PDA

View Full Version : Just Three Months Ago

Montzag
02-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Remember these words?

“Matt Bouldin will be expected to shoulder the load as Mark Few faces one of the toughest rebuilding jobs of his 11-year tenure.”

Sports Illustrated, College Basketball Preview, November 23, 2009.

While SI predicted Gonzaga would be part of the field of 65, they placed Gonzaga at 49th.

Define for me the term “exceeding expectations”. If this year’s team does not
meet that definition, I do not know a team that would.

I want to thank this team for all their hard work, efforts, and sacrifices to reach what they achieved to date. They have provide many hours of enjoyment.

Yes, I was somewhat down after games like Duke, Wake, USF and LMU.
However, I will never say that I was disappointed with this team. They have
already exceeded my expectations. Instead, I want to encourage them to strive to be even better and I look forward to a great March(and potentially even April).

SFZAG
02-21-2010, 09:44 AM
VERY well put.

willandi
02-21-2010, 07:46 PM
is for the Zags and the Mariners to be playing meaningful games at the same time. Not preseason or exhibition. That means one of them must be in a championship, or near championship situation. Maybe this is the year.

Reborn
02-22-2010, 06:28 AM
I WAS disappointed after the LMU loss. I accepted the USF loss quite well because games like that do happen. And the team is young. The LMU loss was different. Ugly. Zag ugly. I hope I don't see a poor effort llike that again by a Zag teams in another long, long time. I'm glad they bounced back so well against Pepperdine. I think they started out the game with something like 12-12 shooting. I think they were ready. And the first half defense was just awesome. 19 points.

I really like this team. I've said it in other posts. They've had a very good year so far. Unbelievably good. They definitely exceeded my expectations in a way. I knew they were Zags, and that they would somehow become the very good team that they are. I had doubts that were brought on by the youth of this team. But somehow it hasn't hurt them at all. I'm anxious to see how this confidence that they have holds up in tournament time. Because that's when it all counts. In the end, I will NOT be disappointed in this team at all if they don't even make it to the Sweet 16. My expectations for this team at the beginning were low. So every win they get in the NCAA will be just so awesome for me. I hope they make it to the Sweet 16, but it will NOT be easy. The same for anything past that. It only gets harder. Go Zags the rest of the way. There are a lot of games before March Madness and they are all important.