• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EngineerZag
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Feb 2007

LMU beats Portland tonight in OT

Interesting. Maybe we didn't lose to such a bad team as the RPI indicates.
  • NovaZag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Nov 2009

LMU is finally healthy. Just in time to spoil the party.

Comment

• alaskazagnut

Just for beating us

and Portland, their RPI should go up 30 or 40 points.

Comment

• webspinnre
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by alaskazagnut View Post
        and Portland, their RPI should go up 30 or 40 points.
        Which is good for us. Might get them out of the terrible loss category.
        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• MickMick
          Zag for Life
          • Apr 2007

This is why RPI isn't all that. A perfect example of how it often fails to accurately measure a team. An average over a season is much, much different than a brief snapshot of time.

Right now, LMU is a very good team.

Right now, there is no way in hell that there are 200 teams better than a healthy LMU.

I expect to see them in the conference tournament semi final or final. I have not seen any other WCC team play defense at their current level. They are very capable of winning the tournament.
          I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• Das Zagger
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Apr 2008

Could be interesting to see what LMU does in the conference tourney ala 2008 SD.

Comment

• MJ777
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by MickMick View Post
              This is why RPI isn't all that. A perfect example of how it often fails to accurately measure a team. An average over a season is much, much different than a brief snapshot of time.

Right now, LMU is a very good team.

Right now, there is no way in hell that there are 200 teams better than a healthy LMU.

I expect to see them in the conference tournament semi final or final. I have not seen any other WCC team play defense at their current level. They are very capable of winning the tournament.
              Zags will likely see them in the Semis. They are solidly in 5th place with a 6 and 6 record with a good chance to move to 4th over USF who is 7 and 5. However; USF has to play UP and GU on the road this week. There is little or no chance LMU can overtake Portland (8-4) for 3rd. The 4th, 5th and 8th place teams are on the same side of the bracket as the number 1 team. As it stands now they would have to beat USD and USF to get to the semis. Hopefully they stay in 5th so that the semi-final game if they reach it is their 3rd in 3 days.

Whether they are the 4 or the 5, the Zags owe them a beating.

Go Zags!

Comment

• MickMick
                Zag for Life
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by MJ777 View Post
                Zags will likely see them in the Semis. They are solidly in 5th place with a 6 and 6 record with a good chance to move to 4th over USF who is 7 and 5. However; USF has to play UP and GU on the road this week. There is little or no chance LMU can overtake Portland (8-4) for 3rd. The 4th, 5th and 8th place teams are on the same side of the bracket as the number 1 team. As it stands now they would have to beat USD and USF to get to the semis. Hopefully they stay in 5th so that the semi-final game if they reach it is their 3rd in 3 days.

Whether they are the 4 or the 5, the Zags owe them a beating.

Go Zags!
                I understand that LMU will not overtake teams for seeding purposes. The point I was getting at is that LMU will win games in the conference tournament. Enough games that I expected the Zags (or perhaps another team?) to see them in the semi final or final.

Edit: Now I get what you are saying. The way the bracket is lining up, the Zags would see LMU in the semi final. Sheesh, the Zags might not even make it to the championship game. I would rather see the Zags face any team but LMU. I was hoping that Portland or SMC might knock them off (or wear em out).

I believe the Zags have a tougher route through LMU, than they do through Portland or SMC. Is USF on their side of the bracket too?
                I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• 1973Zag
                  Kennel Club
                  • Feb 2007

If we can't beat a .500 team playing their 3rd game in 3 days, while we are fresh-----does it really matter who we play in the Big tournament? I see a serious confidence breakdown happening!

Comment

• Zagpower
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Feb 2007

I think LMU has the second most individual talent in the league.

With their injuries (and they are not very deep) to two of their starters now healed, we're just starting to see the team at full strength.

Comment

• ZagHouse
                      Kennel Club
                      • Jan 2009

I'll give LMU credit in taking it to the Zags the other night--but I'm not anointing them the second coming in the WCC as of yet. The Zags shot terribly from the field and were still only down by four in the closing minutes. "Hey LMU! On your best night you can barely beat us on our worst--good job." I think a match-up with LMU in the semis would be the best scenario for Bulldogs moving into the dance. If I was LMU I wouldn't want to see the Zags at all--not the other way around.

Comment

• Zagpower
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2007

I'm pretty sure nobody wants to play us and we'll be a huge favorite against anyone we play.

Still, we're just discussing LMU and the other teams. Discussion does not equal fear.

Comment

• ZaginLaw
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

P10

How many Pac-10 teams could go into LMU and get a win? Not many...

Comment

Working...
                          X