did LMU play? Was it a Box and 1?

ZagLawGrad
02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
The newest rankings strike me as more in line with reality. It's one thing to lose to a big name school, but no excuses for LMU and USF losses.

Zags just seem to catch something bad when they get ranked as high as last week. Better to stay under the radar.