PDA

View Full Version : Play of the game

abeanzag
02-19-2010, 11:26 AM
...and when I knew we were in trouble. Big trouble.

Sacre blocks shot. LMU player comes out of nowhere (almost like it was an alleyoop), grabs the ball in mid air, shoots, scores...and to rub it in our faces, is fouled in the process.

EngineerZag
02-19-2010, 11:42 AM
I thought the play of the game was when we had made a nice run, were only down 4 with 1:20 left and had LMU on the ropes with 1 second on the shot clock, only for them to get an easy layup and go up by 6. If that doesn't happen, we most likely go down and score again on the other end, and it's a 2 point game.

gamagin
02-19-2010, 11:50 AM
there was no GUnit of the game vs. LMU.

Isn't that a first ?

Where have all the flowers gone ?

Rbo
02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
there was no GUnit of the game vs. LMU.

Isn't that a first ?

Where have all the flowers gone ?

Usually at least one player steps up and has a great game, even in a loss. Not last night. No flowers, just frustration.

Xin Loi 67
02-19-2010, 03:37 PM
LMU's inbound pass with 1 second on the shot clock. A backbreaker, the dot on the I.

JPtheBeasta
02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
...and when I knew we were in trouble. Big trouble.

Sacre blocks shot. LMU player comes out of nowhere (almost like it was an alleyoop), grabs the ball in mid air, shoots, scores...and to rub it in our faces, is fouled in the process.

I've never seen a foul on a loose ball be called for a continuation "and-1" type play. Pretty weird...

I agree that the shot with one-second on the shot clock was the dagger. Why the Zags were trying to take away the deep shot and not the easy one under the basket is a mystery (the angle of the defender guarding the man throwing the ball in looked all wrong to me)...