PDA

View Full Version : Kingma Playoff Highlights (31pt Game)

mrob7
02-20-2010, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1vLtWJPBjc

Some highlights from Jackson's first playoff game Wednesday where Brett Kingma had 31pts in a 65-50 win. Game tonight vs. Lake Stevens, if we win we go to State, should be good. Check it out

Puddy
02-20-2010, 12:47 PM
we definetly need this kids shooting ability at gonzaga no doubt. we are really lacking a consistent sharp shooter like a Bankhead or Raivio, everytime they released the ball it looked like it was going in. I know i only see the makes but this kingma kid can stroke it.

dim4sum
02-20-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd like to see a two or three minute video that focuses exclusively on Kingma's defense. Is any such animal available? He's got craftiness, but he isn't a blazing speed merchant in the offensive mode. I'd like to see a video illustrating whether his hands are quick, Can he pick your pocket? Does he get floor burn looking for loose balls? Can he board for his size? Can he pass? Does he get many tips? Just the normal intangibles that spell winner. That's what I'd like to know.

mrob7
02-20-2010, 02:29 PM
I'd like to see a two or three minute video that focuses exclusively on Kingma's defense. Is any such animal available? He's got craftiness, but he isn't a blazing speed merchant in the offensive mode. I'd like to see a video illustrating whether his hands are quick, Can he pick your pocket? Does he get floor burn looking for loose balls? Can he board for his size? Can he pass? Does he get many tips? Just the normal intangibles that spell winner. That's what I'd like to know.
Gotcha, maybe when I get some time i'll make a video with that.. He does get some steals here and there but to be honest alot of times he dosen't play the smartest defense.. Like he'll go for a steal sometimes when he should be playing his man face up. He's a pretty good passer, albeit he dosen't pass very much, but he can always make those acrobatic fastbreak flashy passes, or nice fullcourt passes. Like I said earlier I just think he needs to play some smarter D sometimes. With good coaching he can learn i'm sure

mrob7
02-20-2010, 04:06 PM
I will say however, he has greatly improved his ability to get to the basket and score this year. Last year he was more of a spot up shooter, but he's been alot more willing to drive, take a hit and score or take the foul this year, its been nice to see him improve that aspect of his game

mrob7
02-20-2010, 09:05 PM
Well brett showed up tonight thats for sure... Had 33 in a crushing loss. I'll put highlights up later.. Jackson was up 24-2 at the beginning of the game then lost.. Unbelievable

MDABE80
02-20-2010, 09:40 PM
OUCH! 3 of em went home?

mrob7
02-21-2010, 08:22 AM
OUCH! 3 of em went home?

Huh?

mrob7
02-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Well.. yet another amazing night for brett.. The last 3 games he's had 92pts. Thats pretty unheard of in HS basketball. I'll have game clips up probably later this weekend, but I gotta focus on getting highlights to comcast first (shooting 5 games in 3 days). Here's a clip from last night's game that I uploaded, brett's 2nd dunk of the season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRY_EyvcaM0

U Zig, I Zag
02-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Well.. yet another amazing night for brett.. The last 3 games he's had 92pts. Thats pretty unheard of in HS basketball. I'll have game clips up probably later this weekend, but I gotta focus on getting highlights to comcast first (shooting 5 games in 3 days). Here's a clip from last night's game that I uploaded, brett's 2nd dunk of the season:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRY_EyvcaM0

Nice. Thanks.

Technically, he has matched Matt for dunks this year. :D

zagboni
02-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks Mrob, Nice take by kingma. I don't think his D is as bad as everyone thinks. Haven't seen him play in the last couple of weeks but he sure is lighting up the score board. He is now leading the seattle metro area in scoring at just over 25 ppg. 31,33, 28 over the last 3.